(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Elegant Hills

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    dethaw, like "freeze"?

anywho, jdp, definitely an improvement. i think your structures could improve from having more than just two colors, though. and, in general, i prefer it if the trees and stuff like that are farther away from the path than right up against it. it makes it feel too closed in and not as comfortable as it could be.

edit- and those american flags seem a little superfluous.

Edited by tracidEdge, 08 August 2006 - 04:22 PM.

• RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Hey, that's better, there's definetly an improvement by you...
    I still think that the colors are a little boring, but you made a good job with details and building structures.
    The carroussel building is pretty good, although, if I were you, I'd get rid of the USA flags...as TE said, they look kinda superfluous. Also, I suggest changing the colors of the flowers on that building, for making them stand, so they'd create a more vivacious sight to the ride.
    Anyway, the park has a nice atmosphere so far; this is a good start. Keep going. :)

Edited by RCFanB&M, 08 August 2006 - 05:57 PM.

• lucas92%s's Photo
    I like the way you made the carousel. I can't comment much on the colors though...
  • Outlaw%s's Photo
    Hmm...in the first screen I would suggest flowers and shrubs next to the paths rather than trees right next to them. And the circle windows are something I can't stand when used by anyone, not just you. The carousel screen is very appealing for some reason. I like it, although I might change the color of the flowers to a yellow or something and see if that helps to break up the white.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Looks a lot better. Maybe work on the foliage (flowers mostly).
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Okay guys, just keeping you posted. Heres a shot of the midway. Grand Carousel Gift Shoppe- Frozen Custard and Coffee Creations- Midway Photos, "Hot Shot Photo's"...

Posted Image

Hope ya like it...
    -JDP
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Eh, don't really like the grey part of the roof that connects the buildings. Foliage could also use some work.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Much better. Now, work on the scale. The buildings are much too short, imo. The fences are too tall. And a little more thought in the architecture wouldn't go amiss.

-ACE
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Nice!
    This is much better...you've really improved. It can be better, but it's a very good start...I see you took into account every suggestion we made, I'm glad of that. The buildings show progress by you...they are more detailed, and you didn't make them very blocky...althoguh I'd like to see some taller buildings.
    Anyway, this is looking good so far. Keep going.

Edited by RCFanB&M, 17 August 2006 - 04:20 PM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    All right thanks guys. Here is another screen. Midway shot.

Posted Image

Enjoy... comment...
    -JDP
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Nice atmosphere :)

Nice!
    This is much better...you've really improved. It can be better, but it's a very good start...I see you took into account every suggestion we made, I'm glad of that. The buildings show progress by you...they are more detailed, and you didn't make them very blocky...althoguh I'd like to see some taller buildings.
    Anyway, this is looking good so far. Keep going.

The same...
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Very nice atmosphere there. The buildings look a bit too small, but the rest is coming along very nicely. I'd work on the mouse though if it's supposed to be a standard version. It looks too tall and compact from the view you've shown. But yeah, nice traditional atmosphere.
  • eman%s's Photo
    Your foliage needs serious help. Patterns can only get you so far....
    As for the buildings, you're making great improvement, keep it up. Just try to put more thought into everything, it all looks a bit rushed and unorganized. Still, overall, it looks pretty nice, and if you keep improving at this rate you'lll be making great parks in no time.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo

Your foliage needs serious help.

I forgot to comment on that. I agree with Eman...
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    I agree, your shrubery selection looks like you just did it all on a whim. Figure out what kind of environment your park is in, then do some image searches for that type of environment. Look, an instant example of what kind of trees to use!

Other then that, park's looking very nice. Keep it up.

Edited by disneylandian192, 18 August 2006 - 08:56 AM.

• sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    I think it looks very realistic.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Once again guys, thanks for the comments. All right, well today is my birthday so here's a screen... :party:

Roller Coaster: Adrenalin Rush
    Amusement Park: Elegant Hills
    Type: Steel - Inverted
    Make / Model: Intamin AG / Twisted Impulse Coaster
    Categories: LIM, Shuttle
    Lift / Launch System: LIM Launch Track
    Capacity: 1000 riders per hour

Length: 650'
    Height: 190'
    Inversions: 0
    Speed: 72 mph

Trains: Single train with 7 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 28 riders.
    Posted Image
    (Bottom left of the screen is the Adrenalin Rush gift shop and on the bottom of the screen is a building selling Candy Bars and Red Bull; two great ways to get an "Adrenalin Rush")

Cool thing about this coaster is that it can be seen as soon as entering the park. Guest look toward the left and see the 190'ft structure twisting into the clouds. Easy way for guest to get excited about a park.

All comments are welcome.
    -JDP

Edited by JDP, 29 August 2006 - 10:24 AM.

• postit%s's Photo
    :birthday:

Well let me be first to say that it's way too bright. Those colors would be fine as accents, but it is way too overpowering right now. Technically, though, it seems to be pretty sound, other than the foliage.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    omfg, dude. Tone it down.

Not even JKay could pull off that color scheme.

-ACE
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    I'm loving that color scheme. And I don't care that I'm the only other one here who does. It goes very well with the coaster and I wouldn't change a thing.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading