(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Elegant Hills

• tyandor%s's Photo
    Waaaay too bright! If I where you I would keep the colors for it's coaster and perhaps it's station, but really tone down the area around it! Also try a different color queue, since it looks quite ugly.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Ouch. Hurts my eyes.
    Tone it down and it will look nice. The station and queeue looks pretty realistic though.
  • eman%s's Photo
    The concept is good and your forms are pretty nice, but the colors and location of them= Yikes! IMO if you just replace part of that orange checkers area with some nice foliage or a fountain and get rid of the rest of the checkers (replace with path), it will counter the brightness and make for a much better atmosphere with the same concept still there.

Edited by eman, 22 August 2006 - 06:24 PM.

• RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Yeah...it's too bright.
    Anyway, the structures are well done, and I like the fact that you keep improving your skills. If I were you, I'd use less glass objects; I'd also change the bright orange paths...don't know, put something less eye-catching. You could also make grey supports for making the atmosphere look more like, "calm"...
    This is looking good so far, although I suggest making some modifications on the foliage, I still don't like it too much.
    Anyhow, you made a nice job. Keep going, and :birthday: (Yeah, I know it was yesterday)
  • JKay%s's Photo

Not even JKay could pull off that color scheme.

Heh.
    Probably true

That blue and orange clash badly. It lacks neutral tones too.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    For the sake of everyone's eyes and my own :| .

Posted Image

Hope it's better.
    -JDP
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Nope. I highly suggest changing the path to a neutral color. It just doesn't look good right now.
  • ~-ThuNdeR-~%s's Photo
    The queue line looks bad. It looks alot better than it did before though. I can tell you that much.
  • twister12%s's Photo
    i agree with changing the path color, and happy late birthday!
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    I still insist on grey supports...
  • RCT_Master%s's Photo
    First of all, Happy l8 b-day. 2nd, those colors still don't really look good. It's been said already but you should change the path to a neutral color. The red is hideous. Orange and blue might work on the coaster but the station needs help. The roof is way too bright, and idk about you, but I've never seen a multicolored roof. Make it 1 solid color, maybe white or something. Another thing, the roof looks way too big compared to the rest of the station. You need more support on the sides. I'd raise the roof and add some more walls, detail and support. And tone down the glass. (Bottom-right)

Otherwise you're off to a good start. Your new Midway looks great. Huge improvement from the first screens you posted. Keep up the good work. You got the idea, it's just applying it that's hard. ;)
  • JDP%s's Photo
    All right every one. I'm going to give you guys an update atleast every week (next tuesday). For now, the park has got a new coaster... Facts Below...

Roller Coaster: Vertical Venom
    Amusement Park: Elegant Hills
    Type: Steel - Sit Down
    Make / Model: Bolliger & Mabillard / Diving Machine
    Designer: Ingenieur Büro Stengel GmbH
    Capacity: 1400 riders per hour

Height: 100'
    Drop: 120'
    Inversions: 0
    Speed: 61 mph
    Duration: 1:15
    Max Vertical Angle: 90 Degrees
    G-Force: 4.5
    Elements: 120' Drop 50' ft Tunnel

Trains: 3 cars. Riders are arranged 6 across in 3 rows for a total of 18 riders per car.
    Trains: Riders must be 56" or taller to ride.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Over all shot of the park. Big Spaces? Hmm, whats going there?

Posted Image

Enjoy and Comment....
    -JDP
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    I like how its coming out. IMO, the only thing this park is missing is a big Intamin Hypercoaster streching across that blank spot :)
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Nice overview...
    The coaster looks good, altough I'd like to see more of the layout. I don't like too much the fact that you use too many glass objects, I mean, you should try using some other kind of walls; but I guess that in few rides, that won't hurt. I think that you could work a little bit more on the foliage, because it looks too simple. The last suggestion: vary on the paths you use, I guess it'd make the park look better.
    Anyway, you've improved a lot since your last work. Keep going.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I like the change of colors for the impulse. The two major issues I see with this park is the lack of detail in the architecture and theming and the foliage. Other than that it is pretty nice and really shows you improving at the game
  • Outlaw%s's Photo

The two major issues I see with this park is the lack of detail in the architecture ...one... and theming ...two... and the foliage. ...three...

Kidding, I know what you're trying to say.

Hrmm...

I don't like the black path, it blends in too much with the black buildings. The 'V' ideas are pretty cool, but I'm not too keen on the layout of the ride itself. I like swooping turns more than flat ones, so it may just be a pet peeve of mine. I vote to ditch the green footers, and I'm not sure about the overuse of the glass rooves. I like the layout of the paths, but some places are very wide and make your map look overpowered with pathing. Maybe break it up with some statues or flowers in the middle of the path, and line the edges of the path with flowers too in places. Right now it looks like mostly trees placed randomly. And I HATE that pale green tree you used. Stands out way too much in the overview. Architecture is blocky, but I cannot give you any tips there because I have yet to master RCT2 architecture, which is what prevents me from even attempting to play the game anymore. Frustrates the fuck out of me. I think that's about it, I'm glad you changed the red path from the impulse area to grey. Hope some of this helps, don't mean to sound too unsupportive, just giving my suggestions.

EDIT: On second thought, it may not be the fact that the paths are too wide, it may just be the way they come to corners at every turn. Try to make them alittle more curvy and see if it helps any. It may be a hassle but I think that's what is bothering me more about the overview screen than the fact that the paths are too wide. That, and that hideous pale green pointy tree.

Edited by Outlaw, 29 August 2006 - 11:32 PM.

• RCT_Master%s's Photo
    Nice coaster. It's looking good so far. The black path blends in too much with the building. I'd use gray or a mixture of gray and black. Also, the foliage is a bit scarce. I'd add some more trees and bushes near the station to make it look more full. Also, the support footers should be gray. It's more realistic and looks a lot better imo. Nice start. It just needs some fine tuning now.
  • JDP%s's Photo

I like how its coming out. IMO, the only thing this park is missing is a big Intamin Hypercoaster streching across that blank spot :)

Thanks... wait and see, just wait and see :evil:

Nice overview...
    The coaster looks good, altough I'd like to see more of the layout. I don't like too much the fact that you use too many glass objects, I mean, you should try using some other kind of walls; but I guess that in few rides, that won't hurt. I think that you could work a little bit more on the foliage, because it looks too simple. The last suggestion: vary on the paths you use, I guess it'd make the park look better.
    Anyway, you've improved a lot since your last work. Keep going.

Thanks about the overall view. Well thanks alot RCFANB&M, been alot of help lately. Well my foilage was said to be too much for my Gradual Alps Amusement Park project a while back. But whatever, ill just keep at it. I am also happy that you wanna see more of the coaster. That's why there will be a download. Just want to tease you for now.

I like the change of colors for the impulse. The two major issues I see with this park is the lack of detail in the architecture and theming and the foliage. Other than that it is pretty nice and really shows you improving at the game

Thanks man, I'm trying...

Kidding, I know what you're trying to say.

Hrmm...

I don't like the black path, it blends in too much with the black buildings. The 'V' ideas are pretty cool, but I'm not too keen on the layout of the ride itself. I like swooping turns more than flat ones, so it may just be a pet peeve of mine. I vote to ditch the green footers, and I'm not sure about the overuse of the glass rooves. I like the layout of the paths, but some places are very wide and make your map look overpowered with pathing. Maybe break it up with some statues or flowers in the middle of the path, and line the edges of the path with flowers too in places. Right now it looks like mostly trees placed randomly. And I HATE that pale green tree you used. Stands out way too much in the overview. Architecture is blocky, but I cannot give you any tips there because I have yet to master RCT2 architecture, which is what prevents me from even attempting to play the game anymore. Frustrates the fuck out of me. I think that's about it, I'm glad you changed the red path from the impulse area to grey. Hope some of this helps, don't mean to sound too unsupportive, just giving my suggestions.
    EDIT: On second thought, it may not be the fact that the paths are too wide, it may just be the way they come to corners at every turn. Try to make them alittle more curvy and see if it helps any. It may be a hassle but I think that's what is bothering me more about the overview screen than the fact that the paths are too wide. That, and that hideous pale green pointy tree.

Thanks, ^will take into consideration (sp?). As for the pointy light green tree goes, I used it so it wont be too dark of a "forrest" look for the park. But it;s the first time i am hearing it so im gonig to leave it the way it is.

Nice coaster. It's looking good so far. The black path blends in too much with the building. I'd use gray or a mixture of gray and black. Also, the foliage is a bit scarce. I'd add some more trees and bushes near the station to make it look more full. Also, the support footers should be gray. It's more realistic and looks a lot better imo. Nice start. It just needs some fine tuning now.

Okay, I will change color of the path and will change the colors of the footers. Thanks. The coaster is small, but it is only a dive machine. Thanks for your intrest.

Thanks everyone. More comments are always welcome! :nod:
    -JDP
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    I'm glad that my comments were helpful :)
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Well in the year 2000, Elegant hills was aiming for soming that the world has never seen before. Something so outa this world that when people lay eyes on it, they will have chills go up their spines. So EH called up S&S power. After deciding what to do, S&S came up with an idea. But they did not know how to executed properly. What they tried to do was have a cable under neath the track to pull the coaster back and then at the end of the car was a pice of machinery that pulled the coaster very slowly untill it hit Vertical. Then another cable will take the train. After such a sucess of Adrenalin Rush and people loving the fact of being vertical, EH wanted another vertical coaster. So with this being a great idea, EH decided to install this into the park. After the 250ft tower was built they added the small tubular track. The coaster was all ready to go. But here is the crazy thing about the coaster. It was a Stand-Up. So while being 250ft in the air standing up, you plunge to the ground hitting 85mph in seconds. But on the third test run, the tower cable snapped and when the the steel cable broke, it whipped and parts of the tower broke causing steel to fall out of the sky along with the train. EH and S&S we shocked and really had to rethink the idea. So EH just setteled with S&S for some S&S towers.
    Heres a shot of Towers of Terror (Red Shoots You UP/ Yellow Shoots You Down).
    Posted Image

But this is what it is going to look like for 2004. Here is a shot of Pedigree (since this did not go well till 2004 EH installed a B&M dive machine called Vertical Venom in 2001).
    Posted Image

Comment and enjoy...
    -JDP

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading