Pro Tour 1 / The NE Pro Tour

This topic hosts comments for 68 parks(View Parks)
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    Come on Kumba, win already!

Im getting tired of seeing you enter and come in second every round. Come on iris, let him in, give someone else a chance at second place.

Though ride6 seems pretty confident, he should do well, having so long to prepare...
  • Steve%s's Photo

i know...im going crazy here waiting for the results...will they be up soon?

:|
  • Hyperion%s's Photo
    I've got my wooden coaster all planned out already... it will probably be a bigger competion though... but I still expect to do really well... (the more positive, and less cocky you are about these things, the better you will ussually do...) I might also do the video game or movie coaster...depends on what mood I feel like I am in... Good Luck Everyone...

Hyperion
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Im getting tired of seeing you enter and come in second every round. Come on iris, let him in, give someone else a chance at second place.

Though ride6 seems pretty confident, he should do well, having so long to prepare...

Well put viper. I'm glad you thought of me. Even if i don't win this round i should at least make a good showing, and that is enough for me to possably win another, later round... Mine Train or Wooden Coaster would be my next choices. One or the other mind you, not both. I need time to carefully design, build, theme, and detail.

I'll just say that my Adventure Ride was at year 19 when i finished it. And really i think it could've used another hour or two, to add some more architecture. Oh well.

Kumba has the best statisical chance at winning this round. He's an expert at hacking and he also out does me in the theming/creativity departement. Who knows though. I spent a week consepting this and then two building it. None the less good luck to you, Kumba. I'm pulling for you, even if I pulling for myself more :).

I still want Kumba to get in, i just don't want to have to build two or three rides to get in.

ride6
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    It'd be pretty funny if someone who hasn't posted at all ends up winning this. I can't wait for the results. Come on iris!

Anyway, ride6, your minetrain in adobe creek was really good, so you could make a good show in that contest for sure.

Eveverone, start betting, how many more rounds will it be before Kumba gets in!

Good luck everyone.

BTW, how long is he unable to post for?
  • Steve%s's Photo

BTW, how long is he unable to post for?

a month...

ya, and iris, where are ya? its 11:00 where i am now...sorry if im being too impatient... 8)
  • Micool%s's Photo
    The entries are due tonight at midnight.

They won't be up until tommorow night.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Round 4 has come to an end.
    Since there were only two entries, I did the judging this round by myself, I was really impressed by one of the entries anyway.

Both entries were definitely very solid. While one really executed the theme incredibly well, and was a very in-depth experience, the other was more focused to hacks and ideas. While this one was pulled off nicely, I found it pretty repetitive in places (at least theming wise), and the layout was a bit uneventful. There were some nice elements, but looking at the same scenery (for the most part) really hurt the ride, while the other was a fully in-depth storyline that looked like something Butterfinger would build, and for that he picks up the victory.

The winner of this contest is....
    ride6
    Welcome ride6 to the Pro Tour! (Guess he really should have been that confident)

Kumba painfully again gets second place. I really hate to keep awarding second like this, but I was just really inspired by ride6's ride. Still, a very solid entry, and hopefully you'll find a place in this tour eventually. Also, the name of your ride was really bad imo...So vague, just like you took the words from every other adventure ride, and put them together in one name.

1. Indiana Jones and the Fortress of Peril by ride6
    2. Quest for the Lost Legend by Kumba

Thanks to those who entered.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Kumba: I know you're reading this right now and I'm sorry bud! You've got to do something really special. I haven't seen the entries yet but "Quest for the Lost Legend" doesn't have that special-ness sound to it.

I'm thinking there'll probably be a big showing next week...seems like a more popular genre anyway.
  • California Coasters%s's Photo
    Haha Kumba...

I havn't DLed them yet. I'll review them soon.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    It seems I have the honor of posting in the place of the forgotten one. It's kind of useless to take the posting away if you're people are going to post his posts for him, but I felt bad for the guy. And it's such a sad reply. :(

Posted Image
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    I'm starting to see a trend and is the reason why I will not be entering the rest of the Pro Tour events (although I wouldn't have won anyway). It appears that unless you Hack the crap out of your entry, you don't stand a chance. So far it seems to be more of who knows how to use the SoB/8cars trainer more than creating a realistic ride. I could be wrong but thats the way I see it so far, with the exception of the first week. Thats a shame for me because this sounded like such a cool contest and I hope someone can break through and win without having to hack the rides.

Anyway,

I really liked Kumba's entry this week and was my favorite of all that he has submitted to date. I thought it fit the adventure aspect of the event (less the name). Keep at it, you'll get there.

Ride 6 - I for one appreciate the respect you showed in the readme file for those that could be offended by the entry. For that alone, I tip my hat to you. As for the park, There was just to much to see and I could not figure out what was the actual ride. I'll take a look again later though.

Looking forward to seeing more in the next few weeks.

rctnw
  • Critic%s's Photo
    I would've thought Freak was entering this...
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Sorry Kumba..but..

LMAO.

Kumba, am I right in saying that you are not entering the Liquid Coaster comp?
  • Panic%s's Photo
    If all else fails, Kumba (and let's not think about that now), I would recommend entering the Alien contest.

You've already shown your skills with creature-oriented environments in at least two entries. (Haven't looked at your Adventure Ride.) With those abilities I think you could answer the call in the Alien contest. Also, if any ride calls for some good hacks it is the Alien ride.

Not an obligation, just a suggestion.

Also, who all is entering the wooden coaster contest besides Hyperion and Kumba?
  • JiMeMo%s's Photo
    waaaah! I sent in my entry... did Adix give me the wrong e-mail address?? I will destroy him.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    man...Kumba just cant win can he? thats too bad, becuz, imo u shoulda won. yours was really cool, the coaster hack was great and i liked the overall atmosphere of this entry...but their were 2 downsides: 1-it broke down every 30 seconds...
    2-the name really wasnt that good...
    but great try man! i know u will win the next one!

ride6 :u had a great entry and congrats on the win. u had a very creative ride here, and it had some nice hacks too...but for some reason it didnt draw me in like Kumba's did...but it still was cool! and the huge wall going around was a cool idea also...

great work guys!

Kumba, am I right in saying that you are not entering the Liquid Coaster comp?

i hope not, if he does ill be screwed, lol...

:D
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Ride6: I thought is was hidious...honestly, the wall was totally ugly and the colours used were awful, and the colours were way too random, a large loop on the mine train is an bad idea, plus, it didnt look anything like Indiana Jones.
    The only thing I can credit you for is the explosions.

Kumba: People will be thinking that I like this one best, but it isn't, its just as awful, a couple of structures and shrubs. with a coaster, not very adventurous IMO. The architecture and foliage was exactly the same as your rapids entry. I can tell you rushed it, 5 hours, man, in that amount of time all I can do is 4 buildings.

Neither of them impressed me, Im sending in my Liquid now.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Well, probably the weakest winning entry so far, but I still think the correct choice this round.

Ride6 - I liked the layout of the ride except for the large loop (thought this could have been left out without affecting the quality of the ride in the least.) You seemed to have some nice exciting drops and the speed of the ride slowed down just enough to create suspense in places. Definitely the better of the two from a ride perspective.

My real beef with this park is the architecture and theming. I just didn't like it, it seemed random and sloppy and didn't create any atmosphere for me. The wall was a neat idea, but I thought it was just to dominating visually. Maybe it should've been shorter or had more elevation change or a more meandering layout. The buildings themselves just didn't transport me into any of the Indy movies, which is what I would have expected from an Indy ride.

Kumba - 2nd again, but this time you didn't deserve to win. The ride itself was incredibly boring really. It just seemed to meander aimlessly without creating any sense of adventure or excitement. It goes back to the old argument of using hacks to improve and add interest to the ride, or using the ride to show off your hacking ability. A unhacked ride that was well themed, with a great layout would have easily beat this. As for the architecture, I do like your style, but can't help but think I've seen this look over and over again in your work. It get's repetitive within the scope of this ride, but also on the larger scale of your body of work. Your X-Sector tribute was wonderful because it forced you to do something different and was extremely well executed. I'd like to see you really branch out and try something we've not seen from you before.

Looking forward the the next round.
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    Kumba once again comes ibn second. Ride6's entry has me wondering, tho, are we supposed to create a micro park with the ride in it or just the ride fully themed? ride6 had a park with other rides and everything going on there.

And i didn't get a readme with the file, i hope it explained that swastika (sp?), if not, wtf ride6? Good job, ride6, all that confidence was warranted, solid ride.

Kumba, Kumba... Will you ever win?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading