General Chat / NFL Season 2004-2005

• KaiBueno%s's Photo

I don't think that's niether true nor the point. First of all I think of Montana as historically a better player than Marino, and though I've never thought about it before, Kai must be right. Think of it this way: who would you rather have on your team? Me I'd take Montana easily. Marino was a star, Montana is a legend. Did Marino ever throw something like "The Catch"?

^Thank you. At least someone understands the goal in the sport. The Super Bowl, not the stats. I mean, as much as I liked the guy, are we all going to remember how good Warren Moon was? If he won a SB, likely more. Yet, most barely remember how successful he was in the CFL before he played with the Oilers. He racked up yards in both leagues...

Oh, and Moon, I do hope neither Peyton or Eli end up in a booth someday. I guess I'm not very impressed with Fouts, Boomer E., Simms, Marino, or Aikman....the lineman are actually more fun to listen to.

Kai :huey:
  • ECC%s's Photo
    Lions. 2-0.

Fuckin right.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    I hate the Colts.
    Fuck them.
    I hate them with a passion.

Wow. The Bears kicked the Packers' asses. In Lambeau Field. Wow.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    The Packers....lost. :'(

At least the Cowboys won! Despite their shitty play.

And that Redskins game was an ugly site...
  • Titan%s's Photo
    For being 'Titan', I'm extremely glad the Titans lost.

GO COLTS!
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Go birds in Monday Night Football.

I don't know if both Randy Moss and TO's egos are gonna be able to fit in the arena.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    I'm going for the Vikings....although I think the Eagles will take it.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    I am from Michigan and I have been telling everyone that this year is going to be the Lion's turnaround season. Will they make the playoffs? I doubt it, but they have a decent chance. I think they will at least have a winning season. I love the Lions!! hahhahahaah!!!
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    The Eagles won. Moss nor Owens had the game I expected them to.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    Wow. The Chiefs suck.

The Jaguars also pulled an upset over the Titans.

Interesting week...
  • ECC%s's Photo
    Dammit.

Fucking Eagles.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    You didn't actually think the Lions would win, did you?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Wow. The Chiefs suck.

The Jaguars also pulled an upset over the Titans.

Interesting week...

Jags won? w00t! At least one of my teams is doing well. The Jags have to be like the worst and/or luckiest 3-0 team ever though. Their wins have been ugly. :D

Bucs on the other hand... :'(
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    Yes.

The Packers and Colts was a pretty good game. Manning and Farve both had a great day. Sadly one had to lose....and that was Farve. :'(
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Didn't xxCoasterFreakxx (aka political expert cuz his sister is a master of politics) say that the Browns' Winslow is the hottest TE in the league?

Yeah... right... http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=1890913

[QUOTE]
    CLEVELAND -- Browns rookie tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. needs a second operation on his right leg and will miss the remainder of this season.

Winslow, who broke his fibula during a loss on Sept. 19 in Dallas and had it operated on last week, will have surgery Wednesday to stabilize ligaments.

Winslow, the No. 6 overall pick in this year's draft, was initially expected to be out for at least eight to 10 weeks but will now need longer to recover.

"Our No. 1 concern is Kellen's health and his long-term contribution to the Cleveland Browns," coach Butch Davis said in a statement Tuesday. "We know he will approach his rehabilitation with the same determination that he shows on the football field and look forward to his return for the 2005 season."

Winslow fractured his fibula -- the outer bone in his lower leg -- while scrambling to recover an onside kick in the final seconds of the Browns' 19-12 loss to the Cowboys.

Last week, the first-round draft pick had screws and plates inserted to stabilize the fracture that was clean through the bone.

Following the surgery, Davis reported that doctors found no ligament damage and said there was a good chance Winslow would be back in November.

But after evaluating Winslow, team doctors decided he needed more surgery.

"Kellen needs a stabilization of his syndesmosis [a sprain of the high ankle ligaments] in order to prevent further laxity," head trainer Mike Colello said.

An injury such as Winslow's can sometimes require additional surgery.

Following a trauma to the lower leg or ankle, the joint can become unsteady and painful, requiring an invasive procedure to allow the ligaments to heal properly.

Not only will Winslow not play again for the Browns in 2004, but he stands to lose a $5.3 million one-time bonus. As part of the six-year, $40 million contract he signed in August, Winslow had to participate in 35 percent of Cleveland's plays this season to reach an incentive to trigger the bonus.

The announcement that Winslow needs more surgery is yet another blow to the battered Browns (1-2), who have lost eight starters to injury in the season's first three weeks.

In addition to Winslow, defensive end Courtney Brown and linebacker Ben Taylor are out for the year with injuries. Taylor was placed on injured reserve Tuesday.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    The Cowboys won on Monday!! Pretty good game too...
  • cBass%s's Photo
    Posted Image

HUGE GAME
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    Steelers are gonna stop the streak.

<---Callin' it.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Erm.
    WRONG!
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    No Corey Dillon. Good luck.

Tags