General Chat / NFL Season 2004-2005

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    The Pats won two of the last three Super Bowls with a completely non-existent running game, I'm not super worried about it.
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo

Erm.
    WRONG!

Domination? Yes.
    Streak? Ended.
    Who called it? I did.

Go Steelers.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    The Steelers' defense stepped it up. It was an amazing run though.

Cowboys won!
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    Vikings & Ravens lost... :'( :( :'(
  • sloB%s's Photo
    how bout them eagles.

go birds.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    How come none of the articles about the game have mentioned the fact that Tom Brady completely sucked shit.
  • XxCEDARPOINTFREAKxX%s's Photo
    How bout them Browns... I know that they did not win against the Eagles. But, their is no way you can't say the Browns gained respect and took the Eagles to town in the game. For those that dont know the game was decided in Overtime on the Eagles 2nd possesion of OT. It was an amazing game and luckly for the eagles the browns secondary fell apart early in the game letting up three huge passes. The first to pinkston on the 1st play of the game putting the eagles on the 5 yoard line then scoring. Next drive after a Browns touchdown a 60+ yard touchdown pass was thrown to T.O. Later in the half another long pass to T.O. gave the eagles a statement in the game. Though after the half the eagles just didnt seem to click and the browns battled back and at one point were up 24-21. The game went into over time with both teams hyped up. The browns stoped the Eagles after they elected to recieve. The browns went to about midfield and on 4th & 1 the coach decided to punt away. The eagles started on the 10 drove down and ended up winning on a clutch kick by Akers. The game was close and though the Eagles one I think now everyone knows the Browns are a force to be reconed with.

-XX
  • Annie Reckson%s's Photo

How come none of the articles about the game have mentioned the fact that Tom Brady completely sucked shit.

I blame the fact that this was the Pats sixth straight game...while the Steelers had just come off a BYE week.

But look at the Falcons, they came off a devastating loss to the Chiefs to decimate Denver (let's hope the Jets can do the same thing!).

Vikings & Ravens lost... :'(  :(  :'(

That's because the Vikings suck.

Go Pack.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Titans won. I'm happy.
    Even if we're only 3-5.

And we have a bye next week.
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo

I blame the fact that this was the Pats sixth straight game...while the Steelers had just come off a BYE week.

B-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.

Did you watch the game? We ripped apart the Pats secondary, our offensive line was a fucking brick wall giving Big Ben a good 10 seconds to throw without even the slightest hint of pressure, our defense was pressuring Brady the whole game, Brady sucks, and our secondary was on fire.

It's nothing to do with the bye week...it's to do with who sucks. And that has been proven. Steelers > Patriots.
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo

B-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.

Did you watch the game? We ripped apart the Pats secondary, our offensive line was a fucking brick wall giving Big Ben a good 10 seconds to throw without even the slightest hint of pressure, our defense was pressuring Brady the whole game, Brady sucks, and our secondary was on fire.

It's nothing to do with the bye week. Steelers > Patriots.

Umm...yes..the Pats are probably exhausted, the Steelers just got a break.

I spose we're even now though, since the last time the Steelers played the Pats (Sept 9 2002), they were completely schooled by Brady & Co. with a final score of 30-14.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Now I foresee another situation like 2002:

Pats and Steelers meet in AFC Championship, Steeler receivers shoot their mouths off, the Pats remain quiet, the Steelers get their shit ruined.

Just you wait, Mr. Drizzle.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Wow. That would be funny if the Pats didn't even make it to the Championships this year.
    Shouldn't happen, but it would be funny if it did.
    I will say the Pats will end up how the Cheifs did last year in the playoffs. The Cheifs kicked ass in the regular season but in the 1st game of the playoffs they lost. I just think thats what happens when teams get to confident like most teams that go 20 games without loosing get. O well im no expert but I honestly dont think the steelers are that great of a team. The running game is clicking right now but it is still very weak. The recievers are a strong point allthough every one of the steelers recievers are unconsistent accept for Heins Ward. Plexiglass (Plexico Buress) and Antwon Randel-El. Are both not recievers I would want to have in a game against a good secondary. The Rush Defense of the Steelers also needs a little work. Whenever they play a team with a strong running back they get tired and its all over. The secondary cannot run block very well. Anywho. The Steelers are doing good so far and Ben is doing a fare job. Then again he hasnt got hit very hard yet thanks to the Steelers O-Line. So tell me this. What QB wouldnt do great things with an O-Line that can block you from a 20'000 lb truck pulling a trailer? lol anywho Go Browns!

I just think thats what happens when teams get to confident like most teams that go 20 games without loosing get.

But see, from what I've read from the players and such, I don't think the Pats are overly confident or cocky or anything, they've always been really cool about their streak.

And especially from what I've read today, they know the streak had to end sometime and they know they didn't play their best.

Unlike those cocky Philly players.
  • minnimee85%s's Photo

I will say the Pats will end up how the Cheifs did last year in the playoffs. The Cheifs kicked ass in the regular season but in the 1st game of the playoffs they lost. I just think thats what happens when teams get to confident like most teams that go 20 games without loosing get. O well im no expert but I honestly dont think the steelers are that great of a team. The running game is clicking right now but it is still very weak. The recievers are a strong point allthough every one of the steelers recievers are unconsistent accept for Heins Ward. Plexiglass (Plexico Buress) and Antwon Randel-El. Are both not recievers I would want to have in a game against a good secondary. The Rush Defense of the Steelers also needs a little work. Whenever they play a team with a strong running back they get tired and its all over. The secondary cannot run block very well. Anywho. The Steelers are doing good so far and Ben is doing a fare job. Then again he hasnt got hit very hard yet thanks to the Steelers O-Line. So tell me this. What QB wouldnt do great things with an O-Line that can block you from a 20'000 lb truck pulling a trailer? lol anywho Go Browns!

what you fail to realize, weve had two dline starters out. Both of them are considered to be key factors in the steelers, pass and run defense.
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo

Nope, they're not a good team. They didn't beat the defending Super Bowl champs and owners of the longest winning streak in NFL history. Duce's 704 yards is weak. Hines, Plax, and Antwaan aren't good. And they most certainly don't have a rookie quarterback who has lead them to 5 wins, that happen to be his 5 first starts. Them Steelers just cannot be 6-1. Nope.

The Browns definately have a solid running game and a trio of strong receivers. They're leading their division. Their quarterback isn't a pussy. Yep.
    Typical Steelers fan. O well, im not here to argue. The Steelers are a good team and have a good offense because of the O-Line period! Everyone else rotates around them. Without a good O-line the Steelers would have a horable QB a bad running game and their wouldnt be enough time to pass to the recievers. So give credit where credit is due and that is the Steelers O-line.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo

Typical Steelers fan. O well, im not here to argue. The Steelers are a good team and have a good offense because of the O-Line period! Everyone else rotates around them. Without a good O-line the Steelers would have a horable QB a bad running game and their wouldnt be enough time to pass to the recievers. So give credit where credit is due and that is the Steelers O-line.

I think most teams with a bad offensive line would struggle in running and passing the ball. Not just the Steelers.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading