(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Don't tell me...
    Lightwater Valley? :D
  • trav%s's Photo
    Thanks guys. I hope everyone realises it's a recreation haha. Just something I'm doing to pass the time in between H2H shifts ;)

And you got it RCTMASTA. The layout is bloody difficult.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Ultimate is such big yet boring woody.Screen looks pretty accurate from what i remember
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Technically, it's a steel coaster. It just looks wooden because of the supports, like the redesigned Texas Giant.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Alright, when I meant doing a park with those certain objects is a challenge is because of the need to improvise to gain a certain effect.

Like, for example, using ladders as balcony supports

Attached Image: SCR2.png

Or using graveyard monuments as domes.

Attached Image: SCR3.png

(I tried to show as little as possible with these screes, so you know.)
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    If this is something you're really interested, I would encourage you to try playing some LL too. I think it will be right down your alley. Plus, we could really use some more LL around these parts.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Best work yet Trav, I'm really impressed.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Trav, that's some freaking good stuff. Good thing you have got time and inspiration in between shifts, 'cause this is worth it every bit. Some of your most enjoyable work, great detail and effective use of objects!

@Shotguns: Even though I like your solutions in some cases (those ladder balcony supports are magnificent for example) I think you should take into account that it should be a means rather than a goal. There's no speed difference between working with standard quarter tile roofs or grave monument roofs. If any, the monuments cost you more time because of the need to make them work with their environment. Nothing wrong with playing that style and making the choices you do, but I'd love to see what you're worth in a post-2010 bench for a change, even if it'd only be something small. Happen to be planning to do something like that, or just not your thing? (which would be a shame really)
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I went through this process myself recently. I cannot build on the H2H6 bench for the life of me. It feels like 90% details and 10% actual usable objects. So I found a comfort zone around the old modified PT3 benches. Might work my way up in the future, but for now I just can't wrap my head around how to use the pieces.

That said, I very much agree with disneylandian, try LL. You're practically building LL in RCT2 as it is, and I think the atmosphere will perhaps work better if you just embrace it completely.
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    here are some beautiful new pictures of my current project,
    In the 2nd image is a black hole, can someone fix it for me? (PM me)
    Tips and tricks are welcome!

Posted Image
    You can see the station from the wooden roller coaster and a photo stand.

Posted Image
    Black hole in the middle of the ice.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I like the adventure-ish tower part of the Blue coaster's station. Other than that, kinda boring for me. Can't help you with the black hole problem, sorry.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Those screens have so much more feeling than anything in pinehills.
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    finaly someone thinks the same like me! !!:D
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I like the woodie's station, but it seems to have no queue? I really like the colors of the foliage, but the bamboo does not fit at all. Also, the supports on that blue coaster seem to be doubled-up somehow? I'm not sure what effect you were going for there, it makes them look lopsided. Other structures look really good.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    I love how you build everything on such a smaller scale. Its weird, but I like it.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Its not much.

Posted Image
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Very nice.
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo
    Nicely exicuted
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    executed*

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading