Released / Insular Insomnia by Todd Lee & Mama Bear

• Metropole%s's Photo
    Nice screen Todd and Marjan. Looking forward to the park!
  • newk%s's Photo
    yay its back! how close is this to being finished?

anyway i like the screen, i would add maybe some benches or potted plants up on the balcony to give it some life. i like the abstract rooves also. nice work!
  • Jampri%s's Photo
    I like all that I've seen so far. My favorite screen by far however is the one of the wooden wild mouse. Very nice use of the 1/4 landblocks, and it just looks like something that would be built in real life. The 'rustic' type theme is exectued well in that screen also.

One thing I think that the last screen could use is a few quarter tile building blocks in order to maybe help break up the squarness of the buildings.

I'm looking forward to the download!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    He must have been up a pretty tall building to take that photo...wonder what it was?
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    ^Yeah. Albert is taller than I thought. I like everything in the screen except those grave statues at the top of the white building. They look strange too me.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo

He must have been up a pretty tall building to take that photo...wonder what it was?

View Post

I can only think of two explanations concerning the angle of the photo...

1. There are tall buildings in the area, this photo is taken in the city, so it's entirely possible that he was on or in a building.
    2. He may have been in a helicopter, (featured in the previous photo).

Albert isn't exactly coherent at the moment, so we can't seem to get any direct answers from him.
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    ^ Looking at the angle I should say he was on top of -what park staff call among themselves- "the wedding cake"!

dr Dirt, they are not grave statues! They are replica's of a famous Roman statue!!

One thing I think that the last screen could use is a few quarter tile building blocks in order to maybe help break up the squarness of the buildings.

You see only a fraction of both buildings, Jampri! You might feel different about it when you see them in total.

how close is this to being finished?

About 75%, newk.

I think you should continue the pink brick wall underneath the arches on the white building.

I tried that but took them away again! Felt it looked too "busy". We might look into again when we do the "finishing touches" though.

Are those pirate windows stacked or is it a new single object made of 2 windows?

Stacked, ride_exchanger! Unlike Toon's version, my version of the pirate windows
    doesn't have empty space either below or above so can be stacked easily.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Mama Bear

Edited by Mama Bear, 12 June 2006 - 03:01 PM.

• Todd Lee%s's Photo

I like all that I've seen so far.  My favorite screen by far however is the one of the wooden wild mouse.

View Post

The wild mine ride looks even better in person! ;)
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    I have a few beers in me right about now so those first few screenshots made me think the beer was really taking affect. But the pictures got clear when I scrolled down. Looks nice. :mantis:
  • rK_%s's Photo

I have a few beers in me right about now so those first few screenshots made me think the beer was really taking affect. But the pictures got clear when I scrolled down. Looks nice. :mantis:

View Post

It looks good, but common. Like a screen shot from 3-4 years ago. I still like it because it has an old school feel, but if you don't spice it up a bit, you'll get little downloads (I'm assuming you're trying for a NE Design?).

View Post

the screens are very nice, im just starting ti question the foliage in the fountain area in the last screen.

welcome back mike!
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Thanks for the responses, and nice to see you around Mike... :kiss:

Edited by Todd Lee, 16 June 2006 - 10:32 AM.

• lucas92%s's Photo
    I really like this screen. But where did you get that sand texture?
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    It's in the original game. It's just the plain sand texture.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

I really like this screen. But where did you get that sand texture?

View Post

yeah, it's just the regular sand. but it's sloped, and the angle the screen is at caused the "light" to reflect off the sand, making it seem brighter than normal.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    looks like a nice theme for a flume, just seems that the dark brown rooves take away the feel of that bright screen.
  • Xenon%s's Photo
    I think they add a nice contrast. Nice idea for a log flume.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Enjoy!

This is a cozy little restaurant, home of the finest and freshest seafood on the island!

Edited by Todd Lee, 19 June 2006 - 04:01 PM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    Very nice screen there, nothing bad to see of this park yet.
    -JDP
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Love the attention to detail, like the whole thing being on stilts, and the fishing nets. I'm looking forward to it.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    beautiful, one of the best screens i have ever seen in game.