Released / Lightning Racer Recreation

• Xenon%s's Photo
    Seems like you did a pretty good job the first time. I tried to make a recreation of that ride but it didn't work very well. I have a recreation of wildcat somewhere. That one was hard.
  • Hexiage%s's Photo
    I love that duelling coaster. Very nice an real layout!
    Good recreation!
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Very nice, still not quite as sweet as Greg Rease's old units in the back of his Hersheypark rec from back in the day, but close. And being that I rode these things nearly dozen times between the two sides not so long ago I remember them clearly. Basically things like s-bends and unbanked turns kill me when these are supposed to be GCIs!!!

Still very well done, the station was right on and the break run really is at that angle.

ride6
  • nin%s's Photo
    Anybody still have this?
  • sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    Yeah I have it, I'll put it up soon.
    Here you go. I have two versions of it and I believe this is the correct one.

Attached Files

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Hey, could you submit this to the database please :) it would be much appreciated.
    If you could point me in the direction what what you're talking about, that would be great.
  • Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo
    Go to the "Submit Parks" button and select all the options you want. For just releasing it to the database, as in this case, click Non-Competitive.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Guys, the submit a park system is down, that is why he doesn't understand.
    Thank you^
  • G Force%s's Photo

I believe this is the same sixflagsfreak56 that was an early admin on SSCoasters, probably from about 2004-2010 or so.  Perhaps Maverix can attest to this.  Personally I find it interesting to draw comparisons between the two sites as there are quite a few common members, such as myself and Maverix.

As for the park, I actually really though the layout was pretty good, although not very accurate, especially for 2004.  As far as designs go, if there was an additional building or two, and the terrain wasn't so ugly, perhaps this could have won design back in the day.