(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Foliage under the coaster depends on what you're trying to tell us about the ride. Been there a while? trees, bushes, grass. Brand new? dirt, maybe a few weeds. Depending on where the park falls on the spectrum of "how much we care about theming," maybe gardens, fountains, theming elements.

I rather like the layout, regardless of what colors or theming you go with.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    I think it's a fallacy of mine to think of something either 'themed' or 'generic' whilst building, and not to recognize the gray area in which most of all parks fit into.

The station is around 75% finished so there are the final details and clean-ups are coming.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    I like the colors but the station is too fat and blocky.
  • gir%s's Photo
    Ehh the colors aren't very harmonious. It's really hard to comment on whether or not this station and queue works without having any context as to what the landscaping, foliage, and other thematic elements are. Can I suggest showing a more complete screen?
  • csw%s's Photo
    I think the tan in the station is throwing me off. It would look better with a darker color, perhaps darker brown or just black.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    I really like it. And the colors are awesome.
    Keep going with this buddy.

I think it needs more context to accurately give stronger feedback. But you're off to a great start. Now finish something!
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

I really like it. And the colors are awesome.
    Keep going with this buddy.

I think it needs more context to accurately give stronger feedback. But you're off to a great start. Now finish something!

speaking of RCT projects that may or may not involve you... :kiss:

I did not forget.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I like the colours of the queue building and the queue building really is lovely. But then the colours just don't work on the station.

Change the station colours to harmonise those of the queue building and you're onto something.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • posix%s's Photo
    Is there really no better roof object in RCT2? Even in NSCO (which I assume this is)?

Trackitecture in RCTLL was wrong most of the time in my opinion. In RCT2 is just seems totally inappropriate.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Is there really no better roof object in RCT2? Even in NSCO (which I assume this is)?

Trackitecture in RCTLL was wrong most of the time in my opinion. In RCT2 is just seems totally inappropriate.

There are no colorable ones, pos, which is why i used track. I think I remidied some of the 'tracky' look by doubling up the wooden track over each other.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That's a lot better shogo <3

really pretty <3
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    work in progress...

Posted Image
    Jurassic Park: River Adventure - Universal Studios Hollywood
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    lew you dog
  • Greatcoaster%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

Some pics from older project(NCSO, but with CSO paths and supports)
    good enough to continue the work?

@Louis: good work, nice theming
    @shotgun: the roof above the q Looks nice, but the giant stationroof only Looks like a huge chunk, the rest is quite good
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Some great screens recently. Love that crazy element Greatcoaster.
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • posix%s's Photo
    Wow Louis, much cleaner hacking from you. Perhaps the best screen you've posted. I'm very intrigued. Theming for a ride like that is hard to pull off. You've captured the Jurassic feel in an innovative and yet authentic way. Very good!

Greatcoaster, I feel as though all German beginner players put a middle stripe path inside their triple wides. I think it's terrible. Almost like a skunk affair. Please consider changing it.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Posix, I'm not using codex as much, that might be why. Im only using it to stack a few things and when it is easier to clone objects to save time. So it does result in a much cleaner look, but still feels my own style. Thanks for the kind words :) means a lot coming from you

And reposting because I can :)

work in progress...

Posted Image
    Jurassic Park: River Adventure - Universal Studios Hollywood

• Luketh%s's Photo
    Gijssie, dude. I love just about anything you post. I don't really know why, either.. I just like it. :)

I can tell you that I like the SLC's colors.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading