H2H9 / Head-2-Head-9: Rules & Sign-Ups

• Terry Inferno%s's Photo
    Player
    RCT2/LL/SimCity 4
    Available: Generally at night

Strengths as a builder: NCSO, map planning, foliage & landscaping ("F&L" as we refer to it in the union), interiors
    Weaknesses as a builder: CS architecture/detailing, advanced ride hacks (anything beyond a basic shoestring)
    Goals for H2H9: To bring other builders' visions to life on one park, take the lead on another, and emerge with the knowledge and experience to take my own ideas to the next level (in other words, take the next step in pushing myself out of the 60-80 range)

DM on Discord for unfinished/unreleased project screens
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    "Reluctantly crouched at the starting line"

(Sigh...dammit)

Floater/player
    All but WWTT, but consider me OpenRCT only.

Goals...fun collab with anyone that would want me, ideas and roughing in, learn from others on finishing touches. Don't ask me to pick bench scenery or be excellent with buildings, but I do love for putting together a whole package if need be. Mostly this is for fun, but I'd make sure my round(s) is/are submitted on time.

Availability is open after 9pm eastern USA on many evenings after work and family time...no planned vacations but if i get a job out of state I will be packing, moving etc. Would of course let team know.

To offer? Bronze quality offerings, love of color, OK with bizarre, and technically a H2H2 win with a gimmicky park idea I had in 2003. Oh, and fun...if I get stressed I won't want to be here...but I would rather discuss than get angry.

Easiest way to contact is Discord PM...even if it shows offline or cell or whatever, I will see it on my phone if awake.

Dammit Liam...Terry...Lotte. And thank you too.
  • Mr.Brightside711%s's Photo

Player

OpenRCT2

Availability: Pretty free since I am not working much, but I have a trip planned for 2 weeks in early in June and 3 weeks in Mid July. (Covid permitting)  

Goals: All the realism. I just wanna make some awesome realistic parks with people that wanna do the same. Got great ideas for realistic parks and coasters that haven't been done.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

Player

OpenRCT2 + LL

Details:

Ever since last h2h I wanted to be a captain the next time round, but in the last years and months you maybe have noticed that I've been around here less and less. I'm finding it harder and harder to prioritize rct and NE, as much as it does continue to be meaningful to me, against all the other artistic pursuits and career goals in my life. writing, physics, weird art shit with friends, etc...

So- I'm signing up as a player. I see you guys drafting me in early rounds in mock drafts, so I would like to advise against doing so (as much as I enjoy the ego boost). I'm really not going to be available like I was last time or especially like I was in h2h7. I think my best skills are rct time management and advise and ideas for the rest of the team, and in other years I think I've been very active in helping shape the team's parks and overall ideology, but I can't guarantee anything like that again. I just don't know how busy my life will be and how my priority list will need to look, but I can say that rct is lower than it used to be.

As for actual rct parkmaking- there's one or two things I'm interested in but none of it is probably "gauranteed winner idea" material. I mostly want to have fun, push unusual boundaries, and make parks that really are meaningful to me, and not just h2h-meta-winners. I probably only have one majority-share park in me to give to a team, and put me on other parks at your own risk! Also, I'm very picky with the work other people do on my parks so if you're easily annoyed by criticism or having things cut, don't work with me plz.

OK so long rant. I just want to let the prospective captains know exactly what they're getting- one weird park and a good attitude and someone who just wants to have fun, be silly, and do weird shit with rct friends. I really am not competitive and don't care about winning this go round.

love yall

• Poke%s's Photo

Player 

Openrct2 + LL

Availability won't be an issue for now.

I want to make a better run of H2H this time, though it's gonna be hard for me to keep up with such high quality nowadays!

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    Woohoo! Poke! SixFrags! Great to see you guys dusting off the old RCT disks! :)
  • SWAGTITTIES%s's Photo

Role: Player

Games: OpenRCT2

Availability: Prefer NCSO, one week a month I am on the road for work. Also I have a hot wife.

• Kumba%s's Photo

Captain/player

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Nice
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Also I have a hot wife.

I don't doubt it. Great to have you on board. Same goes for Kumba, Poke, and everyone else! Fist pump for every name I can add to the list.
  • DreamMachine%s's Photo

Role: player

Games: OpenRCT2/RCT1, CSO and NCSO

Availability: availabe in the evenings and the weekends.

Unlike my colleague (pussy), I would like to sign myself in as participant for this contest. I know, I have not shown anything yet (Still need to finish my park), but i am able and ready to take the challenge.

Strengths as a builder: Landscape, foliage, coasterdesigns, micro designing and realistic architecture.
    Weaknesses as a builder: hacks.

My goal for H2H9 is to show my skills. I know I probably won't be elected because my profile is empty at the moment, but I would like to change that. I would like to show my quality in a competition like this because I think I can add value. And after 2 H2H's that I have spent as a lurker, I think it is time that I participate and finally show what I can do.

• Lotte%s's Photo

I don't think anybody minds it if you post some unfinished work in the advertise yourself thread ;)

Should also be a lot more manageable to get picked up by a captain now that there's 78 spots instead of 60!

• Cocoa%s's Photo

show us what u got

• DreamMachine%s's Photo

Attached Image: show-us-your-butthole.jpg

I will make some screens shots later this week.

• Maverix%s's Photo

Role: player

Games: All

Availability: Should be pretty free until June, may get busy around then but TBD.

• Jaguar%s's Photo

Games: All of them
    Availability: Any time as of now, but I will probably be far less busy in the beginning.

Also, if I get drafted, I kind of want to do my own thing. There ought to be good fantasy stuff.

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Good to see you Jaguar. Looking forward to whatever you build!
  • Steve%s's Photo

Also I have a hot wife.

Get ready for a R1 pick cause I like your style.
  • Jens J.%s's Photo

Alrighty, let's give this a shot!

Games: OpenRCT2
    Availability: Available on evenings and weekends, no vacation/trip planned for the summer yet, but if there will be one I would let my team know in time (in this case, it might mean that I won't be available for the semi-finals). 

My main goal for this contest is to improve my CSO skills (and share / expand my NCSO knowledge if an NCSO park is a possibility in my team). Have done some small projects with little CSO in the past, but it's now time to take it to the next level. I'm good with sculptures / foliage / terrain, less good with hacking and such (anything beyong basic shoestringing will fry my brain lol).

If there's any captains out there that want to see more of my work, feel free to DM me!

• Coaster-GEOFF%s's Photo
    Jens!!! Awesome, dude!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading