(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    That is so cool Roomie!
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I think it looks fantastic. But I can't figure out the scale. Is the whole picture supposed to be 1/2 scale? (When compared to RCT-scale)
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Some more NCSCO, no-trainer work on the Magic Mountain scenario from me, just to show I'm still alive. The station of a rapids ride where 'Superman: Escape from Krypton' is/was normally located. I'm afraid it's unfinished. Comments/criticism welcome as always:

'Do not listen to her song,
    Her gentle, haunting cry,
    She wants you dashed upon the rocks,
    The wicked Lorelei.'

Posted Image

Lovely composition. This is very nice stuff.

if I had to put my finger on why I like it so much, I'd say that it demonstrates how NCSO bridges the gap between LL and modern RCT2 construction.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Yeah I really like the main body of that castle. The big wall with the towers looks great.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    That is beautiful ar2910. I bet posix approves.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo

Yeah I really like the main body of that castle. The big wall with the towers looks great.

• Wicksteed%s's Photo

Lovely composition. This is very nice stuff.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

i like things

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    things are pretty much the greatest, yeah
  • csw%s's Photo

I really like the structure itself, I feel like it gives something along the lines of what you said you were going for. I don't like the roof however, it seems messier than the rest of it.

I agree with this, the roof is a little conspicuous. I also noticed that there are no doors on the building in the front and center :|/>/> how're the peeps gonna get to work?! But overall, it looks great.

Here's a small piece of my own work.
  • MCI%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Though, yes, it is an improvement to your norm, I still find it uninspired. Truth is, NCSO is a far harder way to go than CS, and as I've seen your efforts in that, I think you should focus on that.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I personally think you can do way better, MCI. It feels a bit forced, sometimes random and uninspired.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Posted Image

That's better than your usual stuff, it has more of a themepark feel.

Still room for improvement though. How's this? Just working with what you have in the screen.

Attached Image: kfykshdcslt.PNG

Most important improvement is the removal of the horrible planter in the middle and the distracting and even nonsensical path mix.

In the entrance/exit building, I moved the columns around so that there's exactly one tile between two columns, plus they aligh with the signs. I made the arches align as well, and lastly I added some random decoration to the roof.You now have both horizontal and vertical lines in your building.

I thought the tower on the left was slightly too high so I lowered it. Still not ideal but I was working in paint, plus it's your screen and it'd be rude to completely change it. :p

Lastly, I swapped the tops of those other two towers. The green building was alright and I really like the balconies, but to have those balconies I felt that the building had one floor too many, or the balconie should've covered two floors. Moreover I think the roof in my version makes the building more cohesive, in terms of shape, colour and texture.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    I got a bit bored of Condor, so I did this today:

Attached Image: ncso4lyfe.png

(100% NCSO, promise)
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I like it more than Condor
  • nin%s's Photo
    Nice use of rapids track. Looks promising.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

I like it more than Condor

This was my first thought. This looks really good, but I still think Condor is strong. I hope you turn this into a full park or at least do SOMETHING with it.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I like that a ton, Shotguns. I'd love to see that expanded upon. Love that color scheme.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

I'd love to see that expanded upon.

You mean, like this? :woot:

Attached Image: swag.png

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading