Related Games / RCT3 Disneyland

• Steve%s's Photo
    I love how the paths look so much more natural. Looks really realistic.
    and classy.

brilliant so far.
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    Thanks guys. I'm going off of various blueprints and aerial photography for the best accuracy. I'm even going to place the trees and other final details AT Disneyland on my laptop.

Currently I'm stuggling with the castle. I think it's going to be a trade-off between accurate shape and color. I could build it to look correct shape-wise with the spooky castle theming, but It would be dark grey with green roofs, or build it with the colored walls and have it be a little weird looking but the right colors.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    I think you should go with the accurate colors if you are going for a recreation of the builing, as long as it's not too different from the original. Because different colors can sometimes ruin it imo.
  • JAYJAY%s's Photo
    I know exactly what you mean I had the same problem. I am building Disneyland my self and I built the castle with the correct colors rather than the darker themeing. I used stone walls from the caribbean themeing and built the rest of it with the correct colors the best I could. And I was happy with the way it came out given with what I had to use. In the end the right colors and building the castle best with that was better in my opinion. The other themeing was to dark and took away from the disney feel. Thats what I did and I was pleased with how it came out. Thats my opinion with that. Good luck with the rest of your park I will be looking foreward to see how it turns out.
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    Yeah, that's how I'm doing it too. Plus, the Caribbean theming has that diagonal wall.
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    UPDATE!

Posted Image
  • iBrent%s's Photo
    Isn't building the paths first something that'll force you to not make the buildings accurately?
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    Nope. They will serve as a guideline so that I can make them as accurate as possible, not only in relation to themselves, but each other.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Despite popular belief, you won't get much feed back with just paths.

no matter how incredibly awesome they are.
    i suggest you wait till more is done.
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    Thanks, but I'm not really posting for feedback. I'm posting for those who care to view the progress.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    i'm gonna go out on a ledge here and say you actually know what the fuck you are doing, so keep truckin' man, can't wait for more screens.

And your portfolio site has some impressive content! Message me on AIM, i'm Blitzsama :D
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    WOW! I just checked out your home site.....very impressive...I'll even forgive you for using frames (they are the devil as far as I'm concerned....unless you read my "sig" in which case, you'll realise that the devil is a girl with Van Gogh's missing ear.")

You definitely do not seem like the type of person (based solely on your site) to want to do, what those at NE would call...."another Disney Park". Kudos on saying to hell with it, and carrying on. I am curious as to exactly how accurate you are being with those pathways. Parts of the park seem like they'll be completely missing. From where did you obtain your "park map stats"? Also..as someone said earlier...make the castle the correct COLOR..just do the best you can with the limited scenery choices you have available.

Oh yeah....good luck. I will follow this closely.
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    Thanks you guys. Glad you liked my site (except for the frames - I had to do that so it was easily updated by someone who can barely use Frontpage...).

I'd like to think I know what I'm doing. I'm working from actual blueprints - and not the crappy hand-drawn amature ones (some I have and some I found online) and aerial photographs I found online. I'd say it will be accurate to within one meter, with a few cheats to make things fit. For instance, I think the castle is going to have to be a little bit bigger than real life to get it to look decent. Most people don't realize just how small it really is. It's only 100 feet wide and 50 feet tall.

Now that you've seen my site, you'll understand why I'm doing this in the first place. Aside from growing up at Disneyland and loving it like a family member, I was extremely close to actually getting to do the music for the 50th anniversary, from the demo that it on my site. They called me, we had meetings, etc. But in the end, they hired Phil Collins.

All I want to do is see my music in a pyro show at Disneyland, with launch points throughout the park.

So I'm making Disneyland. And I want it to be so accurate that when you walk through it, it gives you goosebumps that it's so much like the real thing. I'm also making it sort of a combination of time periods. For instance, it's going to have Indy, Toontown AND Peoplemover, etc.
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    UPDATE!
    Posted Image
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    It's really good that you have an emotional attachment to the park. I also do, maybe even more. I dont know.(coming from the person who cries sometimes during Disneyland commercials) That should def. help you. Good Luck! Looking good.

Do you have ANY buildings done yet? If so please post a screenie. Thx

Edited by disneylandian192, 14 November 2004 - 11:15 AM.

• flmscor%s's Photo
    I updated the picture above.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Uhhh, SWEET PATH!!!11!!!!1!
  • Micool%s's Photo

But in the end, they hired Phil Collins.

I wouldn't say that's anything to be ashamed of!!
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    HAH! I suppose.. I just hope it doesn't toally suck ass.

btw.. Happy Birthday Micool!
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    And incase you're wondering how I'm doing this:

Two Monitors

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading