Related Games / IGN RCT 3 update

• Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Link

New pics...

Enjoy,
    Disney Freak.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Are there anymore box-track pictures? The new screens are impressive. The kids look more like midgets/dwarves/little people than kids though.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Is that like, the President, or what?
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    ^ The ex-president....
  • JKay%s's Photo
    A good read Disney Freak. The fact that coaster designs from RCT1 & RCT2 can be imported into RCT3 is the best thing I've heard yet, however I'm still not fully convinced yet that this game will have the nostalgia of the predecessors. I also didnt read anything about custom rides or scenery.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    http://www.gatemp.co...rollert3_17.jpg

Hilarious.

Awesome review, and great pics. This is definitely a winner. I get giddy just thinking about it.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    That's great how Atari managed to create people that interact with each other. I always used to think that the people in the first ones should be in groups, instead of alone and now they are.
  • tijlovic%s's Photo
    I dont like the coaster supports. They aren't connected to the coasters
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

http://www.gatemp.co...rollert3_17.jpg

Hilarious.

Awesome review, and great pics.  This is definitely a winner.  I get giddy just thinking about it.

I'm still excited about it, but the more I see of the Peeps, I wonder how the coaster/park building aspect will play out.

The screen you highlighted Corky makes me think of a possible expansion pack for The Sims "The Sims - A Walk In The Park"...between this and a love tunnel shot, I'd be convinced.

Still, looking forward to yet another version of RCT to play.

Kai :huey:
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Each update on Rct 3 has made me like this game more and more.
    I think atari should redo the guests heads entierly cause on some, if not all, it looks like a truck back over there face, give the guests some actul fingers instead of blocks, and just redo the guest to a more realistic type person.
    I like that screen Cork posted of the guests kissing cause guest interaction with each other and not just the player will add a lot of realism which I really like to see.

Giga screen from IGN(Too big or I'd post the screen instead of a link to it)
    I definetly see more degrees of banking in there on what looks to be a iffy overbank turn. I predict awsome and realistic recreations of millennium Force.
    Overall this game looks like it will be an awsome game and if custom scenery and custom rides becomes available then there will definetly be some awsome parks coming.
    Who knows, maybe there will be a Rct 3 spotlight some time soon.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    I ask everyone who makes RCT3 parks...PLEASE DON'T MAKE CUSTOM SCENERY OR CUSTOM RIDES! The loading times on RCT2 are ridiculous enough. Loading 3d sceney and rides would be worse.

I will not load any RCT3 parks if they have custom scenery. I am sick of it.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

Amen to that bro!

I really am looking foward to this game but if it comes with the ability for custom object imports I'm not d/ling anything other than (probably) spotlights.

Anyway, I'm psyched about the firework MixMaster! :D
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    What's pleasing me most about this game so far, is that the coaster building aspect looks to be virtually the same as the predecessors. Ie... elements or straight, then banked or a hill... as opposed to a smooth ride a lá Themepark World. It will keep the RCT thing going...
  • Toon%s's Photo

I ask everyone who makes RCT3 parks...PLEASE DON'T MAKE CUSTOM SCENERY OR CUSTOM RIDES! The loading times on RCT2 are ridiculous enough. Loading 3d sceney and rides would be worse.

Just because RCT2 has a terribly programmed engine, does not mean RCT3 will also. The load times may turn out not to be an issue at all in RCT3.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

I'd agree with that but I just can't build with out custom scenery, I have tried before and I didn't really like it. So unless Atari actully makes some good and useful scenery for Rct 3 then I hope custom scenery will be in Rct 3.
    What would be cool is if they gave us the Rct 1 loading times back, that would make loading up Rct 3 so much better.
  • John%s's Photo
    Those banking turns look no different than the ones in RCT2...
  • VC15SA%s's Photo

players looking to build attractive buildings using set pieces (these buildings can be huge and complex) can do so.

I find that line quite interesting.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

Those banking turns look no different than the ones in RCT2...

That's because they aren't. Frontier mentioned though they'll work on new ones... We'll probably hear more in the September update with the release of a demo. ;)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

In fact, it's similar enough that coasters built using RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 can be imported into RollerCoaster Tycoon 3! Now classic players will be able to ride their old coasters as they always wanted to thanks to the 3D engine.

That's what I like to hear.

If players aren't interested in being constrained by the scenario design, they'll also have the sandbox mode to play in. This will allow players to come into a one of the scenarios without any money, time, or objective constraints, or play on a completely blank slate to create the ultimate theme park. Those that want only to create coasters will have the coaster editor while players looking to build attractive buildings using set pieces (these buildings can be huge and complex) can do so.

Finally!

a demo that is planned for release sometime in September.

Damn. That's too soon. Must upgrade.

Hahaha! It's Ed and Blitz.
  • GuestUndisputed%s's Photo
    W00T!!! BLACK PEOPLE!!!

:scarface:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading