News / Official NE Parkmaker Order

• mantis%s's Photo

What's your problem anyways?  You have no life so you have to go digging through topics to try and make me look bad for no reason?  What did I do to you?

Oooh ouch you stung him good there! (:p)
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I think your length of time in the community is irrevelant. Its your quality, productivity, and amount of park releases within community that determines your ranking, no ifs, ands or buts about it.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    You didn't even read my post did you...
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

What's your problem anyways?  You have no life so you have to go digging through topics to try and make me look bad for no reason?  What did I do to you?

Nothing. I'm not trying to make you look bad, I just remembered you saying that once, and then saying the opposite now. Maybe you meant something different, but I got the feeling you meant that since you were in the community longer, it warrants you some kind of automatic superiority, not what Junya said.

Not like I care though.. just something I noticed.
  • JKay%s's Photo

I agree somewhat, but when you've been playing forever like I have, I just feel like maybe I'd at least get a glance instead of about 25 new people passing me up.

Actually I did read your post if you were directing that comment to me....and the quoted above has no relevence IMO when it comes to a ranking system that iris created. Its like saying "If you play basketball long enough, you will make it to the NBA".
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Wow. I'm thrilled to be at #27. Especially having not released anything really decent. Always nice to know. Now I just have to get on and finish Soul Calibur.

Metro B)
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Ok, still confused. Was your original comment directed at me?

Because I'm in total agreeance with you, but I was expressing my disappointment that after 4 years of playing I couldn't make the top 50.

I never said that I deserved to be on there just for playing that long.
  • JKay%s's Photo

Ok, still confused.  Was your original comment directed at me?

Because I'm in total agreeance with you, but I was expressing my disappointment that after 4 years of playing I couldn't make the top 50.

I never said that I deserved to be on there just for playing that long.

Yes, my comments have been directed to you rctfreak2000....and expressing your dissappointment will only warrant people to think that you feel you deserved to be on the list.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up :)

And to be honest, I think I deserve to be on there, but I guess I can't expect others to agree without having seen my more recent work. Hopefully QFTB-X will help me out a bit, but I think when I show some new park screens I'll probably look better in some people's eyes.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo

I think your length of time in the community is irrevelant.  Its your quality, productivity, and amount of park releases within community that determines your ranking, no ifs, ands or buts about it.

I think your motives may be severely screwed over. If you really think that productivity and amount of park releases within a community have some effect on ones ranking you are out of it. Iris excluded the inactive for this list, true. But if you consider our entire community as a whole regardless of status, but quality [which in fact should be the only reasonable way to rank-quality of work in all aspects] then i'd say about 50% [if that few amount] of the people on that list would not even be there. Some of those that "appear" to be inactive and behind the scenes can overpower quite a few on that list IMHO.
  • Leighx%s's Photo

Ah, ok.  Thanks for clearing that up :)

And to be honest, I think I deserve to be on there, but I guess I can't expect others to agree without having seen my more recent work.  Hopefully QFTB-X will help me out a bit, but I think when I show some new park screens I'll probably look better in some people's eyes.

I think your work is really good.
  • JKay%s's Photo

If you really think that productivity and amount of park releases within a community have some effect on ones ranking you are out of it.

Then why did Iris make productivity one of the ranking factors?....I agree that the "amount" of park releases isn't really as relevent as the "quality" of a release, but still, someone who has a few full-fledged releases under their belt has a much better chance of making the list IMO....
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Deano should be higher IMO, im not gonna give names, coz i know a lot of people will dissagree, but if he would hurry up and get Port Haven out, i know he would be higher.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    I await the next ten...hopefully i'll be making an appearance soon, i've improved quite a bit imo
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo

Deano should be higher IMO, im not gonna give names, coz i know a lot of people will dissagree, but if he would hurry up and get Port Haven out, i know he would be higher.

you're right.

It's hard to say who should be lower though...there are so many frickin good people.
  • the_legacy%s's Photo
    It must be wierd for the top parkmakers, as they know they are amoung the best at something in the entire world. Out of all those people who have played rct/rct2 over the years, millions! Mala is the best. I bet he is sitting at home with a large smile on his face. Bar a few exeptions everyone at NE (parkmaker or not) are amoung the best at the game in the world. I think we can all (bar those exeptions) - you know who you are!!, can celebrate together that fact, regardless of been on iris's list or not.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Now that was a nice post!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

It must be wierd for the top parkmakers, as they know they are amoung the best at something in the entire world. Out of all those people who have played rct/rct2 over the years, millions! Mala is the best. I bet he is sitting at home with a large smile on his face. Bar a few exeptions everyone at NE (parkmaker or not) are amoung the best at the game in the world. I think we can all (bar those exeptions) - you know who you are!!, can celebrate together that fact, regardless of been on iris's list or not.

Funny, but I honestly don't think about it like that. I just work at how I can better.

Oh wait, you were talking to the best in the world? Nevermind.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    i dunno cork,i dont care what people think when i know somethings good,if its ok with me and people like it its a bonus.You gotta admit people liking something your working on makes you more productive....
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    Where did that RMM guy go? He had a couple of nice screens in the ad. District.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading