Pro Tour 3 / PT3 Screens

• Ride6%s's Photo
    Wow... Kumba finally discovered how to use colors to his advantage. The simpler style isn't terribly becoming of you though, or at least not fitting of your reputation. But it's certainly a nice parking garage.

Oh and RCTNW & GeeWhzzz.

Ride6
  • Milo%s's Photo
    lol some proper road lines and such might have been a smart addition to the bench, especially after all the mess about which objects were going on...

anyway, it's a good screen and I really like the general form of it with all the clean lines and such... although coming from you it's a little odd =P

@egg, my blank map will always be better than yours :p
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Anyway, nice screen Kumba, your parking lot has strangely the same size as your hotel in your big solo... :p
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    The screen is zoomed in all the way, just I resized it. And Lloyd got it, RCTNW it is :)

Also I intend to add the road lines that CP6 requested because the deco piece is not looking as good as it would.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

Posted Image

been working very hard....
    oh and nice screen lucas... as it was loading I wasn't sure if the top bit was even possible in rct due to the colors... looks nice although in all honesty the foliage is a bit too normal... kinda messes with the feeling of the rest of the screen if you ask me....

Wow, I don't know if I can compete with that...

Also, nice screen Kumba, but I still like Fisch's.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    to zodiac: Here are some fantastic examples.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    ^Shut uuuuuuuuuupp.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Christ Grinch, that's amazing! It seems unfair to pick out just one detail to comment on, but what you've done there with the walkway and railings is really cool. Amazing that after all this time people keep coming up with things I haven't seen before. I love the direction RCT is going with Xcoaster and Kumba's spotlight and this stuff right here. Uber-detail to the max. Kinda makes me want to get back to work myself. And I can't think of a better compliment than that. :)
  • Levis%s's Photo

all zoomed in?

ever considered using a diffrend resolution when you take a screen ?
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    ED, glad you like it. Im truly pleased as you are one of the parkmakers I feel that "get it" so to speak.
  • posix%s's Photo
    lol
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    i'm wondering what exactly you 'get' when you decide to make a drug park.

I'm really worried all of the areas will look very similar, since they're all 'forest' and then themed to some vague experience you apparantly had when using shrooms/weed/xtc. So you'll theme an area to being happy and energetic? Will it be located inside a night club? Will one area be paranoid or just relaxed? And are you able to hallucinate in the one of the areas? And whatever happened to good old alcohol?

It really is an idea that doesn't work, but good luck with it.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Well, I think it's certainly an interesting theme..
    There are a lot of 'little things' that can be done with this theme, and if someone is able to pull it off it's fatha'

I get your point though, wme, and I'm really interested to see how fatha' is able to pull it off..

SF
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I like the signs under the bow. The rest is *meh* for me, sorry.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Gwazi restarted again? Uh... no offense, but will you even be able to get something done?
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    ^Sorry, scratch that. I was thinking of Zodiac. I apologize to both Gwazi and Zodiac. :(
  • Fatha'%s's Photo

i'm wondering what exactly you 'get' when you decide to make a drug park.

I'm really worried all of the areas will look very similar, since they're all 'forest' and then themed to some vague experience you apparantly had when using shrooms/weed/xtc. So you'll theme an area to being happy and energetic? Will it be located inside a night club? Will one area be paranoid or just relaxed? And are you able to hallucinate in the one of the areas? And whatever happened to good old alcohol?

It really is an idea that doesn't work, but good luck with it.

Well its fairly obvious since i already told you that im basing the areas off drug trips, that yes, the E area will be happy & energetic, the shrooms area will be halucinogenic, and the weed area will be comical and funny. You can pretty much assume that those words describe the atmospheres, and to even make it more crystal clear Ill summarize them for you (again really doesn't matter because the end result will be something u wont expect).

E Area: Euphoria/Energy
    Shroom Area: Perception Shifting/Hallucinogenic
    Weed Area: Comical/Relaxed

The base theme of the park is a large forest with 4 different areas regarding the nature of different drugs....its like making a Latin themed park (All areas will have a base latin flavor, but each area will be vastly different in terms of feel and visuals). The same thing applies here. I didn't even consider alchohol because its quite frankly a sloppy substance, and really wouldn't translate well into RCT. In addition, xtc gives you a similar high (albiet much more amplified and intense)...feeling of euphoria and what not. Six Frags has the right idea, the little things in each area will all combine to make each area very very unique from one another.

Right now im about 1/5 into the E area and progress is extremely slow....I wasn't satisfied at ALL with what was coming out when i began so ive taken a break from RCT for the past two weeks to recollect and gather my thoughts. One thing thats probably going to kill me is my lack of hacking abilities in RCT2....i need some hacking skills to pull off what I want so that might take some time....but for now im still expecting to finish this in time (and even if I dont, I will finish it eventually).
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Mmm..

marihuana, for me, rarely gives me a comical/relaxed feeling. It does sometimes, but what really sets marihuana apart from other drugs is that it makes you think, crooked. You're aware of your inability to think clear, yet you keep thinking and through introspection, think you're finding stuff out about how you work. I also get paranoid about people thinking i'm stoned, it's quite a complex thing. Though from the last couple of times i got that just relaxed feeling, might be the amount you smoke as well. Apparantly the amount of thc in our weed is much higher here, so you obviously get different trips (yeah, you might want to hit amsterdam while you're at it ;P). The comical bit almost always stays, though. Laugh kicks are a part of weed, for almost everyone i know. One of the only drugs that seems to get more intense everytime you smoke it..

Ecstasy, though, is not something i would at all be able to describe with alcohol (even though i usually combine every drug with alcohol, apparantly). When you get drunk from alcohol it is a much more intense experience than being on ecstasy, maybe if you take 2 or 3 pills that changes, i wouldn't know. The thing is, ecstasy gives you energy out of no where, but you remain completely clear and able to do anything. When you're drunk you might spill your beer or act stupid. When you're on e the only thing that will set you apart is your pupils, and for the ones that know you, the amount of dancing and the intensity of it. Every E pill is different, though. Some of it isn't ecstasy and it's really something to be careful with..

I've never done shrooms to help you out, but i definitely believe there are even more kinds of trips you can get from the same shroom.

The best option you'd have is really make it more into a setting for the different drugs than the actual effect, but i think you'll come out there anyways. Make the shrooms at home, with hallucinations. Make the weed in a relaxed park, where some things are just absurd and funny. Make the ecstasy in a night club. (or night life, in rct).

Drugs are an interesting concept to me, i just have trouble seeing it in rct :P. It would be funny if you could somehow make the areas change if you're doing combinations of the drugs ;P.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Youve got a pretty clear idea of what to expect on a general level it seems. I agree you think a lot when you are high, but your level of thought is much higher and more introspective when your on shrooms (in addition to your hallucination levels), so I decided to strictly have the thought provoking stuff there in the shrooms area. The big thing youll imediately notice when looking at the area is the mood/energy from the different areas....they all are very unique and specific and are made to take you different places when looking at the areas....Also certain areas will have sub-areas (wont name which getting to detailed now) that have sub-themes in balance with the general theme of the areas themselves (but with slightly different moods).

And actually, now that im thinking alcohol could be a fun thing to do in RCT....make coasters themed to different drinks.

EDIT:
    Also....um....is it possible If I can ask somebody to do hacks for me in rct2 (Is that allowed Kumba)? Like, they won't build anything, I just send them the park and ask them to do a *specific* hack (IE merge), and then they send it back and I move on. Is that within the rules? It would save me a HELLLLLL of a lot of time.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading