News / Quest For The Best: Extreme Version

• iris%s's Photo
    Ok, the first thing people need to understand is....this new idea will be extremely time consuming and people will need to devote lots of time and energy into this project. If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea...click the back button on your browser. If you're still reading, get ready to make lots of money for a win, and a very fun and unique contest.

Lots of time = Lots of money.

Now, here's the idea:
    Remember the Quest for the Best? When we pitted parkmakers against each other in a large bracket, and had people vote for who was the better parkmaker? Well, that was cool and all, but how about we take it to the next step. We make people earn their way into the next round. That's right, every round people will have to compete one on one with another parkmaker in order to advance to the next round in the "big dance". The challenges won't be big ones up until the final....more like PT qualifying-type challenges. Make the best hotel, make the best water ride, best adventure ride, etc. Then, I will either set up an anonymous voting system, or assign a panel of 30 judges to judge each round. You will have two weeks for each challenge, and there will be breaks. You will not be parkmaking non-stop, you will have plenty of time if you keep a steady pace. There will be unbelivable upsets and favorites, and I will most likely even set up betting odds for those not competing.

Next, I will be splitting the brackett into RCT2 and LL. The left side of the bracket will be LL, the right side RCT2. That way the two games wouldnt have to compete up until the grand finale.

Now....I really love this idea. It's one of a kind, and would provide non-stop updates and continuous excitement for NE, something we need. Just look what the Pro Tour has done for the site. This would be the next step, we are always looking to push the boundaries of contests at New Element. Now, since I love this idea so much....I would probably want to do this before Head2Head-3. As cool as H2H is, I think having brand new, one of a kind ideas at NE all the time keeps the site fun and exciting.

So....who's with me on this one?
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    Yea ok, that sounds interesting. Is it just with parkmakers or what? Sounds interesting, and like you said, time-consuming. But it'll be worth it, on of the true ways to see who comes out on top.
  • Steve%s's Photo

So....who's with me on this one?

Me.

Sounds fucking awesome. :D
  • Highball%s's Photo
    I wasn't around for the original QftB, so I wanna know if only parkmakers can enter. I'd like to give it a shot, but if it's only parkmakers I'm screwed.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    Sounds like a cool contest...sadly I won't have the time to participate...this time.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    This sounds awesome. I would love to take part in this, if non-parkmakers are allowed.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Sign me up!
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I think I have seen stuff kinda like this at RCTCompo (Challange Simon, where Metro kicked his ass) and a few old ones at Station. But its still an awsome idea, id love to do this, if this is like a sign up or something put me down :)

Plus it would give us alot more time to plan in H2H3.
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    LL.

And I aint gonna get last ;).
  • Highball%s's Photo
    Mad Dawg's in. RCT2

I might suprise ya'll yet. ;)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    RCT2
  • Steve%s's Photo
    RCT2 for me, of course. :)
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    RCT2, please
  • Highball%s's Photo

RCT2 for me, of course. :)

I'm gonna kick your ass, buddy. :yup:
  • iwillkillu999%s's Photo
    I'm going try this one. I will get last though....
  • Phatage%s's Photo

Anyone can enter, not parkmakers.

Not sure if I read that correctly, but I would like to do it if I can. I'm not sure if I like that one has to choose 1 game and stay with it, so I don't want to choose. I'll do it, put me down for whatever one you want.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Anyone can enter, not parkmakers.

1.natelox

1.Toon

???
  • Toon%s's Photo
    *not just parkmakers...I'm sure
  • Alec%s's Photo
    I will be entered.
  • CaptnPineapple%s's Photo
    I'd love to judge if you need some. But if you pick them yourself, then never mind. :D

Anyway, sounds like a great idea... maybe the next one (if there is one) if I gain some skills I'd join :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading