General Chat / NFL Season 2004-2005

• HPRenegade150%s's Photo

How about the Birds?

I mean, damn. They certainly lived up to the hype, at least to begin with.

On offense, they basically controlled the game, proving they can execute the big plays (like Westbrook's 50 yd. run and Owen's long catch) and that they can also control the clock and run 10 play drives down the field. As for defense...they got the job done. The run defense was a little shaky, but I still have faith.

If they can keep this up throughout the season and stay healthy, they'll make the big dance for sure.

It's game time fellas.

Yea, look who they played. One of the worst teams in the NFL. They might not even make it as a college team. Plus the Eagles once again have the refs on their side, for the 4th consecutive season. How about the 2 blown calls on McNabb crossing the line of scrimmage and throwing the ball? Plus many other blown calls. The Eagles will show how 'good' their defense is next week against the Vikes. Their defense looked like crap on a few possessions of the game. Their offense this year will rely to much on the pass, and if any team comes in and shuts down any aspect of their offense, passing or rushing, they will lose. As for the Giants, do they not know how to tackle properly. They certainly lived up to their hype as well.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I was surpised by the Broncos performance against the Chiefs last night. Jake Plummer, although he made a few bonehead plays, had a solid performance and our two new acquistions, Champ Bailey and Quentin Griffin lived up to their hype. It felt good to see the Broncos defeat one of our biggest rivals in our home opener. W00T!
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    Yeah I was kind of dissapointed about what happened to the Chiefs. I wouldn't say the Broncos won, as much as the chiefs lost. That was just ugly. It was pretty close until the very end too, so nobody got their ass kicked. There was a lot of mistakes this year. Did anyone get off to seeing all the highlights on SportsCenter last night? I've been waiting for the Week 1 sportscenter since freakin February!

Any guesses about the Panthers/Packers?

I think the Packers could pull off the upset, but I am going to be going for the Panthers...
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Once the Broncos figured out how to stop the KC offence, they had it. They took out Gonzales (sp?), and they didn't allow Preist Holmes to run at all. That, and the offence did really good.
  • Outlaw%s's Photo
    As I said earlier, go Vikings. Culpepper, 4 TDs, 2 to Moss. I'm really looking forward to the Vikings/Eagles game next week on Monday Night Football.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Who in the UK heard that story about Dwain Chambers switching to American Football cos of his THG ban? I thought it was pretty funny.
  • Bender902%s's Photo
    Everybody seems to cheer for the same 5 or 6 teams. Lets have some variety here. GO JAGS!
    Squeaked one out yesterday, which hopefully is a sign we can finsih at .500 this year. Superbowl in the next two years for sure.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

Everybody seems to cheer for the same 5 or 6 teams. Lets have some variety here. GO JAGS!

Titans bitches!

Havent seen anyone but me like them here.
  • Annie Reckson%s's Photo

Everybody seems to cheer for the same 5 or 6 teams. Lets have some variety here.

I go for the Patriots and the Packers (and the Steelers sometimes, but I can't stand the 49ers)

College Teams : Terrapins and Georgia Tech
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    I'm hoping a 3-0 Green Bay game tonight for my fantasy football teams chance of winning.
  • Outlaw%s's Photo

Titans bitches!

Well, I'm a little more accepting of the Titans now that they got rid of Eddie George, but that doesn't gain my full support yet. The only thing they have going for them in my book is having Steve McNair at QB and being located in Tennessee.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

Titans bitches!

Well, I'm a little more accepting of the Titans now that they got rid of Eddie George, but that doesn't gain my full support yet. The only thing they have going for them in my book is having Steve McNair at QB and being located in Tennessee.

I've always liked Eddie George, even though I think he's past his prime. But I lost all respect for him when he got traded to the Cowboys. Steve Mcnair in my opinion is one of the best QB's right now. He's tough and accurate. I'm hoping they will make it to the super Bowl this year, but those damn Colts keep getting in the way :@
  • VC15SA%s's Photo

Yea, look who they played. One of the worst teams in the NFL. They might not even make it as a college team.

No. Just no.

The Packers won. Yay.

Oh yeah, Eddie George was never traded.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

The Pats didn't win the other day, the Colts lost.

If only James coulda just held on to the football... and they woulda kept RUNNING the ball in the first half... and MANNING wouldn't have got sacked... lets see, thats 4 more touchdowns.  :(

^Hmmm....no. 8@

Edge couldn't hang on to the ball? :rolleyes:

Manning coulnd't avoid getting sacked (especially right before the end field goal try)? :'(

That sounds like a problem caused by the same defense that helped the Patriots to win the last 15 games they played last year while winning Super Bowl title #2. Nevermind that the brilliant Tom Brady was on his game.

Stop complaining and realize that we've got your number at the moment, and that if this pattern continues thru the end, Manning is to Marino what Brady is to Montana. Peyton/Dan have the Stats, Tom and Joe have the rings. Enjoy.

Oh, and the Colts haven't won since when? The Baltimore days?

Kai :huey:
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Rings dont matter crap Joe could never play as well as Marino and Tom could could never play as well Manning. When it comes down to it People remeber Marino holds every passing record in the NFL few remeber what Super Bowls Montana won.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    that's a good point chapel, but nobody wants peyton manning to end up the way dan marino did....
  • Outlaw%s's Photo
    I'd much rather have Brady's Super Bowl MVPs than some passing records. All Marino's passing records can be broken, but once you get the Super Bowl MVP for a year, you don't lose it, it goes down in history forever. Plus, I wouldn't mind that Cadillac EXT that came with that first Super Bowl MVP trophy he won.
  • Micool%s's Photo

that's a good point chapel, but nobody wants peyton manning to end up the way dan marino did....

I don't think that's niether true nor the point. First of all I think of Montana as historically a better player than Marino, and though I've never thought about it before, Kai must be right. Think of it this way: who would you rather have on your team? Me I'd take Montana easily. Marino was a star, Montana is a legend. Did Marino ever throw something like "The Catch"?
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Yeah.
    Everyone would rather Peyton Manning be dead, than be a television analyst.
  • HPRenegade150%s's Photo
    Wow, the Panthers have suffered a huge loss after week one. Steve Smith is out indefinately with a broken fibula. Hopefully he can return for the end of the season/playoffs, if their are playoffs for the Panthers.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading