RCT Discussion / NE Needs New Parkmakers

• iris%s's Photo
    Well this would usually go in the RCT Rumors & Ramblings forum, but we're trying to locate our 'mysteriously' missing forum (My bad, I accidentally deleted it :p)

Anyways...the point of this topic is sort of what the Next Wave topic was, but with more of a sense of urgency.
    We're starting to have some of our older parkmakers retire pretty constantly now...
    Toon announced his retirement.
    Meretrix left us once again.
    Foozycoaster was put on the retired list due to years of inactivity.
    vTd retired shortly before these.

While some people may look at this and get depressed....for some reason I think of this as a very good thing.
    Time for New Element to march forward into the next wave of parkmakers. Get the old ones out of the way and clear the way for the new forces to break through.

If you haven't noticed yet, cBass is now a Parkmaker. The full announcement on that one will come in a few days, after WOMB gets its appropriate few days atop the NE Front Page. cBass has proven to me that he's one of the best talents in the game.
    The thing that really separated him from the other upcoming parkmakers is his release of Wisconsin, a full mega park.

Now...NE needs more new parkmakers to fill the void left by the retirees.
    I have my eyes on a certain 9-10 parkmakers that really need to step up now...after all, it's your time to shine.

1.Phatage
    Probably the most hit-or-miss parkmaker I've seen in a long time. Starting off with his Pro Tour entry, the Unfriendly Invader, I knew this guy was going to be a huge force here at New Element if he kept the motivation. He definitely has the motivation, and the skills, and the 'fun' aspect of the game that makes his parks a joy to explore. His newest realistic Six Flags park is just like that, while it may not be the easiest on the eyes, it's still so much fun to explore...has all the little Six Flags touches, and cool little bonuses everywhere, and it also shows me that he has diversity...going from fantasy to realistic. I'd like to see what he can do when he's not purposely limiting himself though, a true testiment of his skills...and that's all I'm waiting for.
    -Was: #6

2.Turtleman
    Proven to be one of the best LL parkmakers around the entire site nowadays, his sudden rush of skills seems to have come from nowhere. While people warn me that he is too fickle, and will most likely stop playing the game at any moment, I've sort of taken a liking to him and really don't see that. His skills remind me of a nice little mix of an upcoming Pyro or Fatha', and that's some great company to be a part of. He builds parks the way I would want to, and is currently the top of my list.
    -Was: #1

3.voodoo
    The other upcoming RCT2 parkmaker that seems to go hand in hand with John when the names are brought up. Very good themer, seems to be ahead of John in both coaster making and theming, just not in architecture. His Pro Tour rapids ride was beautiful, and the major reason why he's still even on this list, since he seems to be doing the same thing John is...constantly restarting his gigantic project, sort of leaving us all out here getting tired of waiting. While the skills seem to be there, the motivation doesn't, and that's not really a good sign...Hope to be proven wrong.
    -Was: #3

4.John
    Someone who's become quite an enigma here at New Element. The screens he occasionally shows in the Advertising District drive everyone crazy, but he's never even come remotely close to finishing anything of decent size. I'm not sure if he's even working on any major sized mega parks now but I haven't heard of him. His stock has been constantly dropping due to him repeatedly restarting his Disneyland project, causing people such as myself who are waiting for a release to grow increasingly impatient. He has the style down and the architecture is definitely there (coaster skills are still unproven), needs to get working.
    -Was: #2

5.Blitz-sama
    I know he might feel like I sort of abandoned him in the Next Wave list, having him so high then dropping him quite low. Well, he defintely has the skills to be not only a parkmaker, but in the upper echelon of Parkmakers. I don't really know why Blitz is so unproductive, but it's truly a shame. His style of fantasy parkmaking could really fill the craving that most people get waiting for Mala parks...while I don't think Blitz is quite on the level, he's the only one even remotely close...and just thinking about all that unused talent is almost angering to someone like me, waiting to recruit new parkmakers. Please get working Blitz!
    -Was #4

6.Kraken
    Someone who's really caught my eye, but also has some drawbacks as well. As far as pure talent goes, after looking at his possibly PT entry (the steel twister screens), and then his rapids entry that he submitted unfinished, I'm convinced he has more talent then any non-parkmaker. But....and a huge "but" is...he doesn't finish shit. He couldn't finish the steel twister contest, he couldn't finish the rapids ride, he's never finished a full park. He's shown screens of some new work in Death Valley, but I really don't think that's his best work. Still just finish something of substantial size.
    -Was: #5

7.Alec aka AK
    Another of the few LL parkmakers that are still upcoming. A former parkmaker that retired before his page even went up, he's now trying to regain the spot that was supposed to be his. His new park Madrone Shores is pretty nice, but as nice as it is I don't think it really shows off as much talent as AK has. "The Unknown" was a perfect example of AK's talent, and if he could produce more out of this world kind of work such as that, he'd be a Parkmaker in no time. I get mixed feelings looking at Madrone nowadays. I see the glimpses of talent, and then I think I see portions where he gets a bit unmotivated and lazy. He was supposed to work on a park with Ed, and if they could finish that one, that'd be more then enough to elevate him to parkmaker.
    -Was: #7

8.slob
    Another of the young RCT2'ers leading the way lately. He seems to have a shitload of projects going all at one time, and because of that he seems nowhere closer to finishing any of them. In some screens he's shown I've loved his work (that Inuero stuff was beautiful), but in other examples of his work I've been left dry. Projects like Mountain Frost where his work as undoubabtly 'nice', but the architecture was pretty common and completely un-remarkable at all...sort of like an RCT2-ized Roboparks. His newest NE Design attempt had me really excited, but what I recieved was "nice"...a kind of quaint coaster underthemed with some "nice" architecture scattered throughout. Usually it takes more then that to get an NE Design. From screens slob looks ready, but from what I've seen in-game...he doesn't. I'm just waiting until slob can wow me with a full park that's worth going nuts over. Until then...he sits in that gray area.
    -Was: #8

9.Themeparkmaster
    A very hard person to call as well. He finally released The Burning Secret after a year of production, but since it took so long the park was extremely outdated and somewhat boring in most places. He's started a new park that looks much better, but from what I hear production has stopped and it sounds like another "BS" scenario all over again. His "Odium" Hi-Rollers entry gave me hope, but I keep going up and down with TPM. Just adds on to another in the long list of unproductive promising parkmakers. The only difference is that TPM is one of the few precious genuine LL talents left...along with Alec, Blitz, Turtleman, etc. I need some more guys to step up and TPM has been on the doorstep for quite some time...just holding himself back from walking through.
    -Was: #9

10.Micool
    Another one that's been waiting on the doorstep for a while now. He had a spurt where he released like 5 things in a month, but that has passed and now he seems unmotivated once again. Judging from his screens in the Ad. District he has lots of possible projects going, but no inspiration to finish any of them. He finished The Happy Place which was pretty cool, but a little TOO wacky in certain places for my taste. For me, the thing about Micool's style is...it's so crazy that it doesn't work for an entire park. In one area or themed coaster he could be genius, but he tends to go a little too out of control trying to 'out-crazy' each previous area that it just gets to the point where it's not as much fun to look at anymore.
    -Was: # 10

11.Gymkid Dude
    Seems to have some great ideas, but never fully executes them. The Hi-Rollers idea seemed great, but the flowers ruined it sort of. The rapids entry he had could have been genius, but he didnt finish. The GTA thing was very nice, but he didn't really need any creativity or originality to do that. His new work seems pretty damn cool though, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    -Was: #11

12.Metropole
    Wasn't sure what to think about John Williams, the new park looks absolutely insane though, in a good way. The more I see the more I seem to like, so keep up the good work.
    -Was: #13

13.supertrooper
    Definitely impressing me a LOT lately. The newest medievel park is soo much fun, as was Big Top Circus Park. The park you had in between the two wasn't so much, but only cause that didnt show off your creativity. I'm thrilled to have you on my H2H team and I wouldn't be surprised if you were a Parkmaker before the season was over
    -Was:#18

14.leighx
    Really starting to emerge in my opinion. I like the small amounts of work he did in Kumba's newest park, plus his LOTR park really caught my eye. When that's finished, he may move up a hell of a lot more then most people will expect, assuming its as good as it seems.
    -Was:#22

15.ride6
    At first you were very iffy, but Waters of Civilization really impressed me. Some of the park was much better then the rest of it, but it still showed glimpses that you could be very talented with the right inspiration.
    -Was:#14

16.nemesis chris
    Seems to have the talent, but his work doesn't exceed anything over the word "nice". Sort of has the same thing going as slob, but not quite as good yet I don't think
    -Was:#12

17.Turtle
    Definitely has the talent. Never really broadens horizons enough to really impress me though. Tula City was cool but monotone throughout, your newest screens seem really nice though, hopefully you can add some diversity to your game
    -Was:#15

18.Titan
    Great coaster designer, but the work in Tiumba didn't impress me as much as I hoped. I'm basically judging this purely off your PT entry which is still the only thing I've seen from you that I really loved...but you've proven to be a terrific coaster designer
    -Was:#16

19.KaiBueno
    Continuously moving up the ladder aren't you? Love the fantasy work...sometimes its a bit too out there for me ((See: Micool)), but still almost nobody's parks are more fun to look at
    -Was:#17

20.RWAdams
    Definitely has the architectural skills down. The coaster skills seem to hold him back slightly and detract from some of his parks, but his stuff is still very enjoyable. His one fully released park disappointed be due to the extreme overtreeing, which took away from the fun parts of the park. Hopefully his PT will really impress me, as I think it very well could.
    -Was:#23

21.d4rkj4nu5
    Another very cool looking fantasy parkmaker that's upcoming. cBass seems to be a huge fan and usually his opinions are generally pretty accurate. Looking at your screens you've shown tons of potential, so keep up the great work.
    -Was:#19

22.Junya Boy (Making your return, I'm looking forward to it. You've always been able to put the 'little things' in parks to make them fun, but your parks have always followed the same under-themed trend. You never really go that far into a theme, and it makes the parks a tad bit boring.
    -Was:#20

23.Kumba
    Seems to be extremely popular around here in the Ad. District, but so far every finished park I've seen has been completely identical to me. It's obvious to me when Im looking at Kumba work, even if its in another park just because it all looks the same. Your newest park is a good change...but lets see how long that lasts
    -Was:#21

24.AustinPowers
    I like the work he's done so far. His style is somewhat messy and out of control in places, and usually there is always some part of the park that just pales in comparison to the rest, but his stuff is fun. Sort of like supertrooper, the two remind me of each other extremely much)
    -Was:#24

25.darkfire
    One of the most interesting prospects I've seen in a long time. He's a very clever parkmaker, and he sort of burst out of nowhere with some of his insane ideas...ideas I'd only expect from someone like Ed or Mala. All of his Pro Tour prelim entries were very solid, and his park shows some promise, but very messy. Still, looks to be a very 'interesting' upcoming LL parkmaker.

--

Please people, stop restarting all your shit.
    Finish something for Christ's sake, cause the site needs new parkmakers and parks pretty damn badly at this moment. Right now the upper echeclon of parkmakers are carrying us...mantis, X, Fatha, Nate, Posix, aero, Ed, and Cork are doing all the work to keep the site up. They need some help. cBass looks to be the first step in the right direction. I need some others to back him up though.
    Finish your parks.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    i agree with your prospective parkmakers, Iris, especially Nemesis Chris, he's my favourite non-parkmaker by some way.
    Anyway, I would finish my parks, but i suppose that's no use to you! Oh well, give me 12 months and i might be a parkmaker!
  • artist%s's Photo
    WOW 12th im really suprised, i hope my PT impresses you iris, its definetly my best work yet and im enjoying it like fuck!

:lol:

NemesisChris
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    rwadams belongs on the list. Just look at those hotels, i never saw a parkmaker produce something like that before.

blitz should have been a parkmaker a long time ago. he has talent, and is like no other parkmaker at NE. He invented a style, which you can´t say about most other people.

voodoo would belong in the top of the list, but not quite there yet imo..

same with turtle..

and same with turtleman (sorry) Imo, he needs to produce something original, (and don´t give me it´s flawless coz it really isn´t) and work on his coaster designs.

Those would be the only 5 i would mention, and leighx, loopy, and drew are the ones i would set my eyes since they show a lot of potential.

and after writing this, i forget the one that really should be a parkmaker as well (or atleast mentioned)

Red Brain.. he´s korean, but should that make a difference? i mean he created an entire city sort of thing, shouldn´t that be enough? ever tried making that? He´s awesome. And a korean fellow parkmaker would be kind of cool.

i hope you´ll take my suggestions into consideration, but i would like to add that i don´t think it ´s that necessary to "fill up" the parkmaker spots. no offence, but by not doing that and waiting till each one is fully there and has fully earned it, the parkmaker squad is a lot more rightfully a squad you could call elite.

I would also like to congratulate Cbass, imo, a very well deserved spot. The space station still goes into the history books of RCT as absolutely brilliant, Wisconsin was lovely (or atleast those buildings) and the screen that plays a trick on your eyes seals the deal. I love that. I wish i could make something like that, really.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    but RedBrain and guljam and people don't seem to release things. they seem to all be building on various maps with no real tangible projects.

what they do is brilliant, but not really 'parks'.

if you release ANTI, then blitz should be parkmaker.

I agree that roger should be there, but I think it's just the rides holding him back? But his architecture is probably the best IMO.

edit - there we go :D
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    So are you still gona wait till the PT entrys come in to pick? mines been moveing again and looking better then anything i have done befor.

Or do you want new guys befor then?

btw leighx only did one building in BP, the rest me, he did the one behind the B&Ms turn around, its hard to see coz of the bemmer.

and I still aint showing you anything till its done :p
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    I've heard that voodoo guys really hot right now. And dont forget iris, alot of the people from that list are in H2H3 so more work will be coming. As for work, well Im releasing the different maps from URE one at a time, starting with the one I shown you this morning, I actually work very fast, plus I've got a few tricks up my sleeve that I will be starting after PT.
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    First you delete the Rumors and Ramblings forum, and now you leave me off the Next Wave list; well I guess everyone makes mistakes iris.

No, but seriously, you're right. Its a shame to loose such great parkmakers (not to mention yourself iris), and its time for some others to actually release something. Turtleman, definitly has my vote. I dont' think anyone right now matches his LL skills....at least no current work.

Yep. Good stuff.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I personally would feel more motivated to not limit myself if the runner-ups were posted soon, although I am taking a little break from my pt for a little.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    i'm not going to comment on specific people, but just timing.

Right now, everybody seems innactive. The people that aren't parkmakers but are on your list are the ones that qualified for the PT for the most part, and I'm sure a large majority of your list is working on this important contest. They aren't allowed to show screens, and will be working their asses off till may, so they seem innactive.

i'm curious if its going to be POSSIBLE to make a 256x256 megapark with the new detailed style. Really, RoB was the last significant full mapper. Styles are now getting detialed below 1/4 tile objects, it takes forever to make anything. Toon got closest to finishing his, but look at Foozy's screen. If he put that much detail into every building, he'd a) hit the sprite limit, or B) take 4 years. Not too much new and groundbreaking custom scenery is on its way, so parkmakers are going with projects, and we should hopefully start to see them all by the end of summer. It's a bummer to wait, but you either have to wait, lose detail, or have everyone make minis.

Finally, h2h3 will help. voodoo is making a fucking 5 mapper! It's gonna take time. h2h3 will let parkmakers release highly creative, highly polished little peices. It's not megaparks, but it will be good.

So, ya, thats my analysis.

And thanks for having me on the list.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    mantis: I plan to finish the mini first, just so i have something finished.
    I told you, it's my "concept" park (aka: fiddling around with the rct2 game engine and such).

...though it is pretty old (no custom scenery).
    :D

just fyi, iris.
  • John%s's Photo
    My only problem right now is getting started. Once I'm started, I'm good to go.
    My project is flying right now, while my PT is being left in the dust.
    Hopefully I can reverse that and get something grounded for the PT.

And, I'll have an announcement in 8 days... ;)
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I'm missing one name on that list ;)
    j/k

SF ???
  • gir%s's Photo

my PT is being left in the dust.
    Hopefully I can reverse that and get something grounded for the PT.

Argh, same here. I hate it, I could just stare at it for a couple minutes but then I get nothing done. lol :lol:
  • ECC%s's Photo
    Tman.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    If I could only think of something to do after the entrance.. I would be finishing tons of things by now.

I always seem to get stuck after the entrance area. I see a whole bunch of green and have no idea where to start. I'm starting to get out of this habit, but right now I'm just waiting for some scenery to be released. When it is released, I'll finish up my NEdesign and start working again on a project I gave up a few months ago.
  • END_OF_THE_WORLD%s's Photo
    I am building 2 parks now, mabey i will become 1??? Loopy is a GREAT parkmaker, so is junga boy, they should be parkmakers, mabey..... :D
    ~you will love my parks~ 8-) (just ask Loopy) :yup:
  • Chippy%s's Photo
    ^ Um, Seriously loopy is probably not quite good enough for the list and who is Junga boy
    ??? I think your meaning Junya Boy , he is on the list dude.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Iris, you and I have had our problems in the past, but I honestly hope that that hasn't ended up in you changing your opinion of my work. I'm not complaining about being on your list, but I just feel like I'm overlooked a lot.

Right now, it makes sense to me, due to the stupid computer problems I've been having (and hopefully will be fixing soon).

I've let the problems between us go, and hopefully you have too, and I doubt that is why I'm not up there. I realize I have a problem of being too repeatitive, and hopefully Yokugoru will be the park to change that.

So yeah, just letting you know I'm alive and still supportive of the site.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    cBass: Congrats on the parkmaker spot, dude.

John, slob and voodoo: Get crackin'. :D

Seriously though,
    Turtleman is very deserving.
    So is John imo.

I'm not on the list? Meh.
    Maybe soon.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading