(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Something tells me you're saying you want to challenge yourself but, the reality is that you're avoiding more intricate objects because you don't know how to use them to your advantage.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    I've been trying to put what pacific coaster said into more delicate words, but just ended up typing a lot, so, ^^^^^^^pacific got it down.

Furthermore I feel there is a little group of newer parkmakers all doing that. I think you should work with custom objects first to better understand how to exploit default ones.

FK
  • Liampie%s's Photo

That just seems pointless to me. We have almost a decade of RCT progress and u want to build using only outdated objects for...what?

1) Nostalgia
    2) Efficiency. Noticed how fast he works? Same as when I build with LL. If I were as fast with RCT2 as I am with LL I would've had ten spotlights by now.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

1) Nostalgia
    2) Efficiency. Noticed how fast he works? Same as when I build with LL. If I were as fast with RCT2 as I am with LL I would've had ten spotlights by now.

For example, I have 20 In-game years on a 150*150 park, and I am almost halfway.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    If you're not in a competition setting, why does speed matter? Part of the fun of parkmaking is really getting into a park and fleshing out ideas and really experiencing the actual construction of park elements; it helps them feel deeper and more interesting. Unless RCT is your actual job, efficiency should never surpass the creative experience of building a park.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

If you're not in a competition setting, why does speed matter? Part of the fun of parkmaking is really getting into a park and fleshing out ideas and really experiencing the actual construction of park elements; it helps them feel deeper and more interesting. Unless RCT is your actual job, efficiency should never surpass the creative experience of building a park.

Because I end up discouraged If it ends up taking me too long.

and just because I am doing it fast does not mean lack of quality.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    I don't buy nostalgia. I mean, when it comes down to it the parks everyone wows over are new, innovative, and fresh. Everyone gives a polite golf-clap to "memory-lane" type parks, and when they are being made by someone without the memories, it just seems odd.

Sure, efficiency, but I think most players feel its better to take the time with something brilliant than throw out something not. If u get bored building on something you either need to build more things, thus giving more variety to keep you from getting bored, or give up, cause this community favors perseverance.

I know I'm coming across harsh, but I think u could have a lot more skills if u move to custom scenery and more innovative building, rather than dwelling in in NCSO and nostalgia.

And I know Liam, LL, but if anything, H2H6 has shown new ideas are out their in LL, and they can win.

FK
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    ^ That's exactly what we were hoping to do with our season. Glad we succeeded, despite our less than stellar job in the polls (granted, two of our parks were unfinished and one was rushed, but still haha)
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    ^You guys have been exceLLent.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    I joined in 2009. My first inspirations were He Who Must Not be Named, RRP, and CedarPoint6. Parks from last H2H are nostalgic for me, not this archaic rubbish.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    To clear things, the main reason I do build in an older style is mostly due to I prefer older (2003/2004) parks over today's. Surely, an added benefit of speed can be helpful (and I did over-exaggerate being halfway with 20 years), but anyways I will still put the proper amount of work into something to truly finish it.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Why would any of you need to bash the guy's desire to use old objects? He's got nothing to prove or justify why he's doing it. It's his fucking choice and condescending on it is a fucking low thing to do.

I totally buy the nostalgia and efficiency arguments. How many of you have ever even finished half of a 150x150 solo park? Speed is important. For flow, for observing your own progress regularly, for being able to finish a project and getting proper feedback, for developing your routine and style, and perhaps also for just relaxing your mind after a day of work or school where you just want to enjoy building a park. It's not about squeezing that super precious drip of creativity essence out of your brain and put it into an uber-detailed wall facade that fills up 5x5 squares and took you 3 days to do for everyone here. Thankfully. And that isn't to say that Shotguns? stuff is bad. In my eyes it's far superior than most of the stuff I'm seeing as of late.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

Why would any of you need to bash the guy's desire to use old objects? He's got nothing to prove or justify why he's doing it. It's his fucking choice and condescending on it is a fucking low thing to do.

I totally buy the nostalgia and efficiency arguments. How many of you have ever even finished half of a 150x150 solo park? Speed is important. For flow, for observing your own progress regularly, for being able to finish a project and getting proper feedback, for developing your routine and style, and perhaps also for just relaxing your mind after a day of work or school where you just want to enjoy building a park. It's not about squeezing that super precious drip of creativity essence out of your brain and put it into an uber-detailed wall facade that fills up 5x5 squares and took you 3 days to do for everyone here. Thankfully. And that isn't to say that Shotguns? stuff is bad. In my eyes it's far superior than most of the stuff I'm seeing as of late.

I wish there was a like button
  • jusmith%s's Photo
    I agree with both sides, but I also think that good RCT will speak for itself, no matter the objects.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Trying my hand at 'realism'
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    You should do that more often. Lovely colours.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

You should do that more often. Lovely colours.

This.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I like everything but the purple doors.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Very nice trav.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    You're missing a few rails on those stairs, but I really enjoy that.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading