Related Games / IGN RCT 3 update

• Disney Freak%s's Photo
    New FAQ:

July FAQ Update

Fireworks MixMasterâ„¢

Q: Can I place Fireworks anywhere in the park?

A: Yes, you can place the fireworks on any available land by putting down a new scenery item that acts as the launch location for the fireworks. You can’t put fireworks on paths, rides or scenery.

Q: How do you build a fireworks show and set it to music?

A: We have a new designer tool called the Fireworks MixMasterâ„¢ that helps you to synchronize and assign types of fireworks to your placed launch locations and gives you a timeline on which you can trigger the firing of your pyrotechnics. The MixMaster lets you adjust the trigger times easily to synchronize the display to the chosen music track on your computer.

Q: How many individual firework designs are there?

A: There will be around 30 different fireworks (i.e. individual types of fireworks, not displays) shipped with the game.

Q: Can I see firework shows from the Coaster Camâ„¢?

A: Yes, you can see anything and everything from the Coaster Camâ„¢!

Q: Can Firework shows created by others be traded online and imported into my park?

A: Yes, you will be able to do this via RollerCoasterTycoon.com

Q: Can I include the music track that goes with my firework show when I share it with friends?

A: The music track is not included with your Fireworks Mixmaster™ show. However, if you’ve chosen a music track that is supplied in the game, then your friends will hear it too. For your friends to hear your custom fireworks show, they must have the same music track already, and it must have the same name for it to work for your show. For copyright reasons we cannot use the game to facilitate “sharing” of music.

User Created Content

Q: Will I be able to create my own scenery for the game?
    Q: Which rides can I create on my own?
    Q: Can I import custom built 3D models into RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 like I could in RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2?
    Q: What other user created “Mods” will be allowed with the new RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 engine?

A: (to all the above)
    Unfortunately importing your own scenery or any other 3D models into the game is a feature that will NOT be in the game when it is first released. There are some major issues involved with this, and we feel the time remaining before release will be better spent on other aspects of the game. However, once we have completed the game we WILL sit down and figure out what it would take to make that happen. Atari and Frontier believe strongly in the value of allowing the RollerCoaster Tycoon® community to modify and customize the game.

Q: Can I import coasters created in the original RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2 into RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3?

A: YES. There are a couple of gotchas to look out for in the process (which will be explained in the game’s manual) but otherwise this works well.

Q: What elements of the game can I save and share with others online?

A: You can save out RollerCoaster track designs (of course), Scenarios, your Family groups including customized Peeps, Fireworks MixMasterâ„¢ displays, in-game videos, in-game photos / screenshots.

Coasters:

Q: How many coaster types will there be in RollerCoater Tycoon® 3?

A: There are 48 different types of coaster tracks in-game and about 80 different types of cars. There are 28 different other track-based rides in the game, with about 40 different types of track-based cars.

Q: Will there be any licensed coasters that are replicas of real-world coaster designs?

A: Not this time around.

Q: Will the game include preset roller coaster designs of the various coaster types? Will these coasters be the same designs as those found in the original RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2 like Mischief, the gigantic wooden coaster?

A: Absolutely, there will be quite a few. You will find all the (non-licensed) designs from the original RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2 as well as some new designs using the ‘existing’ tracks as well as some others using the newer types of roller coasters that are not found in those titles.

Misc

Q: Will there be a demo of the game before it’s release?

A: We hope to release a limited playable demo in September that will be ‘beta’ code and give you a taste of the new RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3.

Q: Will there be expansion packs and how will they differ from previous RollerCoaster Tycoon® expansion packs?

A: We hope to announce our expansion pack plans after the release of RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 with our focus on brand-new content and gameplay elements.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    wow it seems they've really got their heads screwed on this time round. It looks like the expansions are going to expand the game play as well as the ride/scenery scope. w00t!

I was impressed by the fact that they want to think about including 'import' in the expansions. Double w00t!

They really seem to be selling this mix master thing dont they!? Its like they want it to be a main feature, but I dont think I'll be using it too often. I like that create a family idea though. :D
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Wait, so can we view RCT1 and RCT2 parks in RCT3?
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Only the coasters designs, me thinks. None of the scenery will come with it.
  • TsUnamI%s's Photo
    I can't wait until Meretrix and Mala get hold of this game...

This is sounding better and better everytime they release a screen or even a FAQ like this. I think I'll be using the fireworks alot actually, I already have parks planned out for this game. Sounds awesome, can't wait to get it.

Hopefully by then I'll have my laptop. :yup:
  • PymGuy%s's Photo
    http://www.jeuxvideo...04/00009852.htm

new pics
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    They got some kind of track switcheroo thing, there.
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    Woow! a Vekoma thrill lift! Look HERE to compare!

Mama Bear
  • John%s's Photo
    That is definitely one crazy ride.
    Vekoma should probably work on the reliablity of others first though. ;) :p
  • TsUnamI%s's Photo
    Well if thats what it looks when THEY make parks (which are pretty good BTW), then imagine what the parks will look like when NE get hold of this game.

I can't wait for the "Thrill Lift"
  • vTd%s's Photo
    Seriously... this looks great. It should MORE than make up for the abomination that was RCT2.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

It should MORE than make up for the abomination that was RCT2.

You can say that again!

This game keeps improving with every new screen! Truth be told, I didn't even expect a Vecoma Thrill Lift... A nice treat for me! :D

I wonder what tracks they include for coasters.... I mean, 48 is alot, right?
    I think it's safe to say we'll be getting a Rocket coaster finally! ;)

EDIT: Cool splash!
    Posted Image
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Even a simple, barely themed water slide looks crazy in 3D. :D
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

Even a simple, barely themed water slide looks crazy in 3D.  :D

Imagine the spotlights! :|''''
  • Toon%s's Photo
    This is still looking great. They seem to have great pacing on releasing pics of new stuff from a marketing stand point. Just enough to wet our appetites without ever showing too much. My favourite screens is the Universal Studios style rock slide (it brought back childhood memories). Looks like they're recreating a lot of stuff from the studio tour.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    ^ Next week, new video! ;)
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    Have you already spotted the coaster Cam on the official site? There are 4 coasters you can ride: Inverted, Mega, Looping and Wooden! Have a look HERE

Mama Bear
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    From what they are saying, this game will be better thatn the first two. I really hope they can pull it off to actually better than the the two original games.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    IGN update:

August 16, 2004 - Yes, it has a sandbox mode now. While I'm tempted to end the preview there (it is of course, the question we're most often asked question about the sequel), there's more to Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 than that. The game actually delivers many of the features fans have been requesting, from first-person views of the rides to more flexible difficulty settings to a new fully 3D engine. Kudos to Atari for not electing to call this one Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D by the way. Who says marketing people can't take the high road once in a while?

The previous installments of Rollercoaster Tycoon came with groups of scenarios with set difficulty levels. You had six easy ones, six hard ones and six somewhere in between. This time around the 18 scenarios can be played at any of three difficulty levels. But rather than thinking in terms of difficulty levels, it's better to think of each scenario as having progressively more difficult challenges. After meeting the easy or "apprentice" goals in scenario two, for instance, you're perfectly able to go on to a new scenario. Or you can stick around and try to achieve the goals listed for "entrepreneur" or "tycoon" status. Six of these scenarios are unlocked at the start of the game and you'll unlock the other twelve as you play.
    If these ever start to bore you, you can easily create your own scenarios by using the same tool the developers used to design the missions that ship with the game. And if even that doesn't give you enough options there's always the sandbox mode in a variety of different themes. Of course, some people will play merely for the chance to create their own roller coasters.

There's also a very robust Peep designer. Fans of the game will know I'm not talking about those horrid grit-covered marshmallow confections that sometimes masquerade as treats during the Easter and Halloween holidays. No, the Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Peeps are the people who come to enjoy your park. You can create individuals or entire families with a variety of different interests and behaviors. Even more amazing, the Peeps have such a wide variety of visual characteristics that you can almost spend a whole day watching your park entrance and not see the same set of selections twice.

The camera is remarkably fluid, letting you get down to the street level where you can see all these details. Some Peeps will sneak a kiss in a darkened corner of your park. Others will pause to vomit after stepping off a particularly nasty ride. Peeps will also stop to look at items of interest, turning to cast their gaze up at coaster-cars as they race past. You'll even be able to see some of the Peeps wearing Atari or ATI t-shirts. Who says marketing people take the high road all the time? If all this camera stuff starts to get too overwhelming, you can play the game from the same isometric perspective you've gotten used to in the previous games.

You'll want to pay careful attention to the VIPeeps that sometimes visit your park. These will be announced beforehand so you'll have a chance to set things in order. A VIPeep can be anyone famous -- from a rockstar to an athlete to a politician -- and each will have specific needs and expections. The politician Clint Bushton enjoys signing autographs, eating hamburgers and relatively easy rides. You'll need to set a route for him to follow through your park that leads him to each of these types of interaction. If you do well with a VIPeep you'll be rewarded with more land, a better tax rate, or some other worthwhile advantage.

We have a fresh copy of the current build in our hot little hands now and we'll be sure to bring you more media and impressions later on. Until then, does anyone have any sawdust?

Enjoy!
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Browse here for SOME new screens...

Gamespot article here.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading