Pro Tour 1 / The NE Pro Tour

This topic hosts comments for 68 parks(View Parks)
  • California Coasters%s's Photo
    Is anybody entering steel twister? And BTW When is it due?

(December 8) ) ??!?!
  • Micool%s's Photo

Coming off the most succesful and best contest in RCT history, The Hi-Rollers Contest in which Mala......blah....

ah yes:

8._______________ - Create The Best Steel Twister ( December 8 )

• MindBender5%s's Photo
    Heh, Micool is the official Pro Tour secretary.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Round 5 has come to an end.
    I'd like to thank PyroPenguin (yes, the incredibly cruel harsh judge from Hi-Rollers) for helping me judge this round, and helping in deciding a winner.

Really a very high quality round this time. All five entries brought some very positive aspects, and while the first place winner is definitely deserving in my opinion, the rest of the top 3 could have just as easily won. Four of the entries used RCT2 and one used LL, but everybody definitely used their various skills to their advantages. Anyways, onto the winner...

The winner of this contest is....
    sloB
    Welcome sloB to the Pro Tour!

sloB put together a really beautiful liquid coaster with an amazing atmosphere, something that some of the other coasters was lacking. It was nothing I hadn't seen before, but I couln't really find any faults with it either. Really shows a lot of skill and talent. Sure, some people will opt for the more creative and unusual entries of the round, but every once in a while a classy entry will come along that you just can't deny its quality, and sloB's liquid coaster exemplifies that. Still, a very quirky Micool entry almost won, and Marshy came in a very close 3rd.

1. Del Espantoso Jungle Expedition by sloB
    2. Fall of the Little Green Men by Micool
    3. The Journey of Nefertari by Marshy
    4. DoomLords Kingdom by TerrorTech
    5. Pharaoh's Wrath by steve41

Thanks to those who entered.
  • Micool%s's Photo

I'd like to thank PyroPenguin (yes, the incredibly cruel harsh judge from Hi-Rollers) for helping me judge this round, and helping in deciding a winner.

Fuck! If I had known that, I wouldn't have entered! :( :D

Well I don't know when I'm going to get another entry in. Probably not till one of the last contests. Congratulations sloB.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Hey, well, congrats on being one of the few RCTM members (not already a ParkMaker) to place (again). No offense to the others, since I haven't entered... yet.

Good job to all who did enter this round. sloB's park really was pretty cool, and Marshy's was nice as well. Better luck next time guys (minus sloB).
  • \/\/33/\/\an%s's Photo
    All i'm gonna say is that there were both (Marshy's & sloB's, only ones i saw) great. It was really hard to say which was better, i'd say Marshy's was slightly nicer than slob's.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Aaah.

Congrats SloB, I had a feeling you would win.

I probably won't enter any more contests, it was my best work and I was beaten.
  • John%s's Photo
    Congrats slob, you dough head. ;)
  • artist%s's Photo
    Wow im very impressed with this round all the entrys were good.

I Think marshy's just beat slob's but slob your was amazing great colours and the archy was wicked. I just think marshy's had better colours and it reminded me of Voodoo's work so thats why i proberly liked it so much.

Steve41- This was nice but not good enough imo but still a great coaster.

TerrorTech- Well matches your name perfectly :lol:
    I liked this one also mainly because it was very different from all the other entrys.

Micool sorry i cant view your entry because my LL is buggered but when i fix it i will give it a look.

Well done Slob.

~Nemesis Chris~ :yup:
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    RAPIDS

VOODOO - DESERVED DUE TO SCALE

Kumba - RIDE WASNT AMAZING, JUST STAYED ON SAME LEVEL FOR MOST PARTS, GOOD HACKS, LOVED ANACONDA...MAYBE A BIGGER SCALE COULD HAVE GOT U THE WIN...

GYMKID - GREAT HACKS, FUCKED UP BUT UNTHEMED...SHAME

NE THEMED MEMBER

SIX FRAGS - DESERVED DUE TO THE THEMING..CAPTURED A NICE ATMOSPHERE...NOT THE GREATEST OF RIDES

Kumba - I THINK U GOT THE WRONG END OF THE STICK. BUT NICE NONETHELESS...

THAT RYANB THING - WHAT THE FUCK ?

ADVENTURE

RIDE6 - WAS GOOD...I LIKED IT, SOME GOOD IDEAS..SUM STRANGE COLOURS FOR INDIANA JONES THOUGH. ALSO YOU WOULD NEED GOOD SAFETY BELTS TO GO THROUGH THAT LOOP...THE TRAIN FLIPS AROUND LOL

Kumba - SORRY, YOUR WORST ONE SO FAR.....RIDE WAS PLAIN BORIN TO BE HONEST..NOTHING HAPPENED IN THE JOURNEY APART FROM REVERSING AND UP A LITTLE SLOPE.....WOOOOO.....YOU CAN DO BETTER..THEMING WAS TOO SIMILAR THROUGHOUT
  • \/\/33/\/\an%s's Photo
    When is the steel twister deadline? There's only smiliey on the front page where it should be the deadline........
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    LIQUID

SLOB - YOU SHOULD HAVE WON JUST....SO WELL DONE...NICE THEMING, SOME NICE BUILDINGS AND GOOD RIDE LAYOUT

MARSHY - QUITE GOOD, COULD HAVE WON...GOOD LAYOUT AND SOME NICE THEMING...WHY WAS THERE A MINI MOUSER UNDERGROUND NEAR THE MAIN LIFTHILL ????

TERRORTECH - I ACTUALLY ENJOYED THIS. SOME GREAT DARK TECHNICAL THEMING

STEVE1- BIT PLAIN, SOME NICE THEMING BUT THE RIDE LAYOUT WASNT ANYTHING SPECIAL

MICOOL - I CBA OPENING RCT1 YET...ILL EDIT IT IN
  • Marshy%s's Photo

WHY WAS THERE A MINI MOUSER UNDERGROUND NEAR THE MAIN LIFTHILL ????

MUSIC!!!
  • Scarface%s's Photo

WHY WAS THERE A MINI MOUSER UNDERGROUND NEAR THE MAIN LIFTHILL ????

MUSIC!!!

AHHHH
  • mantis%s's Photo
    haha, I like how you (scarface) can't be arsed to open LL when it takes 1/100000000000000th the time of rct2 ;) I hear ya.

This is a really cool round of entries - all of them were pretty damn good!

I'll do these in reverse order of 'liking', but I liked all of them.

Steve41 - I liked the way you'd put thought into all the fences, water and landscaping. The architecture was nice and the coaster was interesting (if a little short). Nice display of what you can do in rct2!

Marshy - very impressive scale-wise, and nice colours/consistency, but...I dunno, it didn't have as much character as the other entries. It's kind of the same problem I had with Voodoo's rapids...impressive yes, absorbing not so much. I liked your hacking with the egyptian temple things though - kudos on that.

Micool - messy messy messy messy! If you cleaned up it'd be so much better. You'll make it if you pull off another candy-cane coup. Go for it, man!

TerrorTech - a close second IMO. I loved the buildings and the way each part of the ride was themed in its own way. You need to sort out your cog rotations and ride naming (I thought the names sucked a bit), but apart from that you've got atmosphere, colour and ingenuity in bucketloads. Great triffid.

sloB - dude, nice coaster! Lovely 'scenery' parts (the flat journeys around tunnels and corners), nice synching on one of those drops with the track going round it (probably accidental?) and very cool architecture. I liked the colours, shrubbing, layout and atmosphere. A worthy winner, although I think TerrorTech put up a good fight. After your cool Hi Rollers entry it's cool to see you in the PT - good luck!

Looking forward to the next round now! *hopes even more people enter*
  • artist%s's Photo
    Well i have just sent in my Mine Train Entry Iris have you got it ?
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Wow, this has been a great day for me. Not only did I unexpectedly get into the NE Pro Tour, but I also found out that I'm gonna play second line varsity for my school hockey team (as a sophmore walk-on).

First of all, thanks to all of you guys that liked it; surprisingly a lot of you. I was glad to get it out for the contest becuase obviously I want to get in the Tour, but also I really needed to release SOMETHING.

Also, thanks a lot Pyro for judging; that makes the win all the more special. I remember you gave my HR a 5, so it's good to see you liked it. Thanks again

As for the ride, I've been working on it for a while. I started just after the catagories were announced and this was basically the only thing I worked on. Just shows all you people entering in all of the contest *coughKumbacough* that stickingt o one entrya nd taking your time can pay off. I really focused on making a solid layout and trust me, it took a while to finalize it. I wanted to make it a little bit adventure ride-esque (i.e. the "flat journey parts*), while still retaining excitement throughout the ride. I also looked from the point of view of the rider to make it constantly interesting. If you look at the ride, there is always something cool for the riders to look at.

I'm glad I got in now though, becuase I can stop focusing ont this for a while and get some clubwork done. Maybe mend the SDI reputation a little. hehe.

Onto the other entries though (In the order I liked them):

TERRORTECH
    Dude, that was awesome. So many cool ideas, and awesome BIG architecture. The ride itself looked pretty fun. There were a couple little RCT no-no's IMO, but other than that this one put up a VERY good fit I think.

MARSHY
    Very good as well. While the ride was WAY too long IMO (almost 7 mins. lol), what was there was good ole' Marshy. Some very cool elements, like the queue line right over the big drop and the bridge over the pathway at the "entrance" to the area. The architecture was very cool and unique I'd say. It seems to me like you get better with everything you make and if you stop playing, it would be a great loss to the game, IMO. Good job, and don't give up, you can make it, I know it.

STEVE41
    The ride was obviously too short, but what was there certainly impressed me. The entrance to the coaster was solid although you could try to stay away from the 2x2 a little maybe. It also could have used some more color, IMO, but still good work. By the way, congrats on RCTU:P.

Micool, sorry, can't look at yours. My RCT is broken. Anyway, I hope you get in this Tour too. Good Luck!
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    Um, Scarface, what is up with the caps?
  • TerrorTech%s's Photo
    Well done SloB, (any chance I can borrow that 5 bucks till the end of the month?)

Don't beat yourself up on this one Marshy we picked a tough week to enter, any one of the entries could have one this time around.
    Fancy going H2H on the dark- ride round? :scarface:

This and the hotel round have been outstanding, looking forward to next Tues.....logged on a few times yesterday waiting for the results...the parkmakers are watching...

TerrorTech Library

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading