RCT Discussion / New Parkmakers. What do you think?

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Well i think we all know what iris thinks, but i think it would be great for everyone to speek their minds aswell. who knows maybe the peoples say does matter a little, iris did say something like "i do this for the people" once about running this site.

ok heres mine. one thing tho, i belive you need a finished solo to become a parkmaker, thats just IMO

1. Phatage
    2. Micool
    3. John
    4. Turtleman
    5. Voodoo
    6. Blitz Sama
    7. TPM
    8. Metropole
    9. leighx
    10. Titan

HM - slob, AP, Kraken, NC, Gymkid, and Junya Boy.

sorry if i forgot a few ......
  • JKay%s's Photo
    My top five are:

1.Turtleman
    2.Phatage
    3.Metropole
    4.blitz-sama
    5.leighx
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo

sorry if i forgot a few ......

YOU BASTARD!!!! (South Park) :D
  • Kumba%s's Photo

My top five are:

1.Turtleman
    2.Phatage
    3.Metropole
    4.blitz-sama
    5.leighx

you must really like my H2H3 team then :lol:
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Consider that I am much more into RCT2 than 1

1. Phatage
    2. VooDoo
    3. Turtleman
    4. Slob
    5. Dark Janus
    6. John
    7. Alec
    8. Blitz
    9. Gymkid
    10. Titan
  • jon%s's Photo
    Here are my top 10. Bear in mind, I'm an RCT2er.

10. Deano
    I like his style and his use of detailed buildings. Port Haven was a great park but it's a shame it wasn't finished. I'm happy he's on my H2H team and want to try and work with him on something.

9. John
    Most of you will disagree with me on this choice. He's a great parkmaker but just very fickle. He suddenly drops projects and restarts it all the time. He will be a parkmaker as soon as he builds something of significance. I just know it.

8. ride6
    I like his style. He's a great coaster builder and his architecture may need work but his parks are allways a joy to explore IMO.

7. NC
    He would've been higher if BGSA was still his solo but recent screens of his Busch Gardens Europe disappoint me somewhat. His work is always very nice to look at and I'm glad he's on my H2H team aswell as I'd love to work with him.

6. Corkscrew
    He's an incredibly undiscovered talent who deserves a lot more credit. His LL and RCT2 work is simply incredible and his rctX mini will be a real treat for you guys!

5. Six Frags
    He is a master when it comes to details and his architectural skills are better than most around. I can see a great future for this guy.

4. Voodoo
    He is truly an incredible parkmaker. He just needs to finish something first before he is considered IMO. As soon as URE is finished, I'm sure he'll be parkmaker.

AND MY TOP THREE:

3. Kumba
    I love the look of his upcoming PT entry and BP looks to be an amazing park. Why this guy is not already a parkmaker is beyond me.

2. Jkay
    Most will agree with me on this. He is an incredible parkmaker who is an expert with quarter tile themeing and details down to every last quarter block. His Thrillzone park will be a runner-up. It is really incredible.

AND FINALLY:

1. leighx
    His recent mini-park may have caused some controversy at rctX but it literally took my breath away. He is the best RCT2 parkmaker around and I think he is incredible. No one uses quarter-tile scenery as well as this guy. He should be parkmaker now!

Other Mentions:

Panoramical: Fastly improving parkmaker who is starting to find a great style.
    Splash-0: I'm currently working with him on an rctX project and his work is great.
    loopy: He's great with both games and his new solo may not be original but it is beautiful.

Thankyou for your time. :D
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Micool's overrated. Badly.

1. Kai
    2. Kumba
    3. Phatage
    4. Junyaboy
    5. Sunfork
    6. John
    7. other jon, the DLP recreation one, whatever his SN is here
    8. Turtleman
    9. The korean dude who built that sick city
    10. rwadams
    11. RCTNW

Ya. That's it. The end. :birthday2:
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    1. Turtle - His new park is just incredibly beautiful.

2. Turtleman - the best LL non-parkmaker really. As long as he finishes TDF.

3. Micool - he's so productive and I really like his crazy style. I think he deserves it more than anyone.

4. Titan - awesome coaster designer - Neptune's fury was amazing, and the rest of his stuff is very handy as well. Needs to concentrate on a solo rather than a group park imo.

5. Phatage - I absolutely detest the architecture in SFWoE. Everything else was really awesome. Needs to let his skills go free from his own restrictions I think.

6. Voodoo - the little I've seen from him is very nice. As soon as he releases something, he'll have to be seriously considered.

7. Nemesis Chris - with his new screen, finally has some uniqueness to his building.

8. John - I think he seems set on finishing his new project. Given that, he will like voodoo be in with a good chance if it gets finished. We all know he has the ability.

9. TPM - haven't seen him around lately... but he has a really good ability to make all his parks work well with his landscapes, they just seem so real.

10. Slob - to be honest, his attempt at an NE Design wasn't as good as it should have been... we can only hope for better things in the Pro Tour. I think he'll deliver...

11. Kumba - very productive, something a lot of others miss, and his new stuff seems to be a turn for the better, ie, more colour and unique ideas and hacks.

12. Alec/AK - given parkmaker once... if he finishes another megapark, I think he could surprise a lot of people.

13. Gymkid Dude - has the most unique ideas and knows his 8 cars. Sometimes his stuff looks slightly messy, but in terms of originality I think is right up there.

14. Marshy - please, please, finish something. Perhaps doesn't plan his stuff enough, but with his ability should really be challenging.

15. SunFork - I really like his way of building, I think he could had impacted the pro tour had he entered a qualifying round or two.

16. Kraken - like many others, has the ability, just needs to finish something.

17. Tyandor - everyone just seems to pay little attention to his stuff and I'm not sure why. I think his style is different from a lot of parkmakers here, but personally it really appeals to me.

18. Gir - his newest screens look really good. I think he's set to shock a few people pro touring.

19. Blitz-sama - personally I've never seen a screen by him. Ever. Or a park. But this is purely because everyone else seems to think he's amazing and very creative, and I trust you guys ;)

20. Junya-Boy - hacks in GoD were amazing, especially the butterfly loop. He still has the same problem with monotonous architecture though.

21. Darkfire - very inventive, the Falcon pro tour entry was a nice idea, bravely executed.

22. Adix - Don't know why no-ones mentioned him... is there something I don't know or something? Anyway his park looks damned good.

23. CoasterWizard - I really like Banana Republic, especially the mine ride across the waterfalls, he pulled it off very well. I don't know if it will ever get finished, shame if it doesn't really.

24. SixFrags - very productive I guess. Pretty average stuff, but there's a lot of it and he's still improving a lot.

25. JKay - colours and architectural ideas are very nice. I think his landscaping and foliage skills are yet to develop, and he needs to start releasing all those park's he's got on the go.

Peeps that I didn't include and why:
    Metro's coasters are very nice, but I'm not convinced of his architecture. Although I think it looks much better in game, so I'll wait until he releases Soul Calibur (for real please ;)) before I properly get an idea of his abilities. Supertrooper has some nice ideas, but his style doesn't appeal to me. LeighX still has a long way to develop, still improving loads, he's probably nearest to those above for me, ride6 just rushes his parks. His architecture doesn't give off that look that it's been lovingly created or anything, and some of his coasters are shabby, ie, not that smooth and go along the ground supportless in places. Although his duelling woodies were very nice. RWAdams is one of the best architecturally but unfortunately this is roller coaster tycoon and in terms of building parks he just falls short in a lot of areas for me. Kai's drawback for me is that he's been around for so long, I can't see him improving that much more... although he may prove me wrong. Austin Powers is ok... but apart from The Rock, just ok. What I like about Drew is that he builds theme parks, but he's quite improven as it stands. DarkJanus seems to produce decent enough stuff, but falls into the same category as AP for me. Steve is another up and coming guy, if he carries on improving and stops using spanish roofs in every section of every park might go somewhere in the future. And of course me because that would be arrogant.
  • jon%s's Photo

7. other jon, the DLP recreation one, whatever his SN is here

He's active here now as Cygnet. I'm jon. no one else.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    1.Darkfire- Number 1 because 2050AD was incredible, Falcon was awe-inspiring and very graceful. He's done some incredible work, why he is not on any of your lists I will never know.
    2.Turtleman- His latest park looks amazing, but he's at number two because I'm going to wait for the finnished product before I judge him.
    3.Kumba- Pro Tour screen looks great, although I'm not sure about those colours. Again, waiting for the release before I pass a final judgement.
  • posix%s's Photo
    If anyone deserves most to become parkmaker then Phatage in my opinion. Would be really someone NE can be proud of.
    Other work I like alot lately comes from darkfire, Six Frags, Drew and SFAW Fan.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]If anyone deserves most to become parkmaker then Phatage in my opinion. Would be really someone NE can be proud of.
    Other work I like alot lately comes from darkfire, Six Frags, Drew and SFAW Fan.[/font]

*coughs incredibly loud*

hehe

I like Turtleman, Turtle, and anyone else with an amphibian name.
  • artist%s's Photo
    Hmm well my top 5 would be.

Voodoo
    Im loving his new solo(unnamed) and the screen he showed of his URE solo is absolutly beautiful. His ideas never seem to run out and is always a great inspiration.
    Turtleman
    I have always loved this dudes work, but his new screens of TDF have blown me away. Keep it going man and you will be #1 soon.
    Gymkid
    Most creative guy ever, his screen of his PT is great, i love the way he can make his own theme and go a bit wild.
    Slob
    Well i have always liked Slob`s work even though lately he hasnt done much Rct work i think he will always remain on my list untill he gets made parkmaker.
    Turtle
    As deano said his new solo is absolutly beautiful.

Also Leighx,john,phatage,junya and deano.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    Well for me....

Phatage
    Turtleman
    JKay
    NemesisChris
    Voodoo
    Turtle

And other ones... i'll edit later i cant be bothered at the moment.
  • jon%s's Photo
    What is the fuss about the Phatage. Unfriendly Invader was amazing but SFWoE was a horrible runner-up IMO. The architecture sucked and it was only the coasters that were decent.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    i think it's just that phatage is so different. thanks for mentioning me btw jon :)
  • GuestPoseidon%s's Photo
    Honestly, my top list is quite different.....

1: Nemesis Chris
    2: slob
    3: gymkid dude
    4: turtleman
    5: blitz
    6: Micool
    7: freak
    8: Kai
    9: Voodoo
    10: Kumba
  • jon%s's Photo

i think it's just that phatage is so different. thanks for mentioning me btw jon :)

He still shouldn't be #1 IMO. I mentioned you because I think you're improving quickly but you just need to finish something (so do I actually!). People never comment on how much you've improved but I've noticed it and like it.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    1.Voodoo
    2.Nemesis Chris
    3.John
    4.slob
    5.Turtleman
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    1. Phatage
    2. Kumba
    3. supertrooper

Others are good, it is just that those 3 are very productive and their style is very developed.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading