Related Games / RCT 3 Screens and Movies

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    They have overbanked turns, large AND small corkscrews, and you can make a large half loop go into a small half loop without it running into each other now.

Also, banked turns can go immediately into some inversions.

I'd post more if I had time, but 45 minutes really isn't enough for me to build something to wow you guys. ;) :D
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    Maybe a suspended coaster splashing the water at a certain part.... like before the second lift it hits the water, then the chain pulls it along so it doesn't stall in the water...
  • Toon%s's Photo
    SAC...if you really must stop posting pics, please make sure I'm on the AIM list of people you bug with your pics.
  • posix%s's Photo
    after having seen these screens, i will reconsider rct3 when the full version is released.
  • MickMaximus%s's Photo
    You know what I think is the best aspect of this game thus far...it is the reality of the coasters...Take for instance Riche's first screen on the last page, it shows the invert flying over a small pond into a corkscrew just past the path area. It just gives me the realistic feel of the coaster flying by. You can almost feel the breeze. I can't play the game yet (stupid AMD) and I can only tell from the screens but I like that idea and feel.

What seems most disappointing to me is the architecture of the buildings. They don't seem as nice as the buildings that people can create in RCT2. Maybe this is beacuse it is only the demo and maybe there is a lot more to see later on but right now the buildings don't look that realistic too me and are lacking.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    I think they should add a fre more polygones to the loops to make them more circleish.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Im going to wait untill theres a trainer out or people are building big parks. At the moment i hate the way you look for objects, it takes forever. Also, you cant recolour anything, you have to rebuild it. If you wanted to recolour a whole building.... well.. You cant double up fences against a path.. the landscaping is good, but still some really annoying points to it..

Btw, corky i think there will be 90 degree banking on certain coasters (the 2 middle banking options). So lots of overbanking there hopefully. This game will be awsome for doing recreations.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey guys
    yes me again. Yeah im sure i can do better SA and ill try when the game comes out but with no option to save i cant refine manicly like i usually do (why do you think i only release a park once a year lol)
    )
    As for archy. I'll get round to trying it properly soon enough but right now (as SA pointed out to me) I'm just having fun :)
    its great to mess around without the responsabilty of having to work at a park. we can just mess around and enjoy. this is the first time since working on Snow Drop ive had this much fun in RCT hee hee.

Anyway heres a vid of a coaster i was just working on (hell ive never edited videos before and i find that fun too). its got a bit of archy although i wasnt happy with it. And the coasters not great but its a start.

Blue Tornado
    Posted Image
    I like parks that interact as you may of guessed

Posted Image
    some sort of attempt to build an office building :p

http://www.enjoda.co...bluetornado.wmv

im currently experimenting with Landscaping and getting used to those controls. I still havnt figured out the difference between some of those buttons :)

Oh and toon i afgree with you. lol but come on weve only had the game 5 days lol
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Jesus fuckig Christ Dave.......

You are a master...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • TsUnamI%s's Photo

Also for those of you who have played thus far, how is the AI?  Are people walking into dead ends, do they follow a pattern?  Just wondering...

I'd like to show some screens but the time limit breaker isn't working for me, as for the AI...

It is a MAJOR improvement from the first and second. Two kids were walking with their mom,they saw the tugboat ride I built and tugged their momm over to it, and that was just the beggining... A group of guys passed a group of girls, the girls caught glimpse of them, and ran to them. Maybe a coincidence, but I think not.

Ah I just thought, why not give it a try, I'll try and get some screens up soon.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

I'm not as impressed as everyone else with the screenshots I'm seeing.  I've been playing around with the game and it is relatively easy to make something that looks good as all the screens show.  But it's really difficult to create a great atmosphere and what I consider great coasters.  The new 3d angle, makes achieving greatness that much harder as it has to work from so many more angles and views.  Roomie seems to be the one doing what I consider the best work with it right now, followed closely by SAC and Corky (the demo scenery options would seem to fit Corky's style better than anyone elses imo).  Disney Freak's pics are fine, but it strikes me that most of the wow about them is from the game itself and not the actual work seen in the screens.  Don't take that the wrong way DF, I think you are capable of great improvement with this game.

I'm with Toon on this.

Actually these screens remind me of RCT2, or actually it reminds me of RCT2 before there were custom objects which gave the game extreme value and the desired content. The problem with rct3 is that it is very limited and I expect it to be the same in the full game. There are several things I dislike: some very poor textures, horrible shiny roofs (I hate this kind of graphics), ugly flowers, etc (I actually blame this on the fact that they were trying to keep the requirements down)

If it wasn't for the custom objects RCT2 would have reached it's maximum potential long ago. The problem with RCT3 is that you can't import object. I think there's not enough material to be creative. Atmosphere will be pretty hard to achieve...

I'll probably download the full game first and decide after that if it's worth the money to buy the original, but my money goes to Half Life 2 now that will be released very soon too.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Roomie, that may just have become my favorite wooden coaster ever.

That's why you're my favorite parkmaker and a huge inspiration. It's as though you see a drop on a coaster, top to bottom, and you conceptualize a hill under it in a split second.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Awesome awesome awesome Roomie! I have much to catch upon.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Here is my first attempt at this new platform.

Sorry about the webshots thing.

I'll be putting them up on my own server as soon as I get it hooked up.

In the meantime.....it's a wooden twister, with a GCI feel.

The ride took about 1/4 th the time that the building did.

I am really hoping they get the menu issues solved, as this could slow down building drastically.

Anyway....here are the pics
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    ok, where do i go to download the no time demo, and open the sandbox mode?
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    Roomie....those are fucking fantastic.

Meretrix, I really like your archy. Nice stuff.
  • DeDevil%s's Photo
    what if people stop releasing parks and just make videos or the new way of advertising would be showing videos instead of just pictures. that would be pretty cool.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Roomie's last video synchronized up perfectly with the second half of So Says I by the Shins, out of sheer weird coincidence. It was weird/cool.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Link above to see what I was(nt) able to achieve on my second go 'round.

The time limit hack got screwed up on me...I think the game knows I want to play for more than 45 minutes....and thus...it's mocking me. So...I wasn't able to finish the theming on this ride (not even close).

Oh well....I am seriously falling in love with this game. Once you get used to the new control system...it kind of makes sense...(except for the scenery menu....that HAS to be fixed).

And the no fences on path squares is about as stupid as removing the mountain tool from RCT2.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    What the hell! I was playing, and doing the time trick every 30 minutes, and I was working on some nice stuff, making a little classical lake-side amusement park, and I was planning on filling 1/4 of that map. I got to the point where I needed to alt+tab and do the time trick, and somehow I accidentally clicked between 12 and 1 or something and somehow, it got switched to 1 pm instead of 1 am, and I got fucked. Raw. I know I said I wasn't posting any more screens.. but I don't see a reason not to, this shit had potential... *sigh*

http://snowbound.ins...l.com/lake1.jpg
    http://snowbound.ins...l.com/lake2.jpg
    http://snowbound.ins...l.com/lake3.jpg
    http://snowbound.ins...l.com/lake4.jpg

I didn't have screens for the last 30 minutes of work I did. I guess you'll have to use your imaginations. GOD IT WAS SO NICE!!
    :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

FUCK

I NEED AN AUTOMATIC WAY TO RESET MY FUCKING CLOCK DAMNIT!!!!

SHIT

:@

*** DISCLAIMER : I am aware that it is a demo, but I was looking forward to filling a 1/4 of that map for practice.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading