Custom Scenery Exchange / Render8 Custom Scenery Thread

• render8%s's Photo

Here's the main place i will put all my finished Custom Scenery.

Trees

R8QTTR1 - Quarter tile tree
    Attached File  R8QTTR1.jpg (30.7KB)
    downloads: 72

R8TREE1
    Attached File  R8TREE1.jpg (33.67KB)
    downloads: 66

R8TREE3A (Colorable)
    Attached File  R8TREE3_colorable.jpg (35.82KB)
    downloads: 59

R8TREE5
    Attached File  R8TREE5.jpg (35.27KB)
    downloads: 54

R8TREE6
    Attached File  R8TREE6.jpg (31.33KB)
    downloads: 59

R8TREE7
    Attached File  R8TREE7.jpg (31.67KB)
    downloads: 75

R8TREE18
    fgno.png

R8TREE19 - colorable
    z7ld.png

R8TREE20
    hvwm.png

R8TREE21
    5n8z.png

R8FERN1
    lsaf.png

Vehicles

R8CAR1 - Colorable
    zkpv.png

R8CAR2 - Colorable
    4bkb.png

R8PCAR1 - Police Car Non-Recolorable
    46nm.png

R8CAR3 - Colorable
    9i6.png

R8CAR4 - Colorable Top and Body
    v6k.png

Misc decorations

Animated Jack-o-Lantern (R8PUMP01.DAT)
    rct2animatedpumpkin1001.gif

Animated Flag Pole - Pole and Flag Colorable
    animationgif1.gif

Road Building Stuff

Striped Road Block Quarter Tile (R8RDBLK1)

j6o.png

Shops and Stalls

Mr. Fun Souvenir Stall

Attached File  mfun_obj_editor.png (30.4KB)
    downloads: 46

NEW - 2014 Objects

Bob's Amazin' Blazin' Burgers (Animated Small Scenery Object) (R8BBAR02)

Attached File  SE_R8BBAR02.gif (50.48KB)
    downloads: 30

Break Dance - Custom Ride (R8DANCER)

Attached File  R8DANCER.gif (8.22KB)
    downloads: 29

Attached File  animation_correction_2.gif (92.66KB)
    downloads: 30

Break Dance - Custom Ride Diamond Version (R8DANCE2)

Attached File  ingame_icon_125x125.gif (10.13KB)
    downloads: 19

Recolourable Silver Birch Tree (R8TCSB01)

Attached File  R8TCSB01_1.gif (16.11KB)
    downloads: 14

Attached File  R8TCSB01_2.gif (20.01KB)
    downloads: 6

Quarter Tile Rotatable/Colourable Glowing Lamp 1 (R8GLLP01)

Removed to update

Attached Files

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    I like them man. you've improved immensely from the first tree you'd shown. My only thing is, I'm not sure if new trees and plants is really what people need right now? I understand that your just trying to get into the swing of things and find what your 'thing' is. Just maybe a heads up? could be just me tho..

Also, would you be up for making new custom trains? or capable?

-Josh-
  • posix%s's Photo
    render8, I'll be honest and admit that I tl;dr your post. I applaud your ambition and dedication but I would appreciate some succinctness over verbosity.

Your objects are approving but they still look very custom and foreign to RCT. I think you need to adapt more to the games native graphics style which is more primitive and less detailed than what you're going for right now. Another, more practical, suggestion, is to no put dark ground under the flowers as it sticks out too much. Make it blend, or if possible, transparent, so it blends nicely with whatever texture people have underneath.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I think I might have something interesting for you (and others) ;)
    There once was a website dedicated to scrapped ideas for RCT(1). I think it might be offline by now (just found it with the wayback machine, gonna post the link below), but I did save the zoomed in images of some objects.

http://web.archive.o...ting_room1.html

• lucas92%s's Photo
    WOW the trees look amazing! In fact, they look more realistic than the ones in-game! Try to make the flowers 1/4 tiled and they would be awesome!
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    i'd actually like to see some large trees that are proper for the game's look, like liam did but maybe a different look or even bigger in size
  • render8%s's Photo
    Thanks for all feedback guys.

@corkscrewy - I totally understand this type of stuff is probably not really needed right now. To be honest, I think I will lay off the landscaping stuff like this for a while and focus on more actual objects. This first week of using object editor has been a total learning experience for me and I just kind of felt these would be an easy way to give me time to work on setting up lights and camera angles and just basically get the basics down with making stuff for RCT. I think now I'm getting more settled in and into a groove so if there are more specific things, like new cars and whatnot, then I can start moving onto that stuff. I'm not 100% sure what I'm capable of just yet as i'm scrambling to learn this stuff on my own, but I'm always up for a challenge.

@posix - Thanks for the honesty, and I know I ramble too much. I guess I could have summed it all up in a shorter post, I just tend to be overly detailed about things at time, at least I think that's what you were meaning. The whole thing is I'm coming from doing photorealistic work down to a 256 color sprite, so the adjustment is a pretty big one and the fact I've only been doing this for about a week now, I think I've got a lot to learn yet. I do know what you're saying for sure and do not disagree with you.

@casimir - Awesome find there! I kinda scrolled through it quick to get an idea of what it was, but when I have more time, I'd love to go back and read more in depth. Really cool to see the things that never made it, and how the whole RCT started. Is this kind of a hint that I should post less unneeded stuff like this? Just curious, but I would understand if you thought so.

@lucal92 - Thanks and glad you like the objects.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    No, I just wanted to show you some objects that didn't make it into the final game, in an attempt to show you the process that is behind an object that looks like RCT stuff ;)
  • render8%s's Photo
    Ahhh, lol, just messing, but I get what you're saying. That actually could prove to be some useful stuff for me. Thank you again for finding that. :)
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Does anybody know if there is a quarter tile version of the Jungle flower that is one tile and comes in the Jungle theme tab? Reason I ask is, if there isn't that would be cool to have ;). At least I would use it.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I don't think you can make it go to a default theme tab, but I'm pretty sure it (or something like it) was used in the PT2 and/or 3 benches...
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I like those trees with the red fruit. You should make all those thing colorable though. Also, I think the flowers would be best one tile high (if they aren't already) and without a dirt base so you can put your own underneath.

But I do applaud the effort and you seem to be good at 3d modelling, so I'm looking forward to what this could bring. I sort of want one more good looking big tree, like 2x2 tiles.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I think I just came up with a nice challenge for you =D

http://www.nedesigns...t-0#entry589118
  • render8%s's Photo
    You know, that's really funny you brought that up Casimir, because just the other day I was thinking of trying something like that, even if it would have been just for myself, because i wasn't sure if anyone really had a want for something like that.

Sounds like a good challenge now though. :)
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I'm thinking of just some kind of light to give certain areas of an dystopian-urban style park different "color moods". If that is somewhat logical ^^
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Looking good to me,make all flowers quarter tile though.
  • render8%s's Photo

I'm thinking of just some kind of light to give certain areas of an dystopian-urban style park different "color moods". If that is somewhat logical ^^

Well, I will certainly try and see what I can come up with. I'm just trying to start with small basic stuff, even though I know a lot of this stuff isn't in high demand only because I'm just not sure how advanced I can get YET as far as making new rides and cars and things of more advanced nature like that. Just taking baby steps, but I'm sure I'll get there sooner or later.

@RRP - I'll definitely work more on trying quarter tile stuff as it seems quarter tile stuff seems to be more in demand, if anything. A lot of this stuff has already changed since these screenshots as i've gone back and done a lot of remapping colors to try and fit the RCT colors better. Something I kind of overlooked when I first started doing these. Plus, a lot of these trees I've done I've gone back and made recolorable to, which was a bit of a tedious job in itself with all the finer details of some of the trees.
  • render8%s's Photo
    Moved to first Post - Animated Flag
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Looks pretty good, but I'm not a fan of how the animation is working... Maybe doubling the amount of frames or adding more wind (I assume you made the flag with a plane and a cloth simulator) would make the animation looks more interesting?

Keep up the good work, I find it quite amazing the time you devote to rct2. :)
  • render8%s's Photo
    Thanks lucas, and you're right, I probably shouldn't have been so lazy and did in a few more frames to give it a little more life. You're exactly right, it was all done using a plane and cloth simulator, and it was all originally about 200 frames, for a descent simulation, which just wasn't happening in the object editor. The problem I was having was trying to find a good looping point so the whole animation looped smoothly without an abrupt ending, if that makes sense.

I'll definitely do more in depth in the future now that I'm kind of getting more settled into a good workflow. As far as my time devoted to RCT2, I'm just doing what I've always wanted to do with this game, and now is the best time to get it all out of my system lol. Hopefully I can get enough stuff of my own made to actually get down to business building my own park too with all this stuff I do. ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading