RCT Discussion / The List #100-1

• Carl%s's Photo
    What is this "Legends Challenge" that #69 is from? How long ago was that contest and is there a page for it still? Or perhaps a forum topic or something that would list the rest of the entries?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Updated... finally :kiss:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    So everyone bitches to me about when I will update this thing and now 24 hours later we got 0 replies? ok...

Anyways I thought BG:L and Universal Outrage should have been much higher, as imo they are in the top 5/10 LL parks ever. I don't think Helios or the Unknown should have made it this high, infact I don't think id even have either in my top 100. As for DRC at #46 thats fine with me, infact I was pretty happy with that placement after looking at the whole list... you'll know why when you see the top 10.

Now lets get some replies or I'll keep the top 45 between me and iris :p
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    I haven't downloaded The Unknown yet, but I don't think Helios should have made the list either. Tales of Camelot was good, but I personally think it should have been ranked lower. Artesian Well Waterworks I didn't especially like at first but it's grown on me and I like it much more than the first time I saw it. The Three Villages has an atmosphere like little else that makes up for and works well with the lack of rides. Sierra Glen is so brown you can almost call it Sepia Glen. I've never liked Moonlight Magic and I think that it's as dull as a foam sword. Some I might rank higher, but I'll leave that until I've seen what's ranked above on the list.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    Most of the parks you are naming there Ge-Ride have been ground-breaking when they were released. One more than the other and all great pieces of rct.
    Those parks truely deserve being on the list and could even be ranked higher as those parks were used a lot as role models for other peoples work.

I really like the update of the list as it brings back a lot of memories and some parks I should look at again once I find the time.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    ^I understand that Moonlight Magic was considered groundbreaking when released, but for all those copycats, I really don't find the park to be very interesting. I've looked back at other work from the Danimaton era and I really don't see why Moonlight Magic is so hyped. Sure it's been influential, but even considering the era, I don't like the park. Helios honestly didn't have an amazing layout and while I admit it helped inspire all sorts of parkmakers afterwards, I really don't like it by itself. I don't care how many knock-offs a park has inspired. I rate parks by how much I enjoyed them, not how much somebody else did or how many people used elements of it in their own work. I'm not speaking for the community, but rather for myself and what I consider to be the most continually enjoyable creations of all time and not the most influential.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Kumba please update my reviews. Also if you want me to keep writing them, you could send me the next installment?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    After this round of MM I'll get on it. Sorry I forgot.
  • CF%s's Photo
    STrange that this have no awards
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    So maybe if some people get talking about this I will actually update the list...

I really want to get down to the shocking parts which happen in places 30-3 :p
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    People aren't talking about this cause there hasn't been an update in forever.

If you update it, they will comment.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I want to see where my other park ended up. Update, please.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Just because people aren't talking doesn't mean they aren't interested. Just saying.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Yeah hurry up already.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Yup, update please. Actually, people don't like to bump relatively old topics.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Can we please update this? I use these parks for inspiration, and I've already downloaded all the rct2 ones so It would be great to have more. Otherwise, I don't know what's good or not until I take all the time to download it.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Kumba was the only one working on this as far as I know, and since he is taking a little break, it wont be updated anytime soon.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Yes, I'm not sure if anyone has the list. It was already made up by iris, Kumba was just adding them slowly. I don't know if any of the other people working on this have the list... but maybe it'll turn up sometime.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    well it's iris' list... can't somebody ask him if he still has it and then some admin just start doing what Kumba was doing?

because seriously this could have been uploaded 100x in the time Darren was taking to do it. At a rate of...um... never.
  • posix%s's Photo
    iris is rather hard to get hold of these days. i've been in contact with him due to a few other things. when i get the chance to talk to him again, i'll ask about this. but don't get to many hopes that he still has this.
    rapido, just download all the spotlights and you're set.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading