Released / Weekend Getaway

• lucas92%s's Photo
    Lot of you did notice members from this site that were in a rctclub named RctMajesty (yes, I'm one of those). Then you were asking "when will they release their first real club park?". Then there is it, wispering rivers. It did not make a VP but it is worth to download so we make it to a "weekendgetaway" (don't know where did they get that idea from).

Anyway, read more about it here. :D

Edited by lucas92, 17 September 2006 - 12:08 PM.

• ekimmel%s's Photo
    Short weekend vacations are often called weekend getaways. That's where they got the name.

It looks ok. I'll download and take a look if I can find some time to do so.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Well, you didn't get VP, but it got Runner Up, so cheer up...
    Well done.
  • trav%s's Photo
    To be honest, I thought it was shit.

The only areas that vaguely impressed me were the entrance area (The archy was good there) and the Jungle area.

I thought that the Racing area could have been done a lot better. The foliage was horrible and the racetrack didn't look like a racetrack.

I also thought the Chinese area was trying to copy China Charms, but failed miserably. The architecture looked exactly the same and stook to the typical Chinese theming, maybe try to experiment with different themes? Not all of China has overhanging rooves and red everywhere you know...

Levis castle area was done horrible too imo, it was too...idk, it was just too something...

Overall, I'd give this park a 5/10, and thats only because I really really liked that Jungle area.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    ^ Ouch.

It looks pretty good from the screen, but I haven't had the time to download it yet. From the picture, I can see what trav is getting at about the Chinese area, but I think the racetrack looks really good.

Edited by Gwazi, 18 September 2006 - 01:54 PM.

• eman%s's Photo

The only areas that vaguely impressed me were the entrance area (The archy was good there) and the Jungle area.

I thought that the Racing area could have been done a lot better. The foliage was horrible and the racetrack didn't look like a racetrack.

I also thought the Chinese area was trying to copy China Charms, but failed miserably. The architecture looked exactly the same and stook to the typical Chinese theming, maybe try to experiment with different themes? Not all of China has overhanging rooves and red everywhere you know...

Levis castle area was done horrible too imo, it was too...idk, it was just too something...

Overall, I'd give this park a 5/10, and thats only because I really really liked that Jungle area.

You're so quick to tear parks apart. If you're gonna give such a negative comment to a park with as much obvious effort as this, at least give more reasoning and constructive criticism.
  • lucas92%s's Photo

???

So for you shit is a park wich you liked some sections?

Anyway, I think that it could be better, specially the foliage in Levis's section: it just doesn't fit, all these tall trees let me think about shit (though it is totally a diferent thing for your achitecture style)...

Anyway, it is the first real clubpark of RctMajesty (don't be too rough) :D
  • trav%s's Photo
    ^Yeah. If not all area of a park stand up to the top area, then imo, it's shit. In this case it shows that (imo again) your club is too mixed and you don't all have the same skills, which, whilst good in some cases, can also prove to be bad. I'm not saying it's a really bad park, I mean, come on, I gave it 5 out of 10, and I'd only give RoB a 7 out of 10 :p.

@eman. Did you not actually read my post? I think I gave enough constructive criticism and reasoning, I'm not going to tell them how to build the fucking thing...

For the racing area, I said they need to change the foliage and racetrack. If I told them how to do that, then they would never improve, because they would just be doing what people tell them to do.

The Chinese area, I said that all of the buildings looked the same and that it got old quick because of it. I also said that it looks the same as practically every other chinese theme out there, as if they had done no reasearch and just copied from everyone else.

Yeah, I was a bit vague on the castle area, so I'll say now. The grey was way too dominating and I didn't like the red and white, but only because they are not colours which work together imo. I think that if you had used the darker red then it might have looked better.

Also, eman, can I just ask you what you think constructive criticism is?
  • Levis%s's Photo

Yeah, I was a bit vague on the castle area, so I'll say now. The grey was way too dominating and I didn't like the red and white, but only because they are not colours which work together imo. I think that if you had used the darker red then it might have looked better.

such things piss me off .....
    IT'S A CASTLE AREA !!!!! CASTLE'S ARE GREY !!!!!
    every time again you (and other to) bitch about colors .... If I try to make an el dorado and use gold colors they say the color's aren't good, if I try to make an castle area they say the color's are not good .... what color's do you use in a castle ?

I can't speak for the others that build this park but I know fred tried to improve his foilage but he couldn't get it much better.
    And Mifune tried to build some other buildings but if you got a certail style it is very difficult to adjust that so you can make other buildings with it to.

about the skill level's , we ask almost everyone that shows talent, we hope that majesty is a club that help them to improve and to get higher in the rct community. if you look at the things the members build in this park you can say most of them growth in it.

still thanks for the comments :) .
  • FredD%s's Photo

@eman. Did you not actually read my post? I think I gave enough constructive criticism and reasoning, I'm not going to tell them how to build the fucking thing...

For the racing area, I said they need to change the foliage and racetrack. If I told them how to do that, then they would never improve, because they would just be doing what people tell them to do.

Homie, look, who do you think you are?
    You just say this park is shit, without thinking.
    I looked at your parks and they were nice, happy?

You forget that not everyone is a pro with RCT!
    I came from far and I always grow piece by piece and look where I am now!
    Yeah I know my foliage isn't good, but so what? I try to get it better,
    and my foliage is here a lil'bit better and then you say my foliage is horrible.
    You also could say that you didn't like it AND WHY and tell how to make it better.
    That my friend, that is constructive criticism!
  • trav%s's Photo
    @Levis...
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Thats two castles that I've found that aren't grey in the space of 2 minutes...

And in a castle, I would use brown, grey and dark red. But I wouldn't make every building completly grey.

@Fred...

Ok, I'm sorry I said it's shit, but I did think, and that was my opinion of it.

I know that everyone is not a pro with Rct, I'm certainly not a pro with Rct! I was in the same sort of position as you at one time. When I first came to this site, everyone thought my work was shit, but I've also improved over time, and only now are people starting to think that I'm not actually that bad. Your foliage is bad is this park, but it's no worse than mine was this time last year, in fact, it's probably better. Yes, your foliage is horrible, but you have to take that on the chin and try to learn from it, look at parks like Isole Calabria or practically anything by slob. See how they do their foliage and then try and take that and tweak it until you start to figure out how to actually line up your foliage so that it looks good. Just experiment really, and you'll improve more and more every time.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    @ trav -> I tought I used some brown and black and there is red in it to, and to break it even more I build the red white building.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Oh yeah, so you did...my bad.
  • eman%s's Photo
    Constructive criticism means you not only say that foliage was bad, you say in what ways it was bad. If you just tell them "The foliage was horrible and the racetrack didn't look like a racetrack." you're merely criticisizing the park. Instead, elaborate by telling them what it was that was bad about the foliage and what about the racetrack made it unrealistic. In this manner, you will be constructive and helpful to them without "building the park for them" in any way whatsoever.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo

Homie, look, who do you think you are?
    You just say this park is shit, without thinking.
    I looked at your parks and they were nice, happy?

You forget that not everyone is a pro with RCT!
    I came from far and I always grow piece by piece and look where I am now!
    Yeah I know my foliage isn't good, but so what? I try to get it better,
    and my foliage is here a lil'bit better and then you say my foliage is horrible.
    You also could say that you didn't like it AND WHY and tell how to make it better.
    That my friend, that is constructive criticism!

Way to stand up for yourself. Good job. I looked at the foliage, and it is better than your previous works, so good work on that too.

I also liked the castle area, although the jungle area may have been a little bit better. Overall, I enjoyed this park. It probably didn't deserve VP, but it did deserve what it got. 7/10