News / QFTB-X Round 3 Assignments

• iris%s's Photo
    The Quest For The Best X Official Bracket

Here you can find your assignments for the next round. We are going back to designated coasters for this round, this time giving you the type of coaster company you are allowed to use. I will now give you the types of coasters you're allowed to use for each company in the reply to this thread. Congratulations to all the winners and good luck in the upcoming round!

No damn forfeits this time.

The deadline is September 11. Let's try to reverse the karma of that date, if only at our community.
  • iris%s's Photo
    B&M
    Sitdown Steel-Twister
    Stand-Up Steel-Twister
    Floorless Steel-Twisted
    Hyper/Speed Coaster
    Dive Machine
    Flying Coaster
    Inverted Coaster

Arrow
    Sitdown Looping Coaster
    Suspended Coaster
    Wild Mouse
    Fourth Dimension Coaster
    Mine Train
    Hypercoaster
    Steeplechase

Vekoma
    Flying Dutchman
    SLC (Suspended Looping Coaster)
    Family Coaster
    Suspended Coaster
    Mine Train
    Hammerhead Stall
    Boomerang
    Invertigo/Super Invertigo
    Tilt Coaster
    Sitdown Looping Coaster
    Thrill Lift
    LSM Launched Coasters

Intamin
    Mega/Giga Coasters
    Impulse Coaster
    Reverse Freefall
    Inverted Coaster
    Family Coaster
    Stand-Up Looping Coaster
    Rocket Coaster
    Wooden Coaster
    Mine Train

CCI (RIP)
    Any type of Wooden Coaster/Duelers

GCI
    ^^Any type of Wooden Twisters/Duelers

Premier
    LIM Launch Coasters
    Water Coaster
    Gyro Flyer
    Family Coaster

S&S
    Thrust Air
    Wooden Coasters
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Id love to look at all the round 2 entrys but I can only veiw LL ones right now :(
  • natelox%s's Photo
    I can't see the bracket(s).
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    http://www.bracketma...=...=The QFTB-X
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I hope that accuracy counts major in this round due to the assignments. I'll assume that the judges will know their stuff.
  • Janus%s's Photo

I hope that accuracy counts major in this round due to the assignments.  I'll assume that the judges will know their stuff.

:lol: I knew you would say that.

If it is so, then I don't stand a chance, because I know nothing about real life coasters, at all. It wouldn't really be fair, because it is an RCT contest.
  • John%s's Photo
    d4rkj4nu5, just look at RCDB.com.
    There are 122 coasters built by Arrow.
    That should be enough to inspire something accurate. ;)
  • JKay%s's Photo

If it is so, then I don't stand a chance, because I know nothing about real life coasters, at all. It wouldn't really be fair, because it is an RCT contest.

Ditto dj...and I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesnt know jack about real-life coasters....When I first joined NE, I thought 'B&M' was some kinda secret NE thing... :lol:, but now I think I have a better idea of what it means.....looking forward to this round....bring it Scarface!
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I think it should be judged just the same as the first round. If you wanna do something zaney, then go ahead. I think the idea of having the companies was to give a wider range of choice, not limit participants to having to build realistically.

Metro B)
  • Janus%s's Photo

Ditto dj...and I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesnt know jack about real-life coasters....When I first joined NE, I thought 'B&M' was some kinda secret NE thing... :lol:, but now I think I have a better idea of what it means.....looking forward to this round....bring it Scarface!

Haha, yes, it took me some time to figure out the meaning of 'B&M' too :lol:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    B&M is a brand of baked beans, is it not?
  • John%s's Photo
    http://www.bgfoods.com/bm/bm_index.asp :lol:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

http://www.bgfoods.com/bm/bm_index.asp :lol:

I KNEW it!
    I saw their plant, it's in Portland, Maine!
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Oddly enough, B&M is also an commercial insurance industry term for Boiler & Machinery. Not that anyone cares, but it was enough to confuse the hell out of me...
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo

I KNEW it!
    I saw their plant, it's in Portland, Maine!

I saw that too!! Like 2 weeks ago... lol
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Intamin
    Mega/Giga Coasters
    Impulse Coaster
    Reverse Freefall
    Inverted Coaster
    Family Coaster
    Stand-Up Looping Coaster
    Rocket Coaster
    Wooden Coaster
    Mine Train

Is it okay if I don't use Intamin track if I want to make, say, an Intamin inverted or stand up, or are we expected to somehow merge tracks or something?

Anyway, I think Impulse Coaster is my thang. ;)

Oh yeah, and I too would like to know whether or not we're supposed to be realistic or not, or whether the company name is just to give variety. So do we have to make our coasters feasible in real life, or could we theoretically make something that'd prolly be impossible... like with segments that "jump the track" or reverse tracks at a high rate of speed or whatnot? Similarly, if I want to make, say an Intamin woodie, can I make it a terrain woodie, even though there are no Intamin terrain woodies, or do I have to keep it in the style of the Intamin woodies that exist?

Oh yeah, and you might want to add Hairpin coaster (i.e. Flashback at SFMM) to the Intamin list. After all, if you're gonna put something as useless as a reverse freefall, well, might as well do hairpin. :D
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Oooooh, CCI. Nice challenge.
  • Halex%s's Photo
    This sucks, deadline is when im in school. :(
  • iris%s's Photo
    Realism is not important. I just gave people a group of designated coasters to choose from. I'm still looking for well themed, original ideas. Recreations are fine too, but I'm looking for stuff like the first round. I just gave people (on average) about 5 coasters to choose from instead of picking the coaster type for them.

Have fun.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading