Head-2-Head Classic / H2H Classic - General Topic

• Liampie%s's Photo

A little more than three days left until the round 1 deadline!

• Levis%s's Photo

I think the countdown is confused, it didn't stop but is now counting up

• Liampie%s's Photo

Match outcomes so far

R3 loss   R3 loss R2 loss
    R3 win   R1 loss    
      R1 win   R2 win R3 loss
    R3 win   R2 loss   R1 win
    R2 win   R3 win R1 loss  
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Standings after R5!

R3 loss

R4 loss

R5 loss R3 loss

R2 loss

R4 loss

R3 win   R1 loss R4 loss R4 loss
    R5 win R1 win   R2 win R3 loss

R3 win

R4 win

R4 win R2 loss   R1 win

R2 win

R4 win

R4 win R3 win R1 loss  
  • Lurker%s's Photo

Am I reading this totally wrong, or does that show the Demigoddesses as losing R5 and not the Barnacle Heads?

• Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

Am I reading this totally wrong, or does that show the Demigoddesses as losing R5 and not the Barnacle Heads?

And the Barnacle Heads aren't shown as having a R5 loss to the Demigoddesses either.

• Scoop%s's Photo

yeah you guys are right. Barn boys are 4-2

• posix%s's Photo
    H2HC Champions Logo

After just about 3 months, H2HC comes to a close, and we congratulate Hawaii 0-Five on winning the event. A very impressive performance United States wheres_walto and team, and a number of beautiful parks delivered :mantis:

H2HC Conclusion
    Place
    Team
    Parks submitted
    Win–Loss record
    Avg. votes received
    # LL / Total
    7–1
    88%
    64%
    3 / 8
    38%
    4–3
    57%
    49%
    4 / 7
    57%
    3–3
    50%
    54%
    2 / 6
    33%
    0–6
    0%
    41%
    2 / 6
    33%
    1–3
    25%
    31%
    1 / 4
    25%

Although the Evergreen Gardeners didn't have the lowest Win–Loss record, they still had to be placed last in the contest as they didn't meet the minimum LL ratio requirement of 30%, as outlined in the rules of the contest.

Top 3 Parks

The contest has lead to the creation of 31 parks total of which 12 were LL (39%). Quite not bad if you ask me.

Out of all parks, these were the top 3, based on panel score:

# 1
    Viori Cove Map
    Viori Cove 82.00% panel score
    By: United States AvanineCommuter (85%), United Kingdom Xtreme97 (10%), United Kingdom SSSammy (5%)
    # 2
    Undertaker Map
    Undertaker 78.13% panel score

In 3rd place we find a three-way tie (!) between the following parks:

# 3
    Port of Discovery Map
    Port of Discovery 75.00% panel score
    By: United States Ethan (98%), France Babar Tapie (2%)
    Cape Solari Map
    Cape Solari 75.00% panel score
    By: Germany Magnus (45%), United States Steve (45%), United Kingdom Xtreme97 (10%)
    Poképark – Kanto Map
    Poképark – Kanto 75.00% panel score
    By: United Kingdom J K (64%), Canada Iretont (35%), United States Kumba (1%)

Congratulations United States AvanineCommuter for adding yet another top result to your name. Viori Cove was everything this contest could have hoped for. You nailed the classic vibe while also adding subtle contemporary touches, which lifted the experience to something new and thoroughly enoyable. Bravo!

Strong applause also to you United States Terry Inferno for finding your name amongst the top parks of the contest with an LL entry (!). Undertaker has shown what an LL connoisseur you've become, and what fresh and unique skills you have developed. A super show, well done.

That three parks should have the identical third highest score is a big coincidence, but I love seeing it shared amongst a spectrum of relatively new and super established players. It must be mentioned that United Kingdom J K and Germany Magnus are still "just returned" members. The fact they can readily produce top placing content is pretty astounding. J K has already bagged a Design win recently after a 10 year break. Magnus' previous park was also that long ago, and he seems to continue exactly where he left off.

Summary

Whilst we assembled the above collection, we noticed who of you has posted the most reviews in all matches. As of the time of writing this post, United States Gustav Goblin is leading the review count, followed by United States Astroturd and United States Ling. Thank you guys so much.

To give honest and well intended feedback to any kind of RCT is so meaningful to the creators, and we encourage you to check through the matches and complete any missing reviews.

And with that, we bring H2HC to a close. It was wonderful to see such love given to a past style of parkmaking that exists only in our collective minds. We hope you enjoyed it, and have taken something from this contest that you'll want to employ in your own projects.

Please check the discord for United Kingdom SSSammy's upcoming livestream about the 2nd half of the contest, where hopefully many of you creators will join.

There will be some cooldown now before a new contest. Thanks for creating this beautiful event with us.

NE Orbit
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo

Congratulations Hawaii 0-Five! You put out some stellar parks this season and deserve it!

Super proud of the Barnacle Heads! First time captaining a team contest and it's been a dream team, thanks to all of you guys for being so eager to work and sticking together, and glad I got to work with so many of you! Also special shoutout to Lurker who's being a real MVP this season, keeping the ball rolling from R1 all the way to R6.

• Ling%s's Photo

Still can't believe how good Viori and Pokepark are. I'm sad I missed some rounds due to computer issues. VMWare isn't functional on my PC anymore so OG LL is out the window for me. Wonderful contest and so happy to see so much LL in 2022.

• In:Cities%s's Photo

congrats my sweet tropical goblins - top notch work all around

• Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

It's funny. A year ago today, H2H9 had just ended and I was dying to be part of a H2H team. At that point I thought it would be three years into the future. A year later and not only did I end up on a H2H team but one that managed to win it all. Pretty amazing really. I had some huge expectations for myself which I didn't exactly reach, but at the end of the day I think I contributed some great ideas and helped us score that eleventh hour victory. A 2-1 record with the one loss being a guest spot isn't half bad for my first H2H.

One big last shoutout to Hawaii 0-Five, statistically the sickest team ever. Big props to Walto for drafting me (although I still think 5th is way too high) and putting up with my headassery all contest. I feel like some points we didn't see eye to eye, but I definitely think I'm a much better parkmaker for it and I couldn't have asked for a better captain. Much love for the rest of H05 as well; we're all kickass parkmakers and I'm glad all of us got to build this contest. Even Mrs. Walto's 1% share has some techniques I haven't seen any other parkmaker do. Shoutout in particular to Kumba and J K for flawlessly channeling themselves from years ago and Terry for being an absoLLute monster and our obvious MVP. Cheers to Hawaii 7-1!

• J K%s's Photo

It's very fitting that we have a tie for third with some of the best builders H2H has seen, it's a pleasure to be up there with you guys. Congrats to AVC, Xtreme and Sammy on best park, I completely agree with this and whilst not my favourite park of the contest (Port of Discovery was untouchable for me), it was essentially a beautiful throwback to 2005. Good job guys!

This H2H has been an awesome experience and I really think Walt put together a team of the freshest, most talented guys on the forums. it was a pleasure to participate and be inspired by them. I see green titles very soon for most of H05. Great job to Walt for being an awesome captain, but also letting the team do its thing. It was a very natural process for all the parks.

Finally the four horseman for running the best, most chilled competition I've seen. It's been a great summer of parks thanks to you guys. 

Pumped is an understatement for H2HX!!!

• Scoop%s's Photo

Congratulations to Walto and the gang!!! It's definitley deserved as you drafted yourself a team of workhorses.

I'm super proud of the way my team was able to pull together to release some great work even if when not everyone was readily available.  Makes me super excited for H2HX in a couple of years. Hopefully I'll be able to captain another great team.  

To the admins. Even if we don't get the quantity of events that other communities have, I think the quality far outweighs that. You guys have been delivering time and time again for the past few years and it makes me extremely excited to see what comes next! 

Till the next contest everyone! 

• Faas%s's Photo
    Thanks all for participating and thanks to the admins for hosting it.
  • RWE%s's Photo

Congrats everyone! Had a fun time captaining and putting a team together. I think we produced some great parks. Sadly we all had some time issues in the later rounds of the contest, so we didnt finish all of our parks and didnt manage to meet the LL requirement in the end. But i guess all in all that is fine with the casual approach of the contest, kind of... Looking forward to maybe see some of the projects finished for something else in the future. We definitely had some fun ideas and a good time in our team. I dont regret anything.

Thanks to the admins for the as always good organisation and nice time in the captains chat. Lovely presentation of all the matches as well as everything else. Thanks to all the people who commented a lot like GG, Ling and Astroturd, always enjoyed reading through some great comments, although i couldnt comment as much as i wanted too.

• Milo%s's Photo

Congrats to the H0-5 for a fantastic showing.  Being part of the Barnacle Heads was a ton of fun and it was a great experience.  Throwback events like this do a lot to feed into inspiration for me and I have enjoyed this and 8/8 as they helped rekindle that rct enthusiasm.  Great job to the admins as well and even being open to expanding it as we had some great contributions in later rounds.  It's always cool to see some new blood pick up LL as well.  I think there are some very interesting approaches that were showcased here and I would love to see more from anyone who wants to give it a go.

• Lurker%s's Photo

Congrats again to H05 for an impressive run and win, And thanks to the admin team for putting the time and effort into organizing and running this contest. It was great to see all the throwback parks and the amount of new LL parks, and of course to get to play in it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading