Related Games / Project RCT3

• JKay%s's Photo
    Mantis's comment really hit home with me. I feel exactly the same about RCT3. The game seems to focus on coasters as opposed to architecture / theming which is why I still think RCT2 will appeal to me more. I'm also glad to see that iris will keep NE an "old shool" RCT site; as I feel that RCT3 doesn't artistically challenge the user enough to consider it a "showcase the best parks" worthy type of game anyway. Dont know if that made sense, ??? ...

Anyway, I'm not saying I dont like what you've done here Kevin, but I was way more excited about your RCT2 version of PoD and I think its a shame that you are throwing it away simply because of RCT3. JKay = :( :|''''
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    Bah, I don't know what to say...

I'll do something, to make you guys more happy about this.

:!!:
  • Richie%s's Photo
    How far are you Kevin? I only ask because i downloaded a park in rct3 today, and it went soo slow, and i have a pretty fast computer. Is it slow for you?
  • yyo%s's Photo
    Well, yeah. It looks fucking awesome. The atmosphere is unbelievable. I Think it looks better than the RCT2 version ever could have looked, but maybe that's me. I really don't give a shit about the differences of RCT1, 2, or 3. There all fine games, and even though I prefer LL, I can enjoy other parks. If Kevin wants to make POD in RCT3, I have no problem with it, it's his choice. And,

as I feel that RCT3 doesn't artistically challenge the user enough to consider it a "showcase the best parks" worthy type of game anyway. Dont know if that made sense

No, that didn't make any sense. Just because the game is in 3d doesn't meen all the "artistic challenge" of building a park is gone, which I don't think is the main ingredient of a "best park" . It's cool if you prefer RCT2, but building a great park like this in RCT3 is a lot more challanging in making it look good and original than in any of the other games. Now I'm done.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I think the only things RCT2 has over RCT3 are custom scenery (which we'll probably get at some point), some better original scenery (shrubs), trainers (also will probably get more of), and a much higher fps (which could be very bad in the long run). I think once custom scenery becomes possible, and we can do build through, there will be some awesome parks in RCT3. I don't see how else it would be worse than RCT2 (aside from some other minor things, such as how the scenery selection is set up).
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Iris, I'm not going to argue about your opinion because I respect it and you are entitled to it. However, you have talked about how your enthusiasm for the site and RCT-related stuff is declining. Why shun completely a new development in the game, which is already spurring on a wave of new creativity and spirit for the game series as a whole and should continue to do so for a long time coming - why discard it so quickly and make it forever null and void as far as additions to the site go?
    I agree with you that RCT3 has its disadvantages. I myself am not the greatest fan of it, and have not bought it yet. And if your objective is to try and milk the first two games for all they're worth by avoiding the distraction of the third, then I support that entirely. But I wouldn't go dismissing it permanently so quickly - permanently is the key word there. Starting to post RCT3 stuff in a few months' time, instead of now, wouldn't be a bad decision at all. I think it's worth it to get out of the first two games whatever can be gotten from them in the time before adding the third game to the mix. But it is a whole new game, dude - not some lame expansion packs like WW and TT that are just scenery - which in its (RCT3's) concept adds many new elements ( :) ) to the RCT-playing experience. Why not begin to add that in a few months' time, instead of shunning it forever?
  • iris%s's Photo
    The post I made has nothin to do with the lack of enthusiasm i have for the game. I just dont like rct3 really...it looks like some cartoon or something. The coasters are amazing no doubt but the theming and architecture i really dont like, so Im not gonna spend my money on something I dont like.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Well alrighty then.........I guess that ends my reign of contributions. I should also probably start thinking of places to "debut" Enchanted Kingdom (the thought of RCT2.com makes me cringe).

Or, I could just put it up for download on my soon to be launched personal RCT archive.

I think your park looks pretty cool Kevin. Some of it feels like you're trying to force RCT3 to be RCT2, which seems wrong. Nevertheless, keep churnin'.

Fuck that. I'll do all the graphics and make the write up and just have Iris do the posting if that's what it takes.

Besides, I'd like to think your $200 are worth more than just two Spotlights. :p

And anyway, Iris said the same thing about WW and then Tilted Acres won.... :D
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    ALright, I have made my decision on how PoD will be finished.

I decided to finish it....in RCT2.
    Yeah, I looked at the screens of the park and I admit, RCT3 does not give off the same atmoshpere at all.
    And I still do like to build in RCT2, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

But this park will be finished to, except this will be a completely different park, with some of the same themes from PoD, but some newer ones to (since the scenery is soo limited).

There is one problem though. I lost the most current file of the park. I didn't seem to save it when I got my computer reformatted. So I got to start from a version from 9-21-04. So my deadline for December may not be very possible...

Well, thats all I got to say right now, later.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    New Screens:

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT- Can someone just rename the topic to "Project RCT3"? Thanks.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    It's a river ride, right? :D

looks fucking awesome. I love the lighting.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    Wow.

Everything is great. Who said rct3 didn't have atmosphere?
    The only thing I don't like are those white poles. I think they're just reflecting light, but they're doing it a bit too brightly and it ruins the night feel.
    Everything else looks incredible.
  • Sparker9014%s's Photo
    HOLY SHIT

looks awsome i to cannt believe this is the regular scenery. one thing i dont like tohugh is the sun reflecting of the buildings looks good but still when it getsz to the point where you cant see the building then its a tad bit to much. anyway i REALLY like the way the parks goin so far keep it up.
  • The Rick 5%s's Photo
    Whatever that is in the background of the second pic (river ride or woodie or w/e) looks amazing the way it just looms over everything. BTW what is going on the the first pic? It looks like the building is falling apart.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    just name them both pod. i'm liking this better.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I love that first screen. Really atmospheric, and nice use of scenery to make it look ramshackle.

The second screen is good too... really not liking that path though.
  • Rage%s's Photo
    RCT3, in my opinion, has so much potential. You cant write it off so soon and from what im seeing some people are doing great things with it.

Anyway, I love all the screens Kevin but the very first screen needs more foilage on the hill. Its too bare for my liking.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    You souldn't write off RCT3 just because of screenshots. I've only played the demo and I can tell you that seeing it in the game is much better than seeing a 2D representation of it. We're used to LL and RCT2 which are 2D sprite based games. The screenshots you take are exactly what you see on the screen. Not so with 3D. The ability to see your park from any angle is a huge advantage. I don't know why architecture is such a big worry anyway. The architecture in LL was just as primitive. It took 4 years to get to what people can do today with that game. RCT2 is on it's own level because of custom scenery but many people still prefer to play LL anyway. I love coming up with new and interesting architecture, but it's not the only part of the game. The coasters and rides are what matter the most to me because they're interactive and RCT3 has great rides, even without the aid of hacking. Just like LL and RCT2, it's the parkmakers that make a game great from an NE standpoint, not the game itself. People elevated LL above it's source code and RCT2 as well. If enough people get on the RCT3 bandwagon and put their creative energy into seeing what it can do, they'll be some amazng advancements I guarantee. The game has some great potential. If you don't want to buy the game (and I can certainly understand that) that's one thing, but saying RCT3 will get no attention at this site because it's not as good as the other two games is a kind of self fulfilling prophecy. Give the parkmakers a chance to show you what it can do. This park, for example, looks fantastic. I'd love to see more of it. And flmscor's Disney recreation and Meretrix' awesome looking park. Just a little faith. We've come so far already.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Thankyou.
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    I'm not really digging the new screens much. The first one is okay, but I feel its lacks clarity and understanding. I can't quite make out what is going in the screen.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading