(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Elegant Hills

• RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Interesting idea...
    Anyway, I still don't like the fact that you use a lot of glass objects...for example: On a hot day, people that is under those glass rooves (queue line), would feel like in an oven.

Edited by RCFanB&M, 05 September 2006 - 09:12 PM.

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Try making the glass black, so it looks like they are tinted.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^Did do, thanks...

All right, I am almost done with the park... almost. Heres an up date that shows an area of the park called "Western Frontier". It contains a Log Flume, Tilt-A-Whril, Swing Inverted Ship, and A CCI Woodie. I think the woodie got really good and fits perfectly in the area i had to use...

Heres a few Screens.

Posted Image

Roller Coaster: Out Law
    Amusement Park: Elegant Hills
    Type: Wood
    Builder: Custom Coasters International, Inc.

Height: 110'
    Inversions: 0
    Speed: 57 mph
    Max Vertical Angle: 60 Degrees

Trains: 2 trains with 6 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 24 riders per train.
    (Tease of the layout)
    Posted Image

All right. This was finally decided, and S&S decided to launch you off (sit down). Then you fall back down to earth. Then a brake run that includes the station and then up a 100ft vertical hill. Max speed: 90 m.p.h. Hight: 275 ft. Max vertical angle: 95 Degrees... more on this later.
    Heres a picture for the 5 year project, "Pedigree".
    Posted Image

-JDP
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    1st Screen: The structure of the building is ok, but it looks kinda boring, because of the colors I guess. I suggest adding some different colors, I don't know, you could paint the windows yellow or white, you could also change the color of the shutters; I think that it'd look better. You should add more details to the building, because it's too simple.

2nd Screen: The coaster layout looks nice. I like how you worked the landscaping and the foliage, those bushes looks good; I guess that you've improved that.

3rd Screen: I don't like too much the supports you made for that coaster/ride, they make the ride look overloaded. There's too much white in the atmosphere, add some more colors.

Anyway, you're making a good job...I'm glad that you're finishing it. Keep going.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I actually really like that woodie layout. It's not often these days that someone comes up with a new woodie layout that actually looks good. I don't like the name for the other coaster, though.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo

I don't like the name for the other coaster

Oh...I forgot to mention that...
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    :lol:

Don't like the graphical effect of these wooden walls if being looked at from the side.
    But it isn't your fault...
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^Haha, cute...

Anyway, I got the name Pedigree for the ride after WWE super star HHH's finishing move. The whole concept of standing up and falling face first to the ground (well not really hiting the ground). Now since the ride has changed, the name will too. Was going say that in the next update, but it's okay. I just dont wanna here any more comments about the coaster name... it will be changed. Thanks guys for the comments... :-)
    -JDP
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    The ride system will be the same?
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Yeah, more on that next week...
    -JDP
  • eman%s's Photo
    Please if there is any justice in the world don't name your rides after anything WWE. I'm thinking that ride cries out for a name like Vertigo or Caduta (Fall in Italian) or something along those lines. Naming it after a WWE move would be a bad idea since A) Most people who go to Theme Parks aren't wrestling fans and B) When was the last time you saw a Theme Park make any WWE reference whatsoever. And C) Why the hell would a park named Elegant Hills have anything to do with wrestling.

As for the quality of the screens, they are mediocre. All of them are just "meh" screens. And those supports on the last one could be sooooooo much better.

Edited by eman, 13 September 2006 - 05:45 PM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    Its not "named" after it, its just the concept. Thats how I got the idea. So it's fine, besides it was never even open to the public (as said in perivous posts). But thanks for the comment eman.
    -JDP
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    I knew it you took my idea. I was just too slow with building it.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I think your skills have really developed JDP. While I find most of the screens only moderately interesting, I still think you've come along way and I'd like to see this park win RU or something.
  • posix%s's Photo
    i kinda see some moonlight magic in this. although i know well that chances are you've never seen that.

so, props.
  • JDP%s's Photo

I knew it you took my idea. I was just too slow with building it.

Uh, okay... thanks?

I think your skills have really developed JDP. While I find most of the screens only moderately interesting, I still think you've come along way and I'd like to see this park win RU or something.

Thanks JKay. Its always good to here that I have improved. RU, probably not, but hell that will be sweet. :nod:

i kinda see some moonlight magic in this. although i know well that chances are you've never seen that.

so, props.

^Nah, i never seen it, or herd of it. But i am guessing thats a good thing, so thanks alot. Nice to hear a good comment from a veteran at the site...

*Update tomarrow*
    -JDP
  • Stargazer%s's Photo

Uh, okay... thanks?
    Thanks JKay. Its always good to here that I have improved. RU, probably not, but hell that will be sweet. :nod:
    ^Nah, i never seen it, or herd of it. But i am guessing thats a good thing, so thanks alot. Nice to hear a good comment from a veteran at the site...

*Update tomarrow*
    -JDP

Moonlight Magic is a seminal LL park. If not the greatest of all time. So be very happy he said that.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Facts tomarrow...
    -JDP

Rides new name is Fulmination...
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Very creative monorail supports.

Oh, and I love that station. Nice and simple.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    ^It's interesting that you've picked up on those monorail supports, I personally think they're the worst part of the screen. Apart from those trees. I hate them. The station is lovely, and I like the wooden coaster bits as supports. I wouldn't have white flowers if the architecture is that white, put some colourful flowers in to liven it up a bit. Other than that, it's a very nice screen, and is taken very well. Framed nicely.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading