Related Games / RCT3 Disneyland

• flmscor%s's Photo
    So I just started this. Unfortunately, I'm building it to scale (1 tile = 100sqft) and the sandbox mode is only 132x132, so it doesn't all fit. I've spent most of the past couple days getting it as accurate as possible using path and terrain. So far, my favorite part of RCT3 (aside from being able to look everywhere and ride rides, etc.) is being able to create subtle terrain changes.

I'll be working on this and updating for the next few days until I have to start doing "real" work again.

Matterhorn is not to scale, however. I just couldn't resist.

Posted Image
  • MudBlood%s's Photo
    I defently looknig forward to this one
    :|''''
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Expand the size of Main Street... Not much else to say...
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Do NOT build this park in sandbox!!!!!

Build it in the Scenario Creator. You can make the park as large as you want (with the caveat that you cannot put entrances and exits of rides outisde of the default setting size...but for a Disney park that's OK because you can put the facade within the boundary, and you can build the ride outside of it).

I can't wait to see how you do this!!!!

I will be particularly interested to see how you do Space Mtn.

Can't Wait!!!!! :)
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    I think BTMR will be tougher than Space Mountain!

Good luck with this one, you're gonna need it!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Try making the Space Mountain building.

THAT's what makes it tough.
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    Disney Freak: I think the perspective is fooling you on the dimensions of main street. It's accurate. I have blueprints. but I might make it ONE tile longer since I'm STARTING OVER!!!!

*sob*

Meretrix: I don't know whether to kiss you or punch you! I JUST discovered the "increase map size" dialog box in the scenario editor. Now I have to START OVER!!! AAAAAGH! It will be better - stronger - faster - and definitely bigger.

Funny how I'm neglecting work on a REAL themepark ride to do this. I'll post again tomorrow night with the restart.

Thanks for the comments and advice!!
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Just make sure that when you increase the map size...you also remember to OWN all of the new land you just added. Otherwise, when you place the park into a saved game, or sandbox mode, or whatever...you still won't be able to construct anything outside the default size. Link to the "three screen tutorial" that I put in my Enchanted Kingdom archive to see what I mean.

Also, remember to turn off the border fence.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Damnit! Stupid no money deal thingie! RCT3 has now enthralled me even without me touching it. And thbis park looks lovely. Just, if you could, would you contruct 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea so that it actually works, unlike in every Disney park. I've always wanted to ride it, but it has never been open. Make me proud, son!
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    OK, meretrix. I followed your directions. Seems to work. One more question: Is there any way to change the location and style of the entrance?

Also, thanks for your help. I've been lurking here for years admiring your work. You too, Corkscrewed. I minored in Architecture at USC - this is my outlet for that creative/obsessive side of me.

*HEAVY SIGH*

Starting over now... 20 hours of meticulous mapping and terrain editing down the drain...
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    You can open your saved game in the SE
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Yes you can switch both the entrance type as well as the location of the entrance and the "spawning" points for peeps.

First you select the scenery tab while in the SE.

Then you should see a tab that is just above the custom buildings tab, it looks like two red pillars, and when you mouse over it, it should say park entrances. If you open that tab, you can select any number of different themed entrances....you can also select the "choose injection point" function (it's a green arrow. You need to have a path created first, though, so.....create a straight line path (or not) from the map edge....then you can use the injection feature to create a spwaning point. You can place a park entrance either directly over a path, or you can place the entrance first, then draw a path up to it.....Now for the cool thing.....You can have AS MANY SPAWN POINTS AND AS MANY ENTRANCES AS YOU WANT!!!! How groovy is that?

Oh and thanks for the compliments.
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    DUDE...

groovy.

I'd open my saved game in SE, but since the west side of the park is about 100 feet wider than the east, I"m going to have to move things around to get it to fit square. Plus, I'm going to rotate the park so the light is correcet.

Thanks again for everyone's help.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

I minored in Architecture at USC - this is my outlet for that creative/obsessive side of me.

Dude. That instantly makes you cool in my book. :D

When did you graduate?
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    Wow, I never knew Disneyland was so... flat.
  • iBrent%s's Photo
    ^ LMAO.

It's hella flat. It's in Anaheim, CALIFORNIA. Seriously, zero elevation changes. Really the only part that isn't flat is over by Pirates, it goes down a bit, but then evens back out. Same with Knott's Berry Farm, prolly flatter. Only a couple mins away from eachother.

Anywho, good luck on this, I really think this will turn out great. And is your avatar one of those things on the sides of the ESPN Restaurant building @ DD?
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    Avatar is V. I. Lenin. It's from a relief in Moscow.

And yes, Disneyland is mostly flat with a few grade changes. Fantasyland (including the Matterhorn) is about 5 feet higher than Main Street, and Rivers of America is about 5 feet lower than Main Street. That and a big pile of dirt where the Matterhorn is now is what they did with the dirt from the Rivers of America.

Knott's is almost completely flat with the exception of Camp Snoopy, which is lowered maybe 10 feet.

I graduated in '96. BM. Does James Steele still teach there?
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    OK. I had a major breakthrough. I discovered how to build within the entire 254x254 park in Scenario Editor. You're correct - initially you can't build a ride with entrances and exits outside the original 132x132.

Until you do the following:

1. Open Scenario Editor

2. Open scenario that you already increased the map size and owned all the land previously

3. Turn the fence ON (I randomly chose laser fence)

4. Go to the Own land dialog again and own the rest of the park again. You'll notice the fence expanding as you grid-over and own land.

5. To test this, I saved the scenario again, closed the game, restarted RCT3, opened scenario from the Play/Custom Scenario routine and was able to build anything with entrances and exitsin all four corners of the 254x254 park.

Enjoy.
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    After a great deal of trial and error to figure out how to actually own and be able to build on all 254x254 tiles in Scenario Editor, I restarted this project. I had originally started it in Sandbox mode, which as we all know, mysteriously allows for only 132x132 tiles. In the first image, you can see that I could fit only a portion of the park, since I'm building it to scale (1 tile = 100sqft.) Now, with 254x254 tiles, the park will be bordered on the west by Disney Drive, the east by Harbor Blvd, the north by the very top of Toon Town and on the south by a portion of California Adventure, which I will build as much as space allows. As far as I can tell right now, that will include the Entrance Plaza, and possibly Soarin', a portion of Condor Flats, and the Hollywood Backlot. I'm not sure where I will put any game entrances, but I'm definitely going to make some "trams" where the tram zone is and put a bunch of peep spawns there, so it looks like everyone's coming and going from the trams.

Enjoy.

RESTART!

Posted Image
  • nightterror%s's Photo
    Hey Man I look forward to your park. If you want to build it in snadbox mode just create your entrances, size and whatever else in the scenario editor and then save your park.

Once that is done go to your my documents/rct3 folder and open the start new scenario folder. Take your file in there that you saved and copy it to the my documents/rct3/parks folder.

Then go back to rct3, open sandbox mode and load your file in. The only thing you cannot do in sandbox mode that you can do in scenario editor is put the park entrances and guest spawn points.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading