News / Official NE Parkmaker Order

• Kumba%s's Photo

I'm glad to see (I think) about 4 RCTI club members on that list you got there.

Not 4, 7!
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I'm suprised to have come so high, i honestly think that Alec and Kumba, as well as some of the others like TPM and Blitz are better than me overall. I would have placed myself around 40th.

On the other hand, thanks. Nice to be noticed...

I would have liked to have seen Leighx's name on there, as well as RCTNW and rctfreak2000, but hey, it's your list.
  • artist%s's Photo
    Great list but omg Leighx needs to be on there.

Imo he has some brilliant talents and is very active, i know this is a little harsh but i think he deserves to be on that list instead of AP or supertrooper, dont take that as offence guys because you are great i just think leigh is better.

Anyways its not my decision.

Thanks for the list Iris, good to see NE being updated with fun stuff like this.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    You can say LeighX should be on there, but really, what has he released other than some screenshots. It's tough to judge things like coaster skills, versatility, etc., without having seen more work. I actually felt LeighX's first LOTR work was better than his second, which makes me wonder about where he's taking his talent. If his QFTB stuff is high quality, it could definitely affect his ranking in future updates to this list.

Oh well, I actually enjoyed the list. My favourite category was the likelihood of producing the next great park one. It should what Iris thinks each parkmaker's ceiling is right now, and also how he feels about there ability as a whole rather than broken down into categories.
  • Leighx%s's Photo
    ^^Your right to a certain extenet but,
    I wont name names but there are afew people on there that havnt realsed an allful lot but there you go, i know it was small but i have reasled " A life on mars " perhaps that wasnt up to standard, and it is fairly old now.
    It does bother me a little yes but thats the way things are but hopefully i can prove differently in my QFTB entry.
    Anyway its not up to me its Iris list.
    Hopefully i can do better in the future......
    :et:
  • the_legacy%s's Photo
    Bit off topic, but since I am new around NE can anyone tell me is their a certain date when which Iris releases the spotlight of the month?

I am not on the list, no surprise though. Least I have some incentive to release my parks upon NE.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    There isn't a particular date.. and it isn't "..of the month". It's just whenever a good enough park comes along. So basically, there is no answer.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    No rctfreak ??

strange decision
  • supertrooper%s's Photo

Imo he has some brilliant talents and is very active, i know this is a little harsh but i think he deserves to be on that list instead of AP or supertrooper, dont take that as offence guys because you are great i just think leigh is better.

Thanks....from both of us I'm sure.

I was just happy to be included anywhere on the list. I don't build to try to get on any lists...I just build for the fun of it. If Iris likes my stuff enough to include me on his list, I'm sure as hell not gonna complain about my ranking.

And to be honest...I don't pay attention to most parks/parkmakers (aside from those in RCTI). Sure, I am aware that mala and mantis are unbelievably talented...and I know of cbass's and meretrix's work...but aside from that, who built what is just a blur to me. It's not that I don't care, but...well...yeah, maybe it is that I don't care.I have downloaded some great parks that I have no clue who built them after I view them....I just don't retain that knowledge.

So, I don't have any suggestions on who should be ranked higher or lower....because I just don't know.

supertrooper
  • deanosrs%s's Photo

Thanks....from both of us I'm sure.

What's this, he's not allowed an opinion now?

I completely agree with NC, I think AP's pro tour was very good, but his solo work just bores me, it makes some quite basic "errors" imo, and supertrooper's architectural style looks dodgy to me, although it works in teletopia. This is my opinion, if you respect me enough to want to know why I think that let me know and I'll type it all out.

As for leigh... I think he's talented, but nevertheless a little overrated in the community as a whole. I just think A Life on Mars was a bit crowded, and apart from that all we've got is screens. But I will say that if he finishes that LoTR park to the standard it is atm, he will fly up in productivity and probably everything else that is waiting to be proven.

As for me, I'm taking a kind of rct break again, I'll play again for sure, and qftb entries will still be coming in from me. I just need to threshen up.
  • Highball%s's Photo

July 17, 2005. That's when I release all three parks. The date is Disneyland's 50th Birthday for those who didn't know.

Bad idea...... A year in RCT terms is very long and can make even the very best parks look outdated. You don't want to wait a full year to release these. Do them as soon as you can, but without rushing it.

Not to be offensive, Mike, but I could really care a less if my park looks dated to the community. I'm building the park for me, so as long as I am happy with it I would hope others would be too.

Plus, I've already been working on it for a year. :lol:
  • Panoramical%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]i personally don't like the idea because it creates even more hierachy. but you know me...[/font]

you generally are paranoid about this sorta thing.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    Thanks for the mention iris. But my upcoming work isn't Babylon, lol, that has been done for awhile...it was a runner-up too :lol: ...my current upcoming work is Roman Epic.
  • Highball%s's Photo
    So... let's keep this thing going to #75 shall we? :p
  • iBrent%s's Photo

Yeah, but see, I've been building in the community since early 2000, so I feel like I'm not getting anywhere.

Is that why you started playing the game, to make someone's list. Someone's list where, being on it or not, it doesn't make you famous outside of some 100 people or so and doesn't give you money somehow/way?

I seriously doubt it. So why care.
  • John%s's Photo
    Words of wisdom from our resident RCT guru.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

Yeah, but see, I've been building in the community since early 2000, so I feel like I'm not getting anywhere.

You wrote this in the "NE needs new parkmakers" thread:

My post may sound a bit silly, but how long one has been in the community is irrelivant.

• Toon%s's Photo

Is that why you started playing the game, to make someone's list. Someone's list where, being on it or not, it doesn't make you famous outside of some 100 people or so and doesn't give you money somehow/way?

I seriously doubt it. So why care.

I don't know about that. We like to say we play the game for ourselves, but I think most of us would just be kidding ourselves to some extent. I don't imagine any of us can say we don't enjoy getting some esteem and recognition from the community around us. Most of us here feel like the best parkmakers are at this site and with a few exceptions I've seen from other sites, I think so too. I've yet to hear of anyone saying no when offered a parkmaker spot.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    ^ but Jacko that isnt contradictory or anything in any way. He simply feels that he hasnt gotten anywhere himself, maybe as far as improvements of becoming better. He probabaly expected that time would have enabled him to become good enough to get some sort of recognition. Not be the next parkmaker. Which is probably the reason behind the post in "NE needs new parkmakers" thread.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    lol, Junya hit that one right on the nose. I'm using those two statements in two completely different ways.

What's your problem anyways? You have no life so you have to go digging through topics to try and make me look bad for no reason? What did I do to you?

HH - I agree somewhat, but when you've been playing forever like I have, I just feel like maybe I'd at least get a glance instead of about 25 new people passing me up.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading