(Archive) Advertising District / Project Anarchy (Whoever has the latest version...

• Ride6%s's Photo
    I must learn to say no to some of these things...

I'm in. :)

ride6
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    If I could get it as one of the last people to do it, sign me up.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    So here's the plan:

You can work on the park as many times as you'd like. The only restriction I'm going to make is that you can't work on it two weeks in a row. I'd like to keep it to one week at a time so we make sure the park keeps moving around.

Anyone who'd like to work on it is welcome. If somebody wants to do an RCT2 park too, that's fine with me. This one will be LL though.

Anyone who wants to work on this, send me a PM with your email address and I'll make a text file to include with the park. That way there'll never be a question about where to send it. I'd also like to try to keep this to the one file. If you need to make multiple copies to protect against error trappers, you can. But don't go sending out multiple versions to other people.

Please nobody do something stupid like filling half the map with water or trees. In fact, I think this would work better if people try to just do small sections at a time. You should be able to look at what's been done, assess what you want to add, and add it within a week. Part of the point is to keep it improvisational. If there's something you always wanted to do in a park though, you can do it here. It's not really going to be like a park when it's done, it'll be more like a collage. I think. Actually I don't know what it will look like when it's done, that's part of the fun of it.

cg, I have a LL disc I'm not using (I have two of them) so I could send it to you. Kumba sent it to me when all my stuff was in storage so I might as well pass on the favor. I can make a copy of my original RCT disc too so that should be all you need. Send me a PM with your address if you're interested.

We can use this topic to determine who will go next. I guess there should be some kind of a system. I don't want to make a list of the order because then it won't get to some people for months by which time they probably won't be able to work on it or something. We'll just have to figure it out week by week with the park going to whoever is ready to build. People who haven't built anything in the park yet would get priority over those that have. I imagine after a while it'll be down to a few people taking turns to finish it, but we'll see how it goes. As long as it keeps moving, it should be fun.

So I guess I should be the one to start it. I guess this'll be my week, so I'll build something (a couple of buildings or something) and then send it to somebody on next Monday.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Well, I don't care whose idea it is. It's not like it took a lot of effort to think it up. It's quite simple. I just want to get some people interested in doing it.

Twas a joke.

And make sure JKay gets it near last. If he gets it like in a week or two, the park will be done. :lol:
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Count me in.
  • jon%s's Photo

If somebody wants to do an RCT2 park too, that's fine with me.

That would be a good idea to have them both going at the same time. I might organise that if anyone is interested?
  • trav%s's Photo
    I'd be interested, Jon.
  • gir%s's Photo
    I'm definitely up for this.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I can go next week. :D

Or sooner if you like.

ride6_rct@yahoo.com

ride6
  • cg?%s's Photo

I'd be interested, Jon.

Me too!
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    send it to me sometime, ed :).
  • posix%s's Photo
    cg, you can get rct and ll from me as well if you like.
    ed, great job on getting so many people to do this. especially rare guys or those who'd usually play rct2 only.
    let's hope they catch some interest in ll again :)
    i must say i'm little uncertain about this though. i think it would work out, but i doubt it'd be fun for me. i usually don't like collabos much in general. i have to have everything set and i'm no good at adapting to others' theming.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

That would be a good idea to have them both going at the same time. I might organise that if anyone is interested?

I'd be up for RCT2.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I can't really play LL due to it being a large inconivunce with my computer set up, but if I could givein the rules id do a coaster called "Can't touch this" :lol: :D :lol: im so funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :|
  • jon%s's Photo
    PM me if you want to do an RCT2 one. I'll organise that. Ed's busy with the LL one. It'll be exactly the same concept but in RCT2.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I don't usually like collabos either Posix, that's why I thought of doing it this way. You don't really have time to perfect a theme or anything in a week so you just have to let go and let it become whatever it's going to become. And it's such a minimal time commitment that you don't have to worry about getting stuck on anything either. You just build a ride or a couple buildings and pass it on to someone else. Or maybe you just add to other people's buildings.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    This is what the stream-of-consciousness park was gonna be like - sounds cool.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Just a reminder. If you think you might want to work on this at some point, send me a PM with your email and I'll add you to the contact list.

So far I have - ride6, Themeparkmaster, Blind Guardian, Toon, yyo, tracidedge, mantis, Drew, JKay

Also, I think this'll be kind of anonymous. I don't plan on keeping track of the order or how many times people go. If you want to label rides you've made, that's fine, but I don't plan on doing that myself. And it's okay if your stuff isn't the best too. Somebody else will probably add to it and make it better. Or maybe worse? :)

Oh yeah, and if you have any special instructions like - not until it's 2/3 done or not until June, tell me that too and I'll put it in the file.
  • JKay%s's Photo

So far I have - ride6, Themeparkmaster, Blind Guardian, Toon, yyo, tracidedge, mantis, Drew

:'(

I should have another LL disk by the time i would get a chance to work on this....

And I promise not to go crazy and finish the whole park like Corky said....

**edit** PM sent Ed...
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Those are just the people who sent me PMs. Everyone who wants in is in. There's no limit to how many people can work on this. Like I said, the more people the better.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading