RCT Discussion / New Parkmakers. What do you think?

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo

SFWoE was a horrible runner-up IMO. The architecture sucked and it was only the coasters that were decent.

Coming from somebody who said that Fantastic Wonders was NE's worst runner-up, I take that as a compliment. Thank you.

[applauds]
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Lol. thorpedo is BACK, bitches.
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    yay!
  • Steve%s's Photo

You made the right choice.
  • yyo%s's Photo

Sleeper, if iris ever notices him:
    Tyandor

Too bad his park is TT. Its really very good.

I think he changed it by removing the object, I don't know.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    lol i think iris should add thorpedo on the list, but not sunfork.
  • Blitz%s's Photo

19. Blitz-sama - personally I've never seen a screen by him. Ever. Or a park. But this is purely because everyone else seems to think he's amazing and very creative, and I trust you guys ;)

that's because I make it a point never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever release a screen.
    =)

like always, look at florencia valley in the group parks section.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

I still don't like you.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo

I still don't like you.

HAHAHA!.......

I didn't do it for you.
  • StarKnife%s's Photo
    lmao @ moonspoon
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    There really are so many people coming up at the moment, so i'll only put down those who have really impressed me personally. There's no particular order, and i'm sorry if i miss anyone.

- voodoo - simply has to be made a parkmaker, no question about it.
    - Nemesis Chris - there's no doubt he has the skills, and he works at an incredible pace. I'd like to see some original ideas though...
    - gymkid dude - I don't think he'll ever be made a parkmaker, which is a shame. People seem to miss what his work is all about - crazy ideas, and lots of them.
    - Turtleman - It's just beautiful, and as soon as TDF is released, he will be made a parkmaker, no doubt.
    - Dark Janus - Everything i've seen from him i've been impressed by.
    - Tyrandor - It's lovely.
    - JKay - Some staggering ideas, really well pulled off. Just needs a little planning for his parks.
    - deanosrs - His new work looks lovely, and it's amazing how much he has improved.
    - rwadams - Needs a larger stage for his work - parkmaker would suit him i think.
    - darkfire - He's very brave, builds what he wants, and usually does it very well indeed.
    - steve - I really like his style, i think he will suprise a few people if he ever releases something.
    - rctfreak2000 - People overlook him, but he's got wonderful skills.

There's quite a lot of people there, and quite a few that i left off as well. Remember this is my opinion, and it counts for nothing. ;)
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ok, I think this is gonna be a long post...

Phatage; SFWOE looked great. I like these kind of realistic parks (no, it's not totally realistic, but no rct-park can be like that), and with his pro-tour alien entry he showed he can also make a good fantasy park. The thing that I also remember, is a design he made for rcpro, sub-zero if I remember correctly. That was also very good.

Voodoo; His screens look good, but apart from that I haven't seen much finished work from him. He did a section on a rcti-map a while ago, and his rapids entry looked great. If he releases URE, he has a good chance of becoming a parkmaker I think.

Metropole; Is underrated I think. Soul Calibur is like spotlight material imo, and he has finished quite a few parks. I liked JW.. I admit there were a few bad spots, but the quality was certainly there. So if he releases SC, he stands a good chance in my books...

Slob; He hasn't shown any screens lately... but does that matter? no, I think it must be about the work you've finished, and slob has finished quite some quality work. Mount Frost sucked, I know, and it was the most rushed thing I did. Slob didn't even finished his half, so he can't be blamed for it. His section on the survival map looked great if you imagine when it was made (I think), and he deserved the win imo...
    His design didn't impress me that much, but his pro-tour entry and his dq-ed high rollers entry did.
    I would like to see a full solo from him though, with a lot of variations, so not the similar 2x2 (/2x1/1x1) like building style in his previous work. If he can do that I'll see him a parkmaker soon.

Turtleman; His survival map work didn't impress me that much, but his screens from his solo did, and inspired me to went back to ll... if he releases the park, he could become a parkmaker if it doesn't disappoint from the screens..

John; Some of his unfinished work looked really good, but also showed why he hasn't finished anything big (in size)... It seems like he starts a project, takes some screens for advertising and starts a new project.. The quality is certainly there, and I believe he has a very detailed and time consuming style, but please finish a big solo. The pro-tour hotel got him recognition, and it looked once again very detailed and beat some very tough competition. But I can imagine it took ages to build that...

Blitz-sama; His section on Florencia Valley looked fantasmic! But other than that, I didn't see much else from him... I'm glad to have him on my H2H team, and looking forward to the Ed-Sama collaboration! Maybe after that, he can prove why he deserves to be a parkmaker...

Kraken/kevin; Why all the name changes? I first got to know you under twister2489 or something like that, and if I'm correct you released a north-west style park (and a vulcano-style park?)... it's too bad you didn't finish the pro-tour entry, cos you stood a good chance I think... and that you can't seem to find the motivation to finish something, and keep having breaks, and not being able to finish LXG with me... :(

Alec; I didn't see much work from you, but if madrone is finished, I'm sure you'll be close in becoming one once again.

Themeparkmaster; The high-rollers entry had a great atmosphere and the h2h parks were good also, as well as the burning secret.. I would like to see some new work though...

Micool; Also a bit underrated lately... He finished a lot of things recently, with his pro-tour entries that were close to the win each time imo, and finally getting in after convincing iris of his quality... I'm sure you'll surprise ppl in the Tour... not to forget the great Invitation he did.

supertrooper; Finally seems to get the recognition he deserves. He finished a lot of things, with recent highlight, the VP of March win. Before that he got a runner-up with Big Top, and in between them he also did a park, Shorelake, that also deserved to be VP, but didn't ( :@ )... I'm sure he'll do great in H2H in iris' team.

leighx; With the release of his recent mini-park, he shows he has major skills. He also did 2 pro-tour entries if I remember correctly, but those didn't impress me that much as his recent mini... If he releases a solo of the same quality as his recent mini, he stands a good chance...

ride6; With his last 2 runners-up and the pro-tour qualification he impressed a lot... The only thing I don't like is the cockiness shit he talks about that he is underrated and shit... just release quality parks and you don't need to do that... just look at mala (no, no comparison ;) ).

Marshy; Please finish something... I also hope to see a full solo where you show your own style, and not adapt to someone else you're doing the joint with... the work you have finished looked good though, and the new joint with voodoo seems to be turning out great... just finish a full solo park...

nemesis chris; The advertising of BGSA impressed me more than the Bush Gardens Europe park that isn't themed to Europe ;) . He also showed his skills in his pro-tour mine train entry. Just try to finish parks and don't abandon them... it's just a waste of time and effort imo..

Titan; His section on the recent Tiumba island imo showed skill, as well as his pro-tour entry. If he can make a whole park like that, he can get a lot of recognition... He also has done some sections on other club parks (Archicon, Wizard of Oz, and the survival work), but that didn't impress me that much...
    I heard he's doing a park with Marshy? If so, looking forward to that if it gets finished...

KaiBueno; Consistent parkmaker, that has a very interesting style... I confused his work a while ago with that of mama bears (at rct2.com), but I thought it was very interesting... as a club-leader of one of the best rct clubs around he works with some very good parkmakers, and with recent runner-ups, containing also kai's work, he seems to be very successful both as parkmaker and club-leader...

RWAdams; always underrated imo... His huge solo that became VP-runner showed that he can produce a lot of quality work... his landscaping wasn't top-notch, but the architecture made up for that... In his pro-tour entry he showed his architecture skills once again in an amazing hotel, and other pro-tour entries that finally lead to the win in the movie round.. apart from that he produced a lot more quality work... He is able to impress a lot of ppl with his solo (is it almost finished?), and his final PT entry.

d4rkj4nu5; Didn't finish much, but his recent rct2.com contest entry impressed me a lot and finally beat mine. It's amazing what he did with that workbench, that was hard to build with... He can show his skill again in metro's Soul Calibur and Antilantis as well as other rcti-club work (his IW entrance pic looked great too). I'm also glad to have him in my h2h team. I can see a little cBass in him...

Junya Boy; got a couple runner-ups that looked good when they were released... His new park advertised could impress a lot of people...

Kumba; VERY productive and if he could variate his architecture style a bit more, he can get a lot of recognition. BP is a step in the right direction of what I saw, and with h2h coming up I'm glad I'm in his team... It cost him a lot of time and effort to get in the pro-tour I think, and he's like addicted to the runner-up section... Just keep it up Kumba, it's only a matter of time I think.

AustinPowers; With Roman Epic he shows he's not only a good club leader, but also a good parkmaker. With a couple of guest spots and a great theme, this park could turn out to be something unique. He also showed his skills in the movie round of the pro-tour and in his recent design, Snowline...

darkfire; Natelox seems to be a big fan of darkfire, and i can see why... His pro-tour entries where fab, and deserved him a spot in the final Tour, where he can show off his unique style.

Mike Robbins; I loved Asian Adventures, and it's a shame that didn't get him the recognition it deserved... apart from that he released A LOT of parks... he is like a legend, and maybe with upcoming projects and the masters projects he is involved in he can become a parkmaker someday... if someone notices it..

Deano; I always liked the style you have, and you seem to be motivated in becoming a parkmaker...
    I thought you deserved to be in the pro-tour with all the entries you submitted, and especially the 1st hotel looked amazing imo... the recent released unfinished park and port dolphin park showed you have skill, but somehow you don't get the recognition... maybe because of the comments a while ago? I dunno, but keep it up and just build parks because of the fun... you have the style..

JKay; A very detailed and time consuming style it seems, but if you can keep that up, you can convince a lot of people of your unique style... I'm looking forward to the release of Thrillzone, Frontier Oasis (cool logo btw ;) ) and the hotel. That should give you a lot recognition...

Freak; Having released a couple runner-ups, and some other ll work, he showed he has style... maybe develop this a bit further?

Penguin Bob; Seems to be overlooked a lot. His recent solo shows skill, as well as your #2 pro-tour entry in the video game round. That was very innovative. All the rcti-stuff you did was/is great (IWV, WoO)... just keep that up..

RCTNW; I have always been a fan of his style. It's unique and realistic, something I like very much... I always love to see those big hotels in your parks, combined with an outside of the park, and the park itself... He is also very productive with a couple masters projects going and his NASCAR solo becoming a collaboration with rwadams. The advertising of that park is looking great and I can't wait for the release.. I've never seen a theme like that and it can turn out to be one of my favourite parks to date...

I probably forgot a lot more people who could be a future parkmaker, but I don't have the time for it...
    It's just my opinion..
    (longest post I've ever typed)

SF
  • jon%s's Photo

I'm looking forward to the release of Thrillzone, Frontier Oasis (cool logo btw ;) ) and the hotel. That should give you a lot recognition...

:D
    Oh and Phatage, your welcome!
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Ok, time for some big headed shit. I dont get how people can say Im not deserving, or they want to see more work, im not asking for a place with this post, but I feel unbelieveably over looked. How can people say they want more work from me when I've already produced two parks from PT, matter of fact I was the first to get an entry in, and from my entry I've gone straight into a new park which is coming along faster than any park I've ever made before. Not only that, but I've been working on millions of parks over the last year, parks that other people have started and asked me to make a guest appearance in. If Every park that I had built something in was released then just about every up-and-coming RCT2 spotlight would have something from me in it. A major reason for my so called inactivity is because people ask me to do work in their park and never finish it. I also submitted a Nemesis Inferno Rec to Iris for a weekly design which never made it.

But it REALY pisses me off is when people say that they would like to see more work from me, yet have no problem what so ever with giving the spot to slob or John etc, when I have actually produced more work than either of them. What most people dont realise too is that I've been round since the beggining of RCT2, Im one of the RCT2 pioneers, along with SAC to some extent. If you look at alot of peoples work in RCT2, then trace it back to their roots, they would have worked on a park with me and picked up little things from me. I've done alot of pioneering things in RCT2 since its begginings, stuff that people seem to forget about. I was actually one of the first people over at the station to release a full 256 map, it was called Flixtons Haven and I released it under the name Filaldo, I was also the first person to successfully merge a coaster in RCT2, remember Jurrasic Park in the first version of URE? I took the whole scale of the game to another level with my Neptunes Fury rapids ride. Its never really botherd me that people have picked up on my style, but I get totaly pissed off when people start takeing credit for it.

Iris says im better at John in both theming and coasters, yet he still placed me lower than him? Does that not tell you that the game is heading in the wrong dirrection? People seem to think that architecture is the most important thing in parks these days, when infact, its proberly the most insignificant. IMO, coasters, ideas, park shape and theming are the most important things, in that order.

Onto my next rant, how the fuck is micool not a parkmaker? Seriously this guy went through a month of releasing, was it 5 parks? I've never actually seen his work, but from the screens it looks great. His NE Invitational looked like some hot shit.

I dont mean to start trouble with anybody because I have alot of respect for the rest of the guys 'on the radar' like John etc but I cant help but feel overlooked. Im not beggin for the position, matter of fact I could care less if I got it or not, I just want a bit of respect by the majority who seem to think Im just another 'blip'.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

But it REALY pisses me off is when people say that they would like to see more work from me,

A major reason for my so called inactivity is because people ask me to do work in their park and never finish it.

Then don't do it, and put the time/effort in a project that does get released...
    btw, I also said I didn't see much from you, but I'm sure you've finished much through the ages, but I simply haven't seen it. I did saw that solo though, Voodoo Mines or something... I just wasn't around in those days I guess...

SF
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    micool
    voodoo
    ak

only 3 worthy
  • Janus%s's Photo

Iris says im better at John in both theming and coasters, yet he still placed me lower than him? Does that not tell you that the game is heading in the wrong dirrection? People seem to think that architecture is the most important thing in parks these days, when infact, its proberly the most insignificant. IMO, coasters, ideas, park shape and theming are the most important things, in that order.

Too bad your opinions on parkmaking aren't shared by everyone then.
    You can't just except the whole RCT parkmaking community to abide by your, one person's, opinion.

I agree with SF, it's not about what you build, but what is released.

And please explain how your PT rapids entry "...took the whole scale of
    the game to another level..."
    Stop taking yourself so seriously, really.
  • Scarface%s's Photo

micool
    voodoo
    ak

only 3 worthy

and turtleman
  • iris%s's Photo

Ok, time for some big headed shit. I dont get how people can say Im not deserving, or they want to see more work, im not asking for a place with this post, but I feel unbelieveably over looked. How can people say they want more work from me when I've already produced two parks from PT, matter of fact I was the first to get an entry in, and from my entry I've gone straight into a new park which is coming along faster than any park I've ever made before. Not only that, but I've been working on millions of parks over the last year, parks that other people have started and asked me to make a guest appearance in. If Every park that I had built something in was released then just about every up-and-coming RCT2 spotlight would have something from me in it. A major reason for my so called inactivity is because people ask me to do work in their park and never finish it. I also submitted a Nemesis Inferno Rec to Iris for a weekly design which never made it.

But it REALY pisses me off is when people say that they would like to see more work from me, yet have no problem what so ever with giving the spot to slob or John etc, when I have actually produced more work than either of them. What most people dont realise too is that I've been round since the beggining of RCT2, Im one of the RCT2 pioneers, along with SAC to some extent. If you look at alot of peoples work in RCT2, then trace it back to their roots, they would have worked on a park with me and picked up little things from me. I've done alot of pioneering things in RCT2 since its begginings, stuff that people seem to forget about. I was actually one of the first people over at the station to release a full 256 map, it was called Flixtons Haven and I released it under the name Filaldo, I was also the first person to successfully merge a coaster in RCT2, remember Jurrasic Park in the first version of URE? I took the whole scale of the game to another level with my Neptunes Fury rapids ride. Its never really botherd me that people have picked up on my style, but I get totaly pissed off when people start takeing credit for it.

Onto my next rant, how the fuck is micool not a parkmaker? Seriously this guy went through a month of releasing, was it 5 parks? I've never actually seen his work, but from the screens it looks great. His NE Invitational looked like some hot shit.

I dont mean to start trouble with anybody because I have alot of respect for the rest of the guys 'on the radar' like John etc but I cant help but feel overlooked. Im not beggin for the position, matter of fact I could care less if I got it or not, I just want a bit of respect by the majority who seem to think Im just another 'blip'.

You ever think maybe the stuff you HAVE sent me hasn't impressed me as much as I thought it would?
    Honestly it doesn't matter who is placed higher between you, John, and slob, because none of you three are even close to a Parkmaker spot right now. You're PT entry I've only given a brief lookover, so I'm not going to comment on that until the judging.

You've restarted your solo project more times then I can count, which proves to me that you'd be an unreliable, inactive parkmaker. You're still yet to finish a full park at New Element, regardless of how fast you're working on this park with Marshy...because I don't see you finishing it. And even if you do...it wouldn't necessarily warrant you a Parkmaker spot, because it would be just as much Marshy's credit as yours. Make a solo park if you really want the spot. A 'groundbreaking solo park that expands the games boundries' or whatever you said.
    I said you're a better themer and coaster maker then John. You're also a more generic parkmaker then he is. His stuff I can pick out of a crowd, you're stuff could be confused with Kevin/Kraken, slob, obviously Marshy, etc. Why should I pick a parkmaker that does the same thing as everyone else? You have the talent, probably moreso then John or slob, but that still doesn't mean you're using your talents.

Your park with Marshy looks pretty cool....but I highly doubt that will get you a Parkmaker Spot if that's all you're after. It looks just like every other RCT2 screen, maybe a tad bit 'prettier', but how do I know that's not because of Marshy?
    The parkmakers ahead of you on my List are ahead of you for a reason. Phatage completed an amazing full park, and has proven to be one of the most creative parkmakers here...and he'll most likely be the next Parkmaker chosen. Turtleman is easily the best LL non-parkmaker at the moment, just waiting for him to finish a park.

You'll never be a parkmaker until you have a park to call your own....and you can't call a duo park YOUR own.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Roger - we want South Beach and we want it now! :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading