(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• Top Gun%s's Photo
    Live, just copy and paste the direct link of the picture, highlight the link, and click the insert image button.

That may help you get a few more comments as people do not care to download each picure one-by-one.
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    K,but any comment on the new pics?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    LOAS, the path layout sucks really, really hard. take a look at google earth and other maps to identify realistic features of paths/roads and make them seem more lifelike and aesthetic.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I agree with Sammy, but it's not bad otherwise.

The 'architecture' needs more depth.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    Attached Image: JZ-RAPIDS.gif
    A new park I just now started.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Now that’s what I'm talking about! Firstly great, intricate landscaping with small touches added here and there through the walls up the path to appear very believable. I like the object you've created but I still feel it needs a few touches to the curve to seem more believable as the shape of the texture seems warped. The foliage is basic RCT foliage so perhaps add a few more plants in there. Good change in land textures too.

This is where you need to be at Zia, I know it's essentially a few pools with landscaping and foliage but it's the overall finish that impresses me here. Now to step it up start to add a few theme/amusement park characteristics to this like park maps, eateries and stalls to start to build upon this great screen.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I agree, that actually is pretty decent.

I did the coaster station:
    Posted Image
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    Thanks J K! That's actually the nicest comment I've heard directed at me out of everything I've heard on the site. That really encourages me to get more done with this.

@jag, love the station--it's pretty cool.
  • J K%s's Photo
    That seems a lot more realistic than your past work. I think you and Zia are the 'annoying little brothers' of NE that people like to bash. However keep producing stuff like this and you guys will show that you can hang with the good players as both are real good screens.
  • Colorado-Fan%s's Photo
    @jag: Do I look right or is this the copro that YK and I did a long time ago? It would have been really nice if someone had asked me if it's okay to keep on building this park.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

@jag: Do I look right or is this the copro that YK and I did a long time ago? It would have been really nice if someone had asked me if it's okay to keep on building this park.

It's Phantasia World Tour, yes and I had permission from Turbin3 to dig this up and finish it.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    It's nice but the color transitions are way too quick. And the buildings don't have much of an idenity of their own. But it's a huge step up!
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    More stuff from my Liseberg rec attempt, this here is the station for Kållerado. I won't be totally fanatic when it comes to the recreating, I'll try to convey the idea of course but I won't put too much energy in making stuff look exactly the same as they do IRL. Some stuff are quite spot on though. This isn't too far away from the actual thing:

Posted Image

Unfinished. It's supposed to have a rotating station, but that's one level of ambitiousness beyond of what I'm prepared to have.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    The tin roofs don't look good with the wooden roofing, at least fix the part where there are 3 tin roofs touching. I think the screen is decent though.
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    IRL it's just tin roofing all over actually, but I felt that it would be too overpowering, plus I wanted a more "timbry/woody" feel. I'll see what I can do though.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    JoeZia: I really like that. The foliage can certainly be improved, but the attention to detail with the small creek and the rocky banks is pretty outstanding. If you spend enough time and pay enough attention to detail in the rest of your work as you did with that, you'll be really good. Keep going!!!
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I completely agree with everything robbie just said. Keep going!!!
  • turbin3%s's Photo

My name is not YK and I gave him the permission to build on it...I told you on ICQ, i think. :p
  • Roomie%s's Photo

sweeeeet ' roto-drop ' support XD Posted Image

It took me ages to twig what was going on here.. Then i noticed the footers. Genius. And something i will certainly be trying myself :)

VERY nicely done
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    tbh split, it doesn't really hold much aesthetic value in my eyes.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading