H2H9 / Head-2-Head-9: Rules & Sign-Ups

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

Role: Player

Games: Open and LL in theory

Availability: Currently unemployed so positively dripping with availability. That could dramatically change down the road because I'm on the job hunt, but for the foreseeable future I'm blessed with time for rct

Goal: To make parks that are innovative, forward thinking, ambitious, but most of all fun. I'd prefer a team that is relaxed and excited to build together, but I wouldn't mistake relaxed for casual, I still want to put effort and energy toward creating great and fun work.

• IonZer0%s's Photo

Games: OpenRCT2

Availability: Captains, please read this. I want to make my schedule perfectly clear.

(Now – Saturday, May 8 ) The Dark Times
    On average I have one open evening a week.  Moving closer to May, I will likely have zero.  Absolutely brutal semester right now.  As the week of May 1 - May 8 approaches, I’m going to become a hollow husk of a human being pulling many all-nighters and subsisting on nothing but motor oil coffee and 5-hour energy until I click the submit button on my last final.

(Monday, May 10 – Tuesday, May 26) The Enlightenment

Summer break.  Back home.  Schedule is wide open.  Go time, full send.

(Wednesday, May 27 – Friday, August 6) The Grind

I start a 9-5 internship.  Weekday evenings should be open.  I ride my bike a lot, so one day per weekend will probably be spent doing that. The other should be wide open.

(Friday, August 6 – Monday, August 16) The Enlightenment 2: Electric Boogaloo

Back home.  Wide open schedule.  More full send.

(Tuesday August 17 – End) The Dark Times Return

College starts up again.  Should have some/most evenings free, especially August 17 – August 28.  Once September hits and I start having assignments due, will probably have only a few free evenings per week.

Goals: Contribute. Learn. Improve. Be a more valuable team member than I was in H2H8.

Strengths: NCSO.  Coaster layouts. Park planning.  Landscaping. Foliage. Atmosphere. Hacks. Some shoe-stringing.  Comfortable with basically any theme, no dislikes.  I encourage criticism toward my builds, and I’m not afraid to scrap and restart stuff. I would make the copying shogo joke, but I think I did that last time.

Weaknesses: CSO inexperience: only ever done smaller builds, have yet to take it large-scale.  I tend to slow down and sometimes burn out on large-scale projects, but having deadlines and a team to peer pressure... I mean encourage... me should be a major help. 

PS: First and foremost, last H2H, I didn’t have a good workflow or approach to building.  I spent a lot of time between then and now completely stripping back my approach to the game, forcing myself to work within strict parameters at high standards, and developing my skills.  I really feel like I’ve self-corrected, streamlined, and improved the way I build and the quality of my finished products.  I feel ready to take on more challenging projects now.

PPS: I’ll be uploading some more current stuff for a better look into my skillset now, my screens are a bit outdated imo.  I have some WIP shots on the Discord too.

(I know. I typed an essay. Sorry bout that. Didn't think I was gonna join but the dates work so... got stoked)

• Hex%s's Photo

Games: OpenRCT2, WW/TT

Availability: Pretty busy until mid June, after that I should have plenty of time.

Strengths: Layouts, NCSO, Interaction/Composition, I'm also super nitpicky and tend to notice things that are wrong/missing/floating.  I also like to think that I take criticism well.

• Tolsimir%s's Photo
    Captain
  • In:Cities%s's Photo

Some considerations when naming potential captains

- FredD               

Pros: Real life coaster enthusiast. Belgian. Motivated. High productivity. Demolishes french fries with ease.

Cons: Belgian. 

- RWE                  

Pros: Reliable. Great architecture skill. Productive. Good at articulating ideas. One of the top 4 nicest germans on NE

Cons: Will likely end up on same team as V1 and Recurious

- Scoop                

Pros: Highly motivated. Years of experience in the professional mock draft circuit. Solid graphic design skills. Muscular calves. Lots of ideas.

Cons: sounds out of breath on voice chat after 5 minutes of building

-dr dirt                   

Pros: Landscaping. Grand ideas. Unique approach to game. Could actually be a graphic artist if he wanted to. American. Easy-going

Cons: is a male nurse or something. idk i'm reaching here

-Liampie                    

Pros: Microsoft Excel. Organized. Nice hairline. Good sense of humor. Skilled at gathering reference material and planning.

Cons: Will end up drafting tolsimir anyways

-Steve                         

Pros: Experienced lover. Owns the patent for specific trees. This will thankfully prevent him from building on Ve2ris. Loving dog dad. A t m o s p h e r e

Cons: age / if he forgets to charge his phone, he's done for

-Me                              

Pros: every park gets a logo and poster and map and stickers and website and wikipedia article

Cons: lol

-Kumba                      

Pros: worlds most renowned rct player. major street cred. owns the 1k object factory. hacks. creative. experienced in h2h.

Cons: is kumba

-inthemanual                

Pros: Loving father. Mega creative. Always underrated. Reliable. Hacking. 

Cons: forces team into hard manual labor

-Tolsimir                        

Pros: is tolsimir. Pushes boundaries. Creates objects. Huge penis. Next level scenery. Calm and collected.

Cons: still german

• FredD%s's Photo

I'm really glad to see players like Leon, Alex, Ziscor sign up. Would be bad to not have you guys in this contest :)  Also a lot of potential golden boys like Mamarillas and Zarathustra. This is gonna be awesome!

That post is hilarious Josh :D

• mamarillas%s's Photo

Josh this is 2021 merch is only the beginning. I'm thinking every park needs a custom font, bespoke cocktail recipe, and 3-4 track EP.

• Tolsimir%s's Photo

Huge penis.

where do you get your intel from

• In:Cities%s's Photo

liam has spreadsheets for  e v e r y t h i n g

• nin%s's Photo
    Game: you already know
    Availability: Similarly to Cocoa, simply put I have artistic and professional commitments taking most of my time but can offer enough to lead a park and assist on another at the least. I'll be as punctual as can be with letting a captain know if I'm not able to build for a period. 

As a bit of a preface, aside from just building I'm interested in offering feedback and conceptual development as needed to really push ideas and polish as far as they can go. I can offer more visual guidance than the average bear and show new ways of developing ideas and planning more intuitively than what we typically see as it's something I do in my day-to-day.  I'd also be down to help newer members refine their skills and visual identity as much as I can. Think of this all as a sort of "creative consultant" role rather than just another builder on a park, so long as a captain would want it. 

Historically, my RCT output has been pure realism or IP-driven parks and simply put I'm pretty over that, and really want to delve further into theming and ideas. I'd rather not just do a Disney park where I'm matching what Google Maps tells me. 

Lastly, I'm fairly decent at leading group park management. My last got a Spotlight. My style is rather cutthroat and many could attest to that, but it works and I can assist a newer captain with such details if they're interested. 

All that is to say: fuck it, I'm in. 
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

where do you get your intel from

Fisch? :D
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Historically, my RCT output has been pure realism or IP-driven parks and simply put I'm pretty over that, and really want to delve further into theming and ideas.

Oh ho ho I cannot wait to see what you come up with nin... your latest DKMP entry and micros are a testament to the greatest you can produce with themed works and fantasy ideas!
  • Ziscor%s's Photo

I'm really glad to see players like Leon, Alex, Ziscor sign up. Would be bad to not have you guys in this contest :)

Love you too FredD :,)

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Every season I say I won’t, but here we go again.

What you will 100% get:
    A valued member of the team that will be active almost 24/7, constantly giving feedback, critiquing whether you like it or not, but always sending positive vibes and always down to meme & post gifs.

What you may possibly get:
    An incredibly active and inspired Lew that builds a lot of great stuff and really puts 100% into everything, builds a considerable amount on several parks and has a fantastic H2H.

What you could also get:
    An incredibly unmotivated Lew that just can’t get into anything, resulting in just providing layouts, supports and a maybe a bit of foliage here and there.

It’s ultimately down to you as a captain to work out whether what I 100% will give is enough to take a shot on which Lew you will get. And of course it’s down to you as a captain to try and unlock my full potential, cause it is in there, deep down.

What I will say is that atm, I am back and I have a fire under my butt. I’m passionate about RCT & about NE again. I obviously have my ideal captain choices, but I’m open to discussions with any potential captains that want to know more on what I can offer/what I expect from this season.

Now, apparently this is going to cause a domino effect?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    So glad you're in this Lou! Even in the worst case scenario of you churning out some good layouts and being a good cheerleader, you can be invaluable.
  • RWE%s's Photo

Yes, Louis! So happy to see you in there.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    I was really hoping to see Lew sign up too! Great stuff!
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

Damn, this H2H is stacked! Great to see all the big guns joining in as well.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Forgot to mention dog pics, you can have lots of dog pics if you like that sort of thing to help with morale.

If you don’t, then I guess I’ll just keep them to myself.
  • FredD%s's Photo

Forgot to mention dog pics, you can have lots of dog pics if you like that sort of thing to help with morale.

If you don’t, then I guess I’ll just keep them to myself.

I rather want pussy pics. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading