Ask the Experts / Hack Like a 'WinHacker'

• Super G%s's Photo
    Like I said, even with zero-clearences on it doesn't work. I want to build a station, but on the pieces of land where the entrance and exit stood before they went invissible, I can't built anything.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    I think the problem might be that you either deleted the support blocker or cleared the scenery on that tile, which causes this. Undo the invisible hack and re-try it.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    *double post
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    I did this hack successfully a few weeks ago on two station huts and then found that I need to swap them. I made them visible again by deleting null objects and rebuilt them in the right orientation in order to try the hack again. This time, nothing seems to happen when I go into ride editor and attempt to make the dummy track invisible. I'm not getting an error trapper or anything, but it's getting a little frustrating. If anyone would be willing to open the game and have a go at it/see what's up I'd appreciate it. PM me if you're interested. It's for my wooden design.

-disneylhand
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    PM sent.
  • Shaman%s's Photo

There's probably something wrong with the dll's. Download this instead:

I've tried this one and many other dll's and I'm having the same issue. The "Make invisible" checkbox doesn't work at all.
  • midget%s's Photo
    Thank God you posted this bro! I've looked everywhere for a tutorial on this, thanks a lot! :mantis: :D
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Hey guys long shot but let's have a pop.

Can anyone assist me in moving entry/exit huts to other tiles on the map? Not sinking them just moving them to different areas of the map to create better ride peepability. I know there's no tutorial in this thread for it but it's one of the things talked about, would love that tutorial btw gee. :p
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    use dummy station, or hex-edit a duplicate hut.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Hmmm thanks for the idea of the dummy station, I didnt think of that but still can't really get it to work. And I have no idea how to duplicate a hut tbh :p
  • dr dirt%s's Photo

Hmmm thanks for the idea of the dummy station, I didnt think of that but still can't really get it to work. And I have no idea how to duplicate a hut tbh :p/>

Just trying to remember... it's pretty simple. color the land tile you will use and follow levis's guide to finding it in hex editor. place the hut in the direction and height you want the new one to be in on that tile. go back to hex editor and copy the hex strings of the tile to word or notepad. Then locate the tile you want the moved hut to be at and find it in hex editor the same way. copy in the hex strings you saved in notepad and you have your duplicate hut. Then just delete the old one. the queue lines off the new hut can be temperamental, so its easiest just to use a dummy station, but this can be used to create multiple huts like geewhzz hinted at in the tutorial.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Anyone know how to make the vertical lift for a Eurofighter or Fahrenheit-esque coaster (isn't it like toggle chain or something like that)? I remember Xtreme posting something a while back but I can't find it.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    I believe you need 8 cars 1.32 and than just color the part of the track you want to make the chain. And open 8 cars and find the ride. Click toggle chain and make sure you have alternative color scheme selected.

That's what I thought anyway but It doesn't work for me? So.. Any help would be appreciated.

-Josh
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Yep, that's it. Just be careful in terms of saving, I've had some trouble with 8cars (especially 1.32) with Windows 7 somewhat crashing it (if the train type category is blank, DON'T try anything, close RCT, and open 8cars before RCT) Otherwise it should work
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Does 1.32 even work with win7 because it doesnt for me
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    I can't even open 1.32 in Windows 7 without RCT2 crashing, so be careful. If you need help with that or the drop (which can be found here) don't hesitate to PM me :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    All my 8cars work fine in Windows 7. I use the following settings on all RCT related programmes:

-Run programme in compatibility mode Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    -Disable visual themes
    -Disable desktop composition
    -Run programme as administrator.

I have no problems with RCT whatsoever.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Sorry to be bringing this up again, but I've tried using Toggle Chain with 1.32 and it's not working. I'm getting the message "rides edited" and I'm using the alternative color scheme but I'm not getting any results. The game isn't crashing either.

Am I missing something?
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    Edit- Nevermind
  • Hepta%s's Photo

Sorry to be bringing this up again, but I've tried using Toggle Chain with 1.32 and it's not working. I'm getting the message "rides edited" and I'm using the alternative color scheme but I'm not getting any results. The game isn't crashing either.

Am I missing something?

If you're expecting the chain to show up visually, be wary because most track pieces won't display an actual chain when you use the toggle chain function.

If you've tested the ride though, and the chain doesn't work, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading