General Chat / Decision 2004(for USA anyway..)

Who will you vote for?

• Annie Reckson%s's Photo

That would be good, because then the bullshit electoral college would give one to Bush and the Republicans and take one away from Bush and the Republicans, and we can call it a draw and eliminate that stupid fucking system altogether.

The electoral college (despite it's desperate need for reform) is actually a decent system, in that it doesn't let the majority trample the minority.
  • MachChunk 3%s's Photo
    So far, Bush- 156, Kerry, 112. Bush is winning.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo
    Boohoo, I hate Bush.
  • ECC%s's Photo
    MSNBC says 171 - 112
    CNN says 164 - 112

Florida and Ohio are gonna hella close. Anybody else seeing how many voters there are in Ohio? Dayyum.
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo
    Funny that New Mexico has never been mentioned. It had the closest popular vote last time. But this time Yahoo! is reporting 77 to 22 for Bush. Talk about a change.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

The electoral college (despite it's desperate need for reform) is actually a decent system, in that it doesn't let the majority trample the minority.

Well, majority rules.
    I think if the majority of American people prefer Candidate A over Candidate B, then Mr. A should be the president, even if Mr. B gets the most electoral votes. It just makes sense.
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo

Well, majority rules.
    I think if the majority of American people prefer Candidate A over Candidate B, then Mr. A should be the president, even if Mr. B gets the most electoral votes.  It just makes sense.

That only makes sense in democracy. We live in a union of states. Up until 1913 the people didn't even chose their state's senators directly. So why not give the states a say in their union? But since Lincoln's invasion of the CSA the last shred of the idea of "free and independent states" has been lost.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Good.
    There's no reason we can't eliminate the electoral college and still have independent states with their own governments. I think plenty of laws and regulations should be left up to the states. But it shouldn't be up to the states to decide our presidency. I mean, you can talk all you want about your "union of states" but President Bush says we havea democracy, John Kerry says we have a democracy, and this government is perceived to be a democracy by pretty much everyone.
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo
    Well those guys that wrote the Constitution say differently.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    lincoln "invaded" the confederacy and bush legitimately "liberated" iraq, right?
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Well those guys that wrote the Constitution say differently.

Well they're dead, and no one gives a fuck what dead people think.
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo
    The US invaded both the CSA and Iraq.

Then, Moon, the Constitution is meaningless.
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    171 - Bush

112 - Kerry

As of yet.(I think)
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

The US invaded both the CSA and Iraq.

Then, Moon,  the Constitution is meaningless.

The "CSA"? That's like, invading ourselves. Which doesn't make sense.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Thus far this election's results sicken me.

I have faith that Kerry will pull it out as an optimist, but being a realist, Bush will win because America is a fucking shithole filled with nothing but retarded degenerate assholes.

Fuck the US if Bush wins...

Coming from a die-hard American.

And if anyone tells me to "get the hell out".....
    I have my own opinion and i have a right to have it,I pay fucking taxes to this toilet of a country, so go fuck your mother as well...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo
    [quote name='MoonSpoon' date='Nov 2 2004, 10:09 PM']Then, Moon, the Constitution is meaningless.[/quote]
    The "CSA"? That's like, invading ourselves. Which doesn't make sense. [/quote]
    Not if you consider the CSA to be a seperate nation. Which the USA sort of did with West Virginia.

And how can you vote for a man who cannot even have an original campaign sign created?
  • Tyler%s's Photo

And if anyone tells me to "get the hell out".....

get the hell out, you Nazi.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    [quote name='lazyboy97O' date='Nov 2 2004, 10:20 PM']The "CSA"? That's like, invading ourselves. Which doesn't make sense.[/quote]
    Not if you consider the CSA to be a seperate nation. Which the USA sort of did with West Virginia.

And how can you vote for a man who cannot even have an original campaign sign created? [/quote]
    Campaign sign?
    Uhhh. What the fuck.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo

get the hell out, you Nazi.

Hello.

I actually would rather live in Canada than Nazi Germany pt. 2, but I can't afford to move...

So i guess i am stuck with this hick red-neck piece of dogshit faggot for another 4 years.
    Kill me now.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo

Campaign sign?
    Uhhh.  What the fuck.

Look at a "Bush Cheney '04" and a "Kerry Edwards sign" the only difference is the font and flag. The colors and overall design are essentially the same.

I bet if you read Hitler's political agenda minus the war and racism to John Kerry he would agree with most of it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading