Posted Image

Enjoy!

Todd
  • trav%s's Photo
    That looks extremely cool.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    not more then good...
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Agreed. A neat screen with an immersive, convincing theme. I love Asian themes when done properly like this.

That screen only REALLY makes me want to see more of this. Good job guys (and gals). :D

Edited by JKay, 17 May 2006 - 01:01 PM.

• PBJ%s's Photo
    ^ Mama bear is a Women ;)
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Honestly, in this fourm there has not been one bad screen really imo. But this... keeps it going. Excellent park you two.
    -JDP
  • Carl%s's Photo
    "Homework" is an important park of a good park, glad to see your are doing it.

Also, like I said over at the Mart, I really like those multiple greens on the roofs of that Side Friction screenie. Good job :D
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I love that last screen, it's hard to find new ways of using scenery, and not enough people take the time nowadays...
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    Thanks everyone! We're really glad you enjoy our work. Todd and I are having tremendous fun planning and building this park and it is good to find that it shows.

I reminded that we still owe you the third and last part of the history of the Island:

History of the Island: part 3

Near the end of the 19th century the Insomnia family started to turn the island into a tourist paradise. The mines were exhausted and on agricultural products alone, they could only make a meager living. Not to mention the fact that they became environmentally conscious and felt that they should start to protect the island’s beautiful nature both of land and of sea. They realized that they could add to their income by attracting rich tourists to the island.
    Right from the beginning the Insomnia family has been interested in roller coasters and amusement parks in general. The problem in those days was that most of the spare money went into building living accommodations for the tourists and only a little money was left for attractions. Yet they did manage to have several of them. The first coaster on the island actually was built in 1901!
    At the end of the 20th century during a restoration of the palace a secret room was found. Here they found many papers that belonged to the first Insomnia prince including a small casket. It was beautifully made, with peculiar hand carved markings around it. It was sealed shut, but there was no sign of a lock or key hole anywhere! The casket was so beautiful, they didn’t dare destroy it to see what was in it, but one evening when the recent living descendant of the prince was examining the beautiful inlays of the casket he by accident found the mechanism that opened the box. And inside was a detailed map and description of the treasure!!! It wasn’t a myth after all.
    It had been ingeniously hidden behind one of the falls!
    All of a sudden there was plenty of money, not only to build all the roller coasters they wanted but also the city Insomnular, a dream they have had for many years! To celebrate the discovery of the treasure, all of the old coasters and rides were refurbished and the oldest settlement was rebuilt as a tribute to the first Insomnia on the island. They also did a full restoration of all of the existing buildings. They even built ore cars that the island guest could ride in, transforming the old mines into a hair raising mine ride!

And so, in the end, money that was gained by piracy was used to entertain thousands and thousands!

To show you the diversity in styles in the park, here a screenshot of a building in the city Insomnular:
    The airport! It is actually located on the artifical island in the bay at the west side of the island (see map in first post)

Posted Image

Only helicopters can land on the island. The track will be made invisible, but we wait doing that until the park is finished.

Enjoy!

Mama Bear
  • Akasha%s's Photo
    It's real nice, but some things look weird. Like the building seems to float on the water, and that high lookout dinner table is inaccessible.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Those seagulls are actually kind of cool. Not sure how they'll look in-game, but creative nonetheless. Nice update Mama Bear.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Posted Image

You like?
  • vekoma9%s's Photo
    I like it. Nice.
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    The airport screen is the worst at the moment. Not very convincing. However everything else is look spectacular so far. Especially the oriental themed area.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I'm not too keen on the birds in the helicopter screen - are there birds just over that part of the park? They look a bit odd graphically anyway.
    The latest screen looks good with the little land blocks - I think they look great when used tastefully.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Not as good as your other ones, but yet its a nice screen. Nice use of land blocks as Mantis said. Very convinceing and outside station reasonable.
    -JDP
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    We'll, it may come as a shock to hear this, our photographer Albert Von Buieren has been injured in an accident on the Island. The Island Operations department aren't quite sure how it happened, but from all indications, it appears that Albert accidentally sat down on his own ice cream cone... slipped.. and fell of the park bench! He suffered a strain in his hind quarters, we think he fell on his wallet. :'( OUCH! He was taken to the Island hopital for observation. As the medics gathered all of Alberts belongings that were strewn about the pathway, and under the bench, they found a small photo that Albert had supposedly taken a few days before.
    Posted Image

Hopefully Albert will be feeling better soon, he has much to do before the park opens. Get well soon Albert! :(

Edited by Todd Lee, 07 June 2006 - 09:56 AM.

• Paradox%s's Photo
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very Creative!

Oh, and about the screen, AMAZING! :eek:

Edited by Paradox, 07 June 2006 - 11:20 AM.

• Carl%s's Photo
    I think you should continue the pink brick wall underneath the arches on the white building.

Are those pirate windows stacked or is it a new single object made of 2 windows?
  • trav%s's Photo
    Looks pretty decent. I can't wait to see that giga in game, it looks...fun to say the least.