(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• robbie92%s's Photo
    ^Haha, yes. Journee needs an accent aigu as well, but I don't know how to type accents on NE.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Fucking brilliant...
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    Wow, neat idea with the moon phases (?). It all looks fabulous, but I am not the biggest fan of the foliage. I also miss some path objects. Other than that, awesome.
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    nice really want to see more!!
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Wow Robbie, that's very impressive. I especially love the round entrance and the brilliant shop buildings. The paths and the moon symbols are really cool too. The only thing I dislike is the big weird tree in the top right. Besides, it's 'une bonne journée', feminine. ;)
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    I adore the colors in that screen.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Holy shit. Best screen of the year so far. I literally looked like this for a minute: :X Kumba's awning object has never looked this good. The moon phases are so fucking brilliant. And the overall colour scheme; so warm. My only complaint is the tree in the top right corner... I don't know why everyone seems to use that object these days because it's beyond shit.
  • musicman%s's Photo
    I can see that my timing is quite flawless. :)
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    Jesus. :eek:
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I can see that my timing is quite flawless. :)

Sorry, I can't help you with the codex+vista trouble...

As for the building in it's current state, I don't really like it. The building has no shape. I'd say scrap the entire grey part in the front or make it a lot smaller (only leave the back 2x2 part?). At least cut the tower, because it stands out in a bad way. The basic station roof with just the brown path looks pretty good in its simplicity, you don't have to hide it.

I like the tunnel on the left. :)

Do you use other parks for inspiration? For architecture I recommend any work by Natelox, x-sector, late Ozone, late Coaster Ed and Loopy. Especially the first two.
  • wildroller%s's Photo
    Well, I'm glad I waited to post this screen, made some major changes to the red coaster over the last hour or two. This is pretty much the start of a park that will hopefully be my first release here. I'm also posting as I would like feedback on the 3 layouts in this screen.

The red coaster is inspired by Cheekita @ Busch Gardens, with 4 launches and running 5 trains. There is a dueling moment between the trains on the 2 identical bunny hops. The ride is also going to feature 6 tunnels.

And the other two, inspired by BattleStar Galactica @ Universal Studios Singapore, features a racing floorless and invert with 4 and 6 inversions and around 8 dueling moments, 3 on the cobra roll/helix.

I'm probably gonna post a thread in a day or two once the entrance area is closer to completion. Feedback on the layouts would be awesome!

Click the screen to enlarge and get a detailed view!

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: SCR40.JPG
  • StormRunnerFan%s's Photo
    It's beautiful robbie. Better then what I have going.

Posted Image

unfinished of course
    -Storm
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    Mindraping.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Love it.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    So much Disney Awesomeness this Page!
    Hey Robbie-Looking again I do have some minor tidbits I'd fix, and its those planters. I have just always seen them as being concrete footers, they just dont look all that great tbh. Disney would put hours just into making planters, I think you should do something a bit more detailed on those to represent that.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    brilliant page.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Robbie, that's the best screen i've seen ever, I think. It is so warm and inviting.

There's too much Disney going on at the moment!
  • JDP%s's Photo
    damnn rob. thats dope
    -JDP
  • musicman%s's Photo
    Improvement?

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: SCR19.jpg
  • posix%s's Photo
    robbie, holy shit ... you keep developing your style, it's so amazing.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading