Pro Tour 2 / Submitted Entries:

• Jazz%s's Photo
    Ya... I sort of agree with super rich here ... it just seems wrong how just because he made tons of entries for all of these prelims, he gets in, where as others who actually put effort and time into their prelim entries, don't get a shot. Or is it because he advertised a few buildings in his advertising topic and now he's in the contest.

Good luck nonetheless, I guess.

~Jazz~
  • trav%s's Photo

Ya... I sort of agree with super rich here ... it just seems wrong how just because he made tons of entries for all of these prelims, he gets in, where as others who actually put effort and time into their prelim entries, don't get a shot. Or is it because he advertised a few buildings in his advertising topic and now he's in the contest.
    ~Jazz~

View Post

Just 'cos you know I'll kick your ass.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

~Jazz~

View Post

He got in because he can PRODUCE. Unlike most people at this site.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

~Jazz~

View Post

dude. just because he didn't win doesn't mean he didn't put just as much, or more, effort in than everyone else.

anyways, yeah, good luck, trav.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I don't agree with trav being put in, but now that he's in, I want him to do well.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Why not let everyone in who wants a piece?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Yeah but what about Metro and Chapelz getting bonus spots, but now it does not seem like either will use their pass, so why not let Trav try after all his hard work? Also its not like he's getting as much time, so maybe look at that as his road block.
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    This is one of the most surprising things I would ever have expected from NE, at least in this case :lol: .

But, indeed I think Trav has done a lot of effort to come in, and even much more than some others who just came in because there was hardly any competition in their round of the prelims. So it seems not at all unjustified to let him in as well.

(How is that then for a lot of others who also did a lot of effort? Is the way open for them also.?Why not, I think, if it is no longer just the "luck" or "result" that counts but if the effort is taken into account :nod: )

Anyway, Trav, lots of succes and wish you all the best with this near impossible task. For how could we (or anyone) realistically compare the quality of your entry to all the other entries (hopefuly "all the other entries" when they come) of which the makers had such a lot of time to make them, while you have to make it in 3 weeks???

To really compare the results we must divide the quality/creativity of the other entries and the months they had available to make it by the time of your 3 weeks :lol: And as most of them already could not finish by the original deadline, for me you are a winner already if you dare to submit anything at all in such a short time (please do! :D )

Again Trav, lots of succes (and fun) with this.

Hope that now the rules are changed some others also still get their chance if they still want it (no self-interest this is, for I did not enter anything in the prelims, had not even thought of that)

Also fun and succes to all others that are still working on an entry
    :lol:
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Yeah. Not to be a psychoanalyst, but Iris hinted several times during the prelims that Trav was making a hell of a case for a bonus spot, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the reason Metro and Chapelz were chosen over him was that they could be relied on more at the time to make a solid contribution to the contest. Now that factor has been eliminated, and the case in regards to those three is the exact opposite.

The primary reason I vouched for allowing Trav in was that in the PT1 prelims, I posted an opinion, that I later realized was absolute bullshit, that DeanoSRS should have been allowed in bonus instead of Micool after submitting five prelim entries and getting second place twice or three times, an opinion born of a lack of appreciation for the LL entries in the prelims; and the powers that be were almost convinced. This time around there is a great deal more justification and I felt compelled to voice something, seeing as how this Pro Tour has been widely perceived so far as lacking in entries.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

Why the heck are people getting depressed now?? I can see the argument, but let's keep a few things in mind:

1. The due date is January 25th, not any earlier.
    2. This is a contest to see who can build the BEST parks.

Therefore, doesn't it make sense that people would spend every waking minute they have to work on the park before the due date?  Why send it in early, when there is ALWAYS something to improve?  And by the way, that last part is true.  Unless you are satisfied with EVERY single square of land in your park, then there is no reason to send an entry in this early.

View Post

People, please, listen to CF..

SF
  • iris%s's Photo

Why not let everyone in who wants a piece?

View Post

Because that's the whole point of the Pro Tour. I'm letting Trav in because neither person who got bonus prelim entries seems to be entering, and since many people could say trav got the short end of the stick back then anyway, I'll give him a shot. Besides, he's at a huge disadvantage having to start now. Jazz, I do not care about the screen in his thread, and to be honest...I haven't even seen it. That's just a stupid assumption. Honestly, I think it's more of the opposite, where YOU wouldn't have cared if he was in until you saw this supposed 'amazing' screen he posted.

He will continue to be the only one who gets a 'bonus' invitation because he's the only one who earned one through the prelims, unlike any other parkmaker in here who may have whined already about not getting one.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Dont worry Trav, I'll be waving your flag! I'd give anything to be able to enter this year, but alas, it wasnt to be. Still, I really do wish you the best of luck. Last years contest was like this, we only had a few entries in untill the final night of the dead line so Im not too worried. I do hope we get lots of entries though, this is NE's biggest contest ever, its a presigious prize so I'd feel lucky to even get a crack at it.

Do we have any idea who the judges will be yet? Hopefully we will have another Pyro *remenises* :bandit:
  • Metropole%s's Photo

but I believe the reason Metro and Chapelz were chosen over him was that they could be relied on more at the time to make a solid contribution to the contest. Now that factor has been eliminated, and the case in regards to those three is the exact opposite.

View Post

I don't believe that at all. As far as I can tell, the bonus spots are awarded to those who Iris believed excelled(sp?) above others in the preliminary rounds. That is...regardless of how likely they are to put in an entry for the actual contest. I hardly believe that Chapelz and I would be chosen as we can be relied upon more to enter...because I personally would rely on Trav to Enter over myself. I don't have the best memory, but I don't believe chapelz actually got in a totally complete entry...one I remember being totally incomplete. Iris chose him because what he had was quality.

As for the arguement that Trav got in because he put more or less effort in than anyone else. That's bullshit. Effort doesn't matter. It's the end result. If it was based on effor then Levis would have made it in. It's all about quality as the PT is supposed to be a contest for the Elite parkmaker.

Anyway, I was fully intending on entering, but when the bench was delayed (for reasons beyond anyone's control) it meant that I couldn't as I was going to University where I wouldn't have a computer. I do now have a computer but I wouldn't have been able to complete an entry because I only got it in December (before the deadline had been set, so I assumed an Xmas day deadline) and I have exams next week.

Apologies for any mistakes, no time to proof read.

Metro 8)
  • super rich%s's Photo
    So are you saying that one of them other bonus spots can not be awarded to someone else int the PT who put as much 'effort' and 'quality' into their prelim entry?
  • iris%s's Photo
    I'm saying that when I picked the two bonus spots, there were only three people who I was considering giving them to based on the prelims. Metro, Chapelz, and Trav. Since the other two aren't entering, and Cork was making a push to let Trav in, I decided it couldn't hurt. End of story.
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    I think trav should have been invited in the first place. It's a shame he didn't get the full amount time but I know he builds fast and will get something done by the deadline. Good luck!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Well, if the rest of you guys who think you're "worthy" or whatever and are mad that you're not in the PT2... how about submitting something for the site? Ya know... a park, or a Design? I mean... those work too, and you get your own page!
  • super rich%s's Photo
    I may just do that, sometime this year.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    good luck trav (he's gonna defeat you all :p ).
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    You know it mite sorta be a good sign only 2 entrys are in so far coz its gona result in stronger entrys if people take their time and try their hardest. I think this year we will end up with a better winner then last year, not as many entrys tho, maybe like 12-15.

Also yes the first sentance is coming from entry #1, but I just wanted it out of my way, ah you'll see soon ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading