(Archive) Advertising District / Project Anarchy (Whoever has the latest version...

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Activity List:

Darkjanus
    AK
    Blitz
    Themeparkmaster
    DaBug
    Artist
    Steve

Ablaze
    Alchemist L7
    Blind Guardian
    Coaster Ed
    Drew
    Evil WME
    Fatha
    Gigaforce
    Gir
    Hobbes
    Iris
    JKay
    Loopy
    Magnus
    Mantis
    Master J
    Micool
    Midnight Aurora
    Mystery Mod
    Panic
    Phatage
    RCTFreak2000
    REspawn
    Richie
    Ride6
    Roberto Roboparks
    Sanctuary
    Scorchio
    Slob
    Thorpedo
    Toon
    TracidEdge
    Turtle
    Valp
    X-Sector
    Yyo

Names in italics have had a turn already.
    Names in red are on the queue.
    Name in green has the park now.

---------------------------------------------------
    I thought I'd throw this out there and see how much support I can get for it. I have this idea for a group park that kind of grows and morphs over time. Basically it works like this - one person starts the park however they want. Then after a week they send it to someone else who adds to it and then after a week they send it on. Nobody is allowed to delete anything, but you can add as much as you'd like. So you can leave a coaster unfinished if you want and let someone else finish it. There's no themes to go off of. No limits to what you can do. Some people may want to build in a realistic style and some people may want to go crazy. The idea is to keep adding in more and more detail and make it really dense. So the park isn't done when the space is filled, it's done when we think it looks worthy of being released.

So would anyone be interested in doing something like this? Personally I'd like to do it in LL cause it's a little bit simpler that way. We tried something like this once before and never got very far, but I think the problem there was that we were still treating it like a regular group park. This is more like an experiment. It doesn't have to look good. And it certainly won't look consistent. It'll be a cluttered mess, but an interesting mess. Like the old Hybris mega park or something.

I'd like to do this but only if I can get some other established builders to work on it. In theory it won't be much of a time commitment. You only get the park for one week at a time and then you pass it on. If you only have time to build one building in a week, that's fine. As long as you keep sending it on and the next person adds something, however big or small, it'll get done eventually. It may take a year. It may take longer. I don't care. It's not supposed to be anything stunning, what it will be is like one big doodle pad where lots of people have a hand in making it.

There are specific people I have in mind who I know would make this project worth doing. People like Grinch, Nate, mantis, RRP, X-Sector, micool, Toon, Phatage, blitz, Cork, WME, Iris (I still remember Troy :)), Posix, Butterfinger, Prince A, bokti, Twisted, Mortician, aero, roomraider, ride6, rctfreak2000, Hevydevy, yyo, gir, Loopy, themeparkmaster. Any other LL people (or onetime LL people). If even one or two of them would be interested in going a couple rounds and adding a few things to the mix I think it'd be worth doing. The more people get in on it, the less work it is for everyone else. Like roomy's Project Revolution. If you could find time to do a 15x15 micropark, you could find time to work on this.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Roomie's gonna kill you. It's pretty close (tho not exactly) to an idea he has! :lol:
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well, I don't care whose idea it is. It's not like it took a lot of effort to think it up. It's quite simple. I just want to get some people interested in doing it.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I'd be intrested, if I was any good at LL :'( .
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    This sounds like fun, I'll do it if you'll have me. :)
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I'll give it a shot.
  • REspawn%s's Photo
    I'd be glad to leave something unfinished for you. :p
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Im game.
  • iris%s's Photo
    If you get a lot of other big naems to do it, I think I could put together a little bit for it.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I'll give it a try, once I get another LL disk... :|''''
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    [font="times new roman"]the basic idea of this sounds cool.

i remember we did this in art once and i was really fun. (topic: surrealism; at that time such experiments were done pretty often)
    the only thing i'd suggest is that everybody gets the park twice or such. i just mean that it is sent arround more than once. that way people can add more to it. and it would also be nice if you see the park one week before you have to build. that waay people have time to think of what they want to build.

this really won't be a park in the end, though it might have some parkelements in it. it's as you already said more an experiment and the result could be some sort of abstract art or such. I really want to see this and the result of it.

though i'm not the best parkbuilder it would be fun for me to participate in this. LL won't be such a big problem for me, but rct2 would be nice aswell. it would be fun to see the result in both games. [/font]
  • Blind Guardian%s's Photo
    Count me in.

Oh yeah.

MfG
    BG

Edit: LL only for me.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    You can count on me
  • cg?%s's Photo
    So you want me to go out and find LL now too? Bastard! I mean, I have to see it (especially if you get everyone on your little "wishlist"), and it might be kind of cool to get involved. So, where's the first place I should look in my house for it? I know my mom found my CF disc recently, but I still need RCT and LL! Should ask her where she found it... Or maybe I could buy it like I did RCT2? Whatever.

Anyways, sounds cool, and such, which is shocking considering who came up with it...
  • yyo%s's Photo
    I'd love to.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I can't say no to Ed. A week here and there would be fun.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    I'll do it.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    I'll do it. LL for me as well.
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    Yeah, I'd be happy to help. That is, if you considder me qualifeid enough to participate. I mean, I haven't played LL for about two years...
  • trav%s's Photo

Yeah, I'd be happy to help. That is, if you considder me qualifeid enough to participate.

Ditto, maybe an rct2 one would be good as well.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading