(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Elegant Hills

• Turtle%s's Photo
    That's just lazy.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Okay then... screw it, im going to work on it. Download will be next week. Im pretty sure i didnt get anyones hopes up with the download being today, but for everyone to enjoy the park more im redoing Project X. Its just that Vekoma Flyers are built on flat land, thats why its flat :| . Thanks...
    -JDP

Edited by JDP, 03 October 2006 - 07:18 AM.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Rocks would skip even easier on a curved surface, so I'm afraid your attempt at a humorous allusion fails miserably.

...?
    have you never done this before?
    it generally involves a rather flat-ish rock and some calm body of water.
    you don't skip rocks on curves.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    ^^Other than Project X, this park is looking rather nice. :)
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Okay guys, i'm sorry for the confusion but i just got done adding some hills, trees, and some grassy/dirt areas for Project X. Download is ready now. :evil:

Here is the over all last screen...
    Posted Image

And the download...
    http://www.bigupload.com/d=92C50CF4

I hope you guys enjoy this. Its nothing amazing, but its something to look at during h2h. Thanks for all comments and suggestions during this topic..
    -JDP
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Downloading it...but I'll make a comment later on this week, because I don't have many time to analyze well the whole park. (School)
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Looks good from the screen, although I haven't downloaded it just yet. One thing though. Where are the hills? :p
  • -MoNtU...%s's Photo
    Congrats on finishing it.. although I haven't downloaded it yet. Probably will when I find some spare time.. then I'll give a more complete comment.

Edited by -MoNtU..., 03 October 2006 - 07:15 PM.

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    I took a look at it, and I have to say, if this is your first park ever, congrats on finishing it and it's very impressive work for someone who is brand new to RCT2, especially if you've never played RCT1.

The land was very flat, which isn't bad, that's exactly how I used to build also. But since then I've learned to deal with heights and different levels of building...it's hard to get used to and adds a lot of time onto your total build time, but in the end, if executed well it works very well.

Your buildings are basic, but it's great that you took the thought to give them meaning and dimensions of some sort.

I'd recommend trying to work on the pathing, as to make it flow more with the scenary/land/foilage so it isn't so squared off.

Also work on your supporting...it honestly isn't very good and just akward. Try and get a feel for how different coaster designers do their coasters and try and emulate it, especially if you're going for realism, which it looks like you are.

Edited by geewhzz, 04 October 2006 - 12:50 PM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    ^Thanks a lot geewhzz. It means much man...
    -JDP
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    Yes, Gwazi was rght. This is Elegant 'Hills' bu I don't see any hills. I think there might be one back by the wood coaster, but I can't tell. The park looks okay overall, I don't like the use of the red or brown unrealistic paths, and there looks like there's too much paving in the center of the park and too much stuff along the outsides of the park.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    if you didnt bother downloading the park, then dont tell me this.
    -JDP
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Well, for a first park, this isn't bad.

You have the basics of park layout down - something that most people never get. Now you need to work for a more organic style, not all rigid corners and right angles. Work in some hills, streams, lakes, what have you.

Supports on the S&S coaster need some more thought. They are much too overdone. By its nature, support structures are designed to hold up the structure, nothing else. These were way in excess, and fairly ugly to boot.

Really, a bit more complexity, a bit more detail, and a more organic style, and I think you could become pretty good at this game.

-ACE
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    I can't download it. After I wait the thirty seconds and type the code, it brings me to a 'page can not be dipslayed' message.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^I dont know whats up man... Thanks for the comment ACE.
    -JDP
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    I liked the park JDP, truthfully, I wasn't expecting that...

Overall, it's a park whic has my approval :)

These are the things I'd have changed:

The Main Street: The buildings were kinda small and not really interesting, considering the scale of the park. At least you created a pleasant and vivacious atmosphere, so that's good.

The diving coaster: come on, you could have made something more complex...it was way too short. You also could have put some inversion element, I don't know, a loop or a dive loop or immelman.

Fulmination: I didn't like the supports, and the area where that coaster was placed, was kinda boring, basically because of the colors.

--------
    The foliage was better than what I expected, and one of the best things of the park is the woodie, it had a really nice layout. Also I liked tha paths layout, you made that well. The park had a pleasant and realistic atmosphere, so I guess you reached your goal.
    Anyway, this park shows a lot of improvement JDP and I think that you'll keep improving. Hope you do it as fast as now, congrats for your 2nd completed work of the season.

RCFanB&M
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Am I doing something wrong by getting this?
    Posted Image

Maybe its the alcohol
  • twister12%s's Photo
    ya, um, its not lettin me download it. its denying me to do it.

overview looks good though.
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Same here...it downloads to a temp folder...which I don't want.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    RcfanB&M- uhh, the dive machine is perfectly fine. Look at these two layouts. I actually think mine is longer.
    http://www.rcdb.com/id777.htm and http://www.rcdb.com/id1417.htm
    Besides i said it was made in 2001. It's just a bit newer. Diving machines are over rated in the game imo. I didnt want to do the normal dive loop or loop that everyone puts in, or the 2 minute long layout. Everyone just forgets about the realism. I think for its time, B&M would have came out with something like this. I didnt want to over do it.

everyone else- hmm, damn guys sorry. ill try and do another upload for ya's... thanks.
    -JDP

Edited by JDP, 07 October 2006 - 10:35 AM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading