RCT Discussion / The List #100-1

• darkfire%s's Photo
    I have a copy of it. Although it's not quite up-to-date as it doesn't have DRC on it so there may be other differences too.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Actually, Darren gave me a copy of the list in Word format, if anyone needs it, just contact me on AIM.
  • posix%s's Photo
    why don't you just post the whole thing at once. it appears there's still interest.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo

I have a copy of it. Although it's not quite up-to-date as it doesn't have DRC on it so there may be other differences too.

It might be that DRC just isn't on there. I know for a fact that Watkins and Spellbrook both didn't make it.

But yeah, one of you guys ought to just go and post it maybe up through 5 and then do them a bit slower or something.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    If you guys have it, post it. I'd say do 10 spots or so at a time, that way we could get some longevity out of it but still get it out of the way quickly.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Ill have to get copies of the parks from you guys, if I dont have them, and Ill have to take screenshots for the webpage. Then we can post it, however many at a time you all want.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo

It might be that DRC just isn't on there. I know for a fact that Watkins and Spellbrook both didn't make it.

Nah, its already posted at 46.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    ^It is possible, however unlikely, that Kumba bumped one off the list and stuck in DRC at a spot where he figured he could get away with it and that is the last full update of the list.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Surprising to see Busch Gardens Sydney so low! The next update should be interesting.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    yeah indeed .... soms very good PT2 parks have pasted already and DRC also already now ... is there really so much wonderfull old stuff I missed :p ?
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Yeah, its interesting to see how over time some of the originally lower scoring PT parks are ranked above some of the higher scoring ones today.

Also, you guys might want to update the title since it still says 100-46.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Escalante River Falls, Egyptopia, and Busch Gardens Sydney land too soon I'm afraid. :'(

Disney's Movie Magic as well I suppose... But really? Escalante below Mont St. Michel!? Then again I've never been much of a architecture fanatic; it's all about rides, overall atmosphere, and details. Everything else just weaves those together.

Ride6
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Yeah, Mont Saint Michel is awesome.
    I'm curious to see the next line of parks!

SF
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I almost forget AC was one here, nice to see iris has failed to completely erase me from his memory :p

Lets get the next update posted so everyone can take a collective crap at what is #32 ;)
  • Valp%s's Photo
    Haven't been on here in awhile, or active RCT-wise in about two years.

I do remember, though, Escalante River Falls being my favorite RCT piece ever created. I loved everything about it.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Rift Valley being outside the top ten, let alone the top 25 is a crime against all humanity!

>:{

But then again, it's not my list.

At least Mount Sinister, WOMB, Rivers of Babylon, BOMB, etc. haven't been let loose yet.

Ride6
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    I'm just excited that Insular Insomnia is finishing in the top ten!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Holy crap, I can't believe Mars Eurolai made the list, much less at number 29. I'd sortof written that one off as a failed experiment not really worth finishing. I'm glad iris got something out of it though. I did like a lot of the ideas in that one and it really had some potential to be cool with some more time and a working coaster. It was supposed to have a bunch of timed effects that activated as the coaster went throughout sortof like that Chain-Reaction sequence Kumba made for H2H3. There was also a long fictional history of space exploration that gave the back story for what was going on there (something about Sino-Colonies and Border Wars and what not) but I didn't finish that either.

Reading over these list updates reminds me what was so fun about New Element in the first place -- seeing this whole crazy RCT phenomenon through other people's eyes. Over time I guess I just got increasingly interested in my own opinion and sortof forgot that other people had valid opinions too. Kindof sad how that can happen.

Overall I don't have any complaints about the List so far. Some of the smaller designs maybe I'd nitpick whether they deserve to be on there, but then most of my appearances have been on the smaller side as well so I suppose I shouldn't complain :). There's always going to be great work left off when you make a list like this, but mostly I'm just impressed with the quality of work that rises to the top over the years. Looking forward to the top 25.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Ha! I have the exact same thing. I've become so well accustomed to what i like, and to the idea that nothing else really matters, that i hold no interest in what other people think anymore.* Now it seems like a nostalgic past time looking at iris' list, not agreeing one bit about over half the parks even being on there in the first place, and remembering when you felt that there was some kind of status derived from the silly thing way back when!

And i think it's a good thing, i feel that you should stand true to your ideology, and that more fun in rct and more personal work is then created. If there's one thing you shouldn't do is try to create a 'perfect park'. Or even a really good one. Because it ends up with you thinking about what makes it perfect. And what makes it perfect? Everyone should like it. Or even certain people. What i love about rct now is that i'm creating the park i want to make right now. And it's not perfect in the least bit. People will despise it, and people will love it. It's perfect in my own rct ideology.

Mars Eurolai was an interesting bit of work though. Slightly unfinished looking as it, basically was, but nice nonetheless. Seeing you post reminds me of our h2h park. I do believe it was your turn to work on it, wasn't it? ;P

*in retrospect to what i just wrote: I do hold interest in what other people think. But it's more a curiosity now, than much else. So you'll still be seeing my stuff, if i ever get around to finishing.
  • Mr J%s's Photo
    How do you see the top 25 in The List?

EDIT: Never mind, I see they're adding more :\

Edited by Mr J, 12 June 2008 - 09:47 AM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading