News / NE's Club Grudge

• iris%s's Photo
    1---Completion of The Pro Tour
    2---Head2Head3
    3---NE's Club Grudge

So what is NE's Club Grudge? It's an all-new contest thought up by myself and Raven-SDI that will be the next on the 'things to do' list, following the completion of Head2Head3. It's actually very simple, but it finally gives us a chance to see just who is the best RCT club at New Element. Unfortunately, this contest will be excluding all those parkmakers that are not in clubs, but we have plenty of contests for them as well...we're trying to give everyone a chance in our contests.
    Basically...here's the deal. All the clubs around New Element will pick their five best parkmakers (as picked by the captain) to complete a group park in a span of three or four months...haven't picked out the time yet. There can be no more then five parkmakers on a map, so if you're in a large club, you're going to have to try to pick the best of the best to defend your club name. The parks will then be judged by an anonymous group of 25 judges....yes 25 judges, who will have secret access to the ballot and will be judging on the parks anonymously...meaning they won't know who judged what. So basically, you don't know who's being judged, and they don't know what they're judging. Anyways, the winner of this contest will be crowned as the hands down Best RCT Club, recieve their own forum at New Element, special custom privelages on the forums, and more.

So, captains....start gathering your troops.
    The first step to sign-ups will be the captain putting their team name down on the active list...meaning they will have a team competing the Club Grudge. Then, you have up to a month to choose your five man team. You may select five people from your park (including the captain if necessary), and then you may pick two reserves in case one of your five drop out. If your club has less then five people....better start recruiting ;). No unfair recruiting will be allowed. For instance, if a club just happens to pick up Mala or Ed or something, then I'll realize it's only for the sake of this contest, and they will be disqualified. Not to say that they can't ever join clubs, but it's just an obvious ploy to win this contest. Win it with your own roster, if you're good enough.
    Now let the complete melee style grudge match begin....I sense some war-like tactics between these clubs in the upcoming months. Should be good times for all of us watching at home ;).

So, which captains/clubs are in?
  • coolioneodawg2003%s's Photo
    sounds cool, but how do u get into 'clubs?'
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

[font="Geneva"]Xx SDI xX[/font]

I will be captaining.
    Count us in.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Steve%s's Photo
    C'mon AP, lets get with it, here. ;)
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I'm starting a club, come on kids.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    club spoon =P.

can i be in that?
  • artist%s's Photo
    RCTU all the way.

Lets do it gymie.
  • Adix%s's Photo
    I'd join Club Spoon...

FUCK YEAH I WOULD
  • jon%s's Photo
    Cool idea. Come on MM. Sign us up..
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Oh. I'll be the rctu cheerleader :scarface:
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    Hell yea.

rctX: IN
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    I'll start out by saying that this is not an all-new contest...this is almost exactly like the King of Clubs idea that Bigfoot came up with over at the Station. It didn't work back then and hasn't worked the many other times it has been suggested and I don't think it will work this time. First of all, clubs are not meant to compete with each other. If anything they should make a collabo park. Second, you say that the club leader has to pick his five best members to compete...this in itself can cause problems, with members disagreeing and feeling slighted if they are not chosen...this might not be a big deal to anyone else, but as a club leader, I prefer my members to be happy. Thirdly, there is the time restraint...being in a club means building club parks...my club for one has plans to finish up some older parks this summer, this won't happen if something like this were to take place. Finally, you can't prove the best club by making one park with only five of the members. Clubs are like teams...a team can't be judged just by a couple of its members...so this would not prove anything...Plus, you make it sound like the clubs hate each other, which is untrue...all the clubs like/respect the other clubs and I think that is a good thing, there is no reason to try to disrupt it.

Anyway, that has always been my thinking on this issue...all the way back to the King of Clubs idea. I was not the only club leader who felt this way either.
  • jon%s's Photo

Hell yea.

rctX: IN

w00t!
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    For the most part, I agree with you AP. But mind you, the only reason King of Clubs never went through, was because Kai wouldn't let the Masters compete.

Again, choosing five members, why not let the club decide? Thats what I'm doing. Being a club owner doesn't mean your a dictator, you can still run things democraticly.

Finishing a park? Dude you have 3-4 months. You guys yourselves roll out a park every month or so. Pro tour you only had a month and a half for a solo. I actually think its to long of a time frame.

No, everyone gets along with each others clubs, we respect them for what they do, but can you honestly tell me you dont' have bitter feelings towards certain members of a club?

It could work. As long as clubs aren't to afraid to sign up.....
  • iris%s's Photo
    I actually disagree with just about everything you said. Other sites have also tried to have gigantic full scale contests but they never panned out....yet we managed to pull off Hi-Rollers and Pro Tour. Two Stars and Two Flags tried to do Parkmakers but that never panned out...yet we managed to have a large group of Parkmakers. There is no rule saying that groups can't compete against each other. Competition brings out the best in people, so why not try and push your club? In all honesty, it just sounds like you don't want your club to lose. I realize that picking the best five people is a tough decision, but really if you're club members are mature at all, then they shouldn't be offended. I could easily pick the best five NE Parkmakers here...and I guarentee that nobody would get their 'feelings hurt'. As for having other projects, that's your perrogative. But like almost every other club park that gets released and forgotten, this would present a pretty big opportunity to get your park out there.

And tell me why taking the best parkmakers and putting them together wouldn't prove the best club? If one club has better parkmakers that can provide a better park, then they are simply better in all definitions of the word. Sure there will never be a concrete way to technically define a better club, but this is pretty damn close. The Pistons beat the Lakers....does that prove they are a better team? Depends on how you look at it. Same goes for this contest. And I think it's obvious that there is a lot of dissention between various clubs. You don't think that people going from club to club caused some drama?

And so far, every other captain seems pretty enthusiastic. Don't know what your so scared about.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo

Again, choosing five members, why not let the club decide?  Thats what I'm doing.  Being a club owner doesn't mean your a dictator, you can still run things democraticly.

Well I would, thats what was decided the last time we were signed up to do this....

can you honestly tell me you dont' have bitter feelings towards certain members of a club?

Yes I can. I'm not a bitter person...I get upset from time to time but it blows over quickly....

And I think it's obvious that there is a lot of dissention between various clubs. You don't think that people going from club to club caused some drama?

And so far, every other captain seems pretty enthusiastic. Don't know what your so scared about.

I'm not aware of any dissention but then I guess I don't pay attention to any of that anyway. Yes, movement causes drama..but most moves have been good for those involved.

Gym, Kai, and Mindbender haven't checked in yet but if all 3 are game, we are too. We aren't scared...not sure why you are saying that...other than to create peer pressure...and get me mad... :w00t:

But like I said, get all three of those above in it and RCTI will be there
  • Highball%s's Photo
    ^

Aw, come on, boss. I wanna play this game.

I'm sure we could win. ;)
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    Ya, I don't see why it matters if other clubs join.. gives us a better chance. :)

Plus, it's all for fun anyways.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

I could easily pick the best five NE Parkmakers here...and I guarentee that nobody would get their 'feelings hurt'.

Yeah, cuz I'd be in it and--wait, I'm not in the top 5?? :@ :@ :@ You SUCK Iris! I hate you!!! I'm never going to come back again!!!

*quits NE*
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

^^^ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

Rave
    §

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading