Music Forum / Rock Or Rap?

Rock Or Rap?

• MudBlood%s's Photo
    I hate all does shitty rapers... but I also hate the freaky freaks.... not the diet freaks like me...

I voted null
  • trav%s's Photo

but I also hate the freaky freaks

Freaky Freaks?
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    He doesnt like the extremes of rock or rap
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo

I null voted. Don't like them both. I prefer Dutch Hardcore, Darkcore, Terror and Hardstyle.

Hardstyle = Posted Image

That music is a straight mind-fuck!
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Okay, so I checked out three songs from that Kayne West album. Gold Digger, Rose, and song #2 (dont remember the name).

I still don't get it. I didnt see any awesome beats, I just heard one that was the same throughout the whole song most of the time. Rose was average, but I didn't find anything I liked about the rest.

I'm not trying to be close minded, but I find it stupid to lie and say I like something just to say I like another type of music.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Gold Digger is awesome.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo

Okay, so I checked out three songs from that Kayne West album.  Gold Digger, Rose, and song #2 (dont remember the name).

I still don't get it.  I didnt see any awesome beats, I just heard one that was the same throughout the whole song most of the time.  Rose was average, but I didn't find anything I liked about the rest.

I'm not trying to be close minded, but I find it stupid to lie and say I like something just to say I like another type of music.

Nah, that's cool. At least you gave it a chance. I can't make you like rap, after all, but you took it with an open mind, which is more important than liking one or the other. Many are just going "I can't stand that shit, so I listen to the one I always have", which doesn't really work.

And BTW, you should still check out the song "Addiction". Never heard another song like it. B)
  • RMM%s's Photo

Oh dear Twista  ING SUCKS.

I don't understand how. Hes unique and thats what rap needs. Kanye West is different. Twista is different. It needs that and they gave it.

Overnight Celebrity
    Hope
    So y
    So y Chapter II
    Slow Jamz

They all good. I like his style.

I cant in cuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need help.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I definitely own more rock, but there is plenty of rap/hip-hop that I enjoy. Being 'old', I've seen rap grow from it early recording roots to something that now embodies elements from many other genres. I've particularly noticed a lot of jazz elements working their way into the mix, which is something I love to hear. My CD collection is probably as eclectic as anyone elses out there. I can think of very few genres where I can find nothing I enjoy....maybe death metal.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I prefer 'rock', probably because I've always enjoyed music that is more flowing and uplifting than rap is to me. Then again I really haven't heard all that much rap either, just what I have heard generally has a tendency to make me feel angry, which I get other ways whether I want to or not. Personally I like what I would be defined as "bright rock" and "indie" best along with some "classic rock" and early (pre 1980) "metal".

I think I like a lot of music, however I'm actually wrong in that since I really like music that could either be considered 'rock' or 'pop' in which case isn't very broad anyway. Even then I'm picky inside of that, for example I generally hate commercial pop music, however I love pop when it's truely heartfelt and true. Oh and I basically hate Emo and most of Punk because it's all the same.

ride6
  • SenZ%s's Photo

Hardstyle = Posted Image

That music is a straight mind-fuck!

If you that's mindfuck, you should try downloading some hardcore.

Try Ophidian - Angel :yup:
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    idm, experimental, breakcore, and some strains of progressive rock will ALWAYS be the biggest mindfucks as far as music goes. ;)
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    My fave new upcoming band would have to be Gizmachi. Listen to 'The Answer'.

Or, listen to DevilDriver's 'End of the Line'.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    But you know Spiderman, it's not like just listening to some songs by one artist qualifies you to say you don't like any rap. Someone could say "If you've never heard rock before, go download these three songs by Led Zeppelin". A lot of people don't like Led Zeppelin even if other people hold it up as the best of the best. Obviously there's a whole range of styles within any genre. Especially broad categories like "rock" and "rap" which aren't really genres anyway. And maybe you like parts of songs. There's a good chance someone else out there likes the same parts too and does something that emphasizes that style more. Not everyone likes Radiohead or Coldplay or Pink Floyd, etc. So maybe Kanye West doesn't do it for you. There's rap music out there that you probably would like. I don't know what it is, but if you keep listening to new things eventually you'll find it. I would just rather people say for example "I don't listen to much rap music, so I don't know if I would like it or not" instead of saying they hate all rap music. Because the more likely reason is that they just haven't bothered to look for rap music outside of what they would hear in TV commercials or on movie soundtracks or playing on the radio as someone drives by. And that really isn't any basis for determining whether or not you like a type of music. If you choose not to listen to rap music, that's fine. You probably can still die a happy man without ever listening to most of the good music in the world. It's not like essential or anything. But don't make yourself willfully ignorant. At least acknowledge that if you don't know much about something, you are the only person who can change that. And "rap" (or rock) is a broad enough category that practically everyone could find something they like if they actually made an effort to look for it. And that goes for everybody, I'm just using you as an example. ;)X
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

But you can tell the good rappers. That take time in their writings. And have a good melody and flow.

Uhh....

Jadakiss
    Nas
    Lloyd Banks
    Fabolous
    Tupac
    Nelly
    T.I.
    Game
    Twista
    Bun B
    Ludacris
    Kanye West

Thats some of the ones. Im not gonna download no rock but I can stand some of it til the point it just gets to screaming and yelling. They sound like they dieing. So I aint listen to most of it.

That's a list of good rappers? Are you serious?
    I'll give you Nas, Tupac, and Kanye, but the rest...that's terrible.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    I like Luda, but for some reason, he makes me laugh (but not at him).
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    You guys should check out Chamillionaire reppin us in Houston if you havent heard him yet. Hands down one of the top two or three rappers out there right now. I can send you some tracks on aim if you want a taste of his style (those of you who said they didnt like underground).

All about chopped and screwed...

BigFoot
  • RMM%s's Photo
    Yea that Chamillionare ft. Lil Fip. Turn it up.

Uhh... yea jadakiss gots some good rhymes. Why? was a good song. Lloyd banks has gotta good flow, Die One Day is aight... his flow as the beginning is. Fabolous is just fabolous... how not? Cant Let You Go, So Into You, Trade it All, Breathe. Nelly used to be good... Nanana is good. T.I. is provin himslef. Bun B is pretty much underground... the best at it too.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

But you know Spiderman, it's not like just listening to some songs by one artist qualifies you to say you don't like any rap. Someone could say "If you've never heard rock before, go download these three songs by Led Zeppelin". A lot of people don't like Led Zeppelin even if other people hold it up as the best of the best. Obviously there's a whole range of styles within any genre. Especially broad categories like "rock" and "rap" which aren't really genres anyway. And maybe you like parts of songs. There's a good chance someone else out there likes the same parts too and does something that emphasizes that style more. Not everyone likes Radiohead or Coldplay or Pink Floyd, etc. So maybe Kanye West doesn't do it for you. There's rap music out there that you probably would like. I don't know what it is, but if you keep listening to new things eventually you'll find it. I would just rather people say for example "I don't listen to much rap music, so I don't know if I would like it or not" instead of saying they hate all rap music. Because the more likely reason is that they just haven't bothered to look for rap music outside of what they would hear in TV commercials or on movie soundtracks or playing on the radio as someone drives by. And that really isn't any basis for determining whether or not you like a type of music. If you choose not to listen to rap music, that's fine. You probably can still die a happy man without ever listening to most of the good music in the world. It's not like essential or anything. But don't make yourself willfully ignorant. At least acknowledge that if you don't know much about something, you are the only person who can change that. And "rap" (or rock) is a broad enough category that practically everyone could find something they like if they actually made an effort to look for it. And that goes for everybody, I'm just using you as an example.  ;)X

But I like Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Radiohead AND Coldplay. hahahaha!

I love it when people ask what my favorite bands are and I go off about Metallica or Sabbath or something (which I like, but not as much as some others) then I'll switch to Coldplay, REM or U2. Man does that throw them off.

ride6
  • Scorchio%s's Photo

I hope that comments sarcastic or just a really poor joke.

No.

I'm more relating that comment to all the bullshit that I hear on the radio. I'm sure there's great rap music out there, I just haven't heard it, yet I'm not looking for it either. Rap is just boring to me.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading