Pro Tour 2 / It Begins...

This topic hosts comments for 9 parks(View Parks)
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Bloody Hell!

Well, I guess I'll be reinstalling RCT2 on my computer.

Should be fun.....and I promise......NO DISNEY!!!
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Want a surprise?

If I enter, it will be RCT2.

He's lying, everyone.

Anyway. Good luck. I will enjoy watching since I don't bother to make shit in this game.

Actually, no he's not. BGSS seems to have exhausted him of LL ideas. :lol: :p

Um. No, he definitely is lying. He's building LL. I know because me and Fatha are tight like this.

You see how tight we are?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Jellybones is right, unless Fatha wants to actually win. :)
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Very good (and hard).. a good handful had there own individualiy and style to them... I believe my list would go somewhats:

1. Dental Valley, one of the most unique PT entries i have ever seen. Plus it had very strong 1.4 work and some good archy. I admit a few buildings werent to strong and the dive machines layout was lacking but besides those minor issues this is a great entry.

2. Thunderbird, I am not saying steve didnt deserve a spot, because i feel he deserves one more than all, and has earned it too, i just dont think he should have won this round compared to postits great entry. Still as always, this is quality steve work. Veru nicely detailed work and every thing. I fell in love with this entry instantly from looking at it. The atmosphere was great

3. The Woods, some strong work by Metro, though i know he could have done more to it. There really wasnt that much there to it. The concept is neat i must say and the theming was great.

4. Chiron vs Urinos, though i am not a fan of Master Jay's style in archy, this was a pretty good layout. The coaster it self rarely dueled and that was a bit of a downer, i am not to crazy about the side by side race unless it is a woodie

5. Jungle Explorer, the theming was lacking a bit, but this was a very strong split coaster that i really enjoyed watching. It also had a pretty good atmosphere as well

6.The Journey, I wasnt crazy about this.... was it completed or uncompleted or what? I do admit it had some nice merge work in it.

7. Hibbing State Park, Another enty i wasnt crazy about.. the archy was on the blocky side, and i just cant say i like this entry overall.

8. Extol, potentially great enty, unfinished, enough said.

*I left my entry out so i dont bias toward my entry instead of the others.. I personally was pleased with my entry. I admit however that it is a bit boring, and uncreative compared to the other entries ahead of mine. I am gonna definitely need to step up my LL work to another level in order to keep up with this RCT2 parks, or they will leave me in the dust just like the did in this contest.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Want a surprise?

If I enter, it will be RCT2.

He's lying, everyone.

Anyway. Good luck. I will enjoy watching since I don't bother to make shit in this game.

Actually, no he's not. BGSS seems to have exhausted him of LL ideas. :lol: :p

Um. No, he definitely is lying. He's building LL. I know because me and Fatha are tight like this.

You see how tight we are?

:lol:

Alright, but if he does go LL, at the rate the hacking takes, he won't be anywhere close to finishing by the deadline.
  • postit%s's Photo
    Took a look at half of the entries tonight. Will look at other half tomorrow night.

Chapelz-You weren't kidding when you said it was unfinished. It was a wooden coaster with some landscaping. No, what was there was pretty good, the layout was fun, there wasn't much to it, other than that, and some signs of future Gotheburg-ness.

Steve-Good job. You pulled off the somewhat complicated theme with ease, and your work is just so calm and tranquil and classy. The layout was just what I expected. Although I love the style, it's almost gotten to the point where I get the basic idea of your area, and I know what's coming. Regardless, I've been a huge fan for a while, and I can't wait to see what you can do in the big show.

Inversed-Nice LL debut. The coaster reminded me of a cross between Fire Dragon, and that wooden in PoM, with more twisted hills. The layout was unique, and was pretty cool. The foliage was a little strange, kind of turned me off a bit. I do think that you got a little too caught up with trying to add so much substance into the park, that you didn't theme the coaster like you could have. What was in there was very good, yet I can never really concentrate on LL architecture, it's not you, I guess I'm spoiled or something. Good job, man.

Levis-Whoa. Dude, you are becoming quite the hacker. The coaster(s) were nuts. Other than that and some annoying scenery ( :( ), there wasn't much substance to it. But still, I can see a Kumba-like future in you. Keep building.

Nice turnout from what I've seen. Excited to look at the other entries. Now I'll address a few things regarding my entry. It seems some people are a bit confused on some of the things in my park. Namely, the dive machine wasn't meant to be a ride, more of an idea converted to and displayed through a ride. Yes, you were supposed to be drilling through the gums and mouth, and the drop was the whole point. The rest of the layout was awful, and I am aware of that. I wasn't trying to build an interesting dive machine, rather express an idea using the dive machine. I guess I should have included a read-me, however posix said a while back to let the parkmaking do the talking, and I did. Like CoasterForce said, he was unsure on some of it, and so I'll do a little explaining. The supports were supposed to be mini toothbrushes bound together by floss. Yes, the poles are the shaft, the castle blocks the head, the double poles as the bristles, and the regular poles as floss connected to each other. Most of the buildings are like dentist offices and stuff. One of them is a toothpaste tasting attraction, inspired by the soda tasting thing in Epcot where you taste all of the foreign soda. Aw, anyways, if anyone has any comments or questions about all the crap in my park, I'll answer them. I'm too tired to deliver another one of my long explanation posts.
  • iris%s's Photo
    If its any consellation I went back and forth several times. I really wish you would have finished the minet rain cause then you would have gotten a bonus spot hands down.
  • postit%s's Photo
    Well, the only thing that prevented me from doing so was being out of town. Thanks though.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Steve,

For what it's worth, I liked your entry much better and think it should have won. Just because Dental Valley had more to look at doesn't make it better in my books.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    postit, you've definitely impressed me with your work during these prelims, coming out of nowhere it seems with some great work. You've got a bright future ahead of you, and don't let this slightly setback get you down. I think you've already got the respect of a lot of parkmakers around here, so keep on truckin' with it. ;)

Also, TO MAGNUS: Stop bothering me. I've done my part, so pestering me about it won't do anything anymore. :p
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I don't get why everyone's complaining anyway. Steve's entered virtually half of the prelims, he's a guaranteed quality entry. postit already said he would have had a hard time even entering anything.
  • Magnus%s's Photo

Also, TO MAGNUS: Stop bothering me.  I've done my part, so pestering me about it won't do anything anymore.  :p

wrong :p
    your job isn't finished yet.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Steve: The winner here for me too. Everything was just how I would expect from steve, elegant architecture with great detail, a beautiful layout and overall perfection in most aspects. Nothing stood out above your usual work, but it didn't have to, this was great

Postit: A shallow name for what was for me, a shallow entry. Original, but shallow. The main coaster didn't really seem to represent any dentist related thing, and unlike Root Canal, was not very clever in it's part in the dentist scene you portrayed. I liked the head that it went through, though it was kinda messy. I do commend you on the effort put into this, and some of the ideas you used, though i found it a little messy and shallow. A good idea that could have had much more too it in my opinion

Junya: Didn't enjoy this at all. The layouts were poor with no dueling sections. The loops and zero-g's were both out of time with each other. The theming was ok as I have come to expect from you, I've never really been a fan of your style. The architecture was monotonous and the landscaping was quite good.

Levis: A rather haphazard entry. Though the hacking was good, nothing else was in my opinion. The theming was very lacking and the coaster layouts were extremely awkward. Good attempt though.

Chapelz: Not much to see in this entry. Didn't particularly like the layout of the coaster, though what was there of the landscaping was good and I know that it would have been good if completed.

I'll look at the others when I have time.

Metro B)
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    42 parks! HOLY SHIT!
    this is to much... or to good ;)
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    ^ I doubt 42 parks... But damn. That would be a good month and a half.

I also recommend (my opinion entirely!), that the dollar amount for the prize gets raised. Just because, the entrant number is huge.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    My guess will be 25 parks...
    Still a good turn out if that's the case, as we got 23 entries last year...

SF
  • Kumba%s's Photo

I also recommend (my opinion entirely!), that the dollar amount for the prize gets raised. Just because, the entrant number is huge.

Insted maybe pay outs for the top 3, 5 or 10, hell last year getting in won you $5
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I don't think it should be for the money at all...
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well then if you win give it to me, I want money, money, dirty money, monry! :yikes:
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Kumba just wants to get laid.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading