General Chat / Fantasy Football 2013

• K0NG%s's Photo
    Well, I'm pretty happy with my draft. Got Fitzgerald, Bolden, Big Ben, Steven Jackson and the defense and kicker that I wanted.......now we just have to wait for the fucking season to begin. BTW, I forget who it was that didn't get shit for WRs....I have plenty of good ones if you're looking to deal.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Draft Results
    Team Name - Team Captain
    Draft Pick # - Player Name - NFL Team

MIAMI FIGHTIN IGUANAZ (Kumba)
    3 Michael Turner, Atl
    14 LaDainian Tomlinson, SD
    19 Frank Gore, SF
    30 Ronnie Brown, Mia
    35 Terrell Owens, Buf
    46 Jason Witten, Dal
    51 Aaron Rodgers, GB
    62 Braylon Edwards, Cle
    67 Titans D/ST, Ten
    78 Vincent Jackson, SD
    83 Matt Schaub, Hou
    94 Patriots D/ST, NE
    99 Kellen Winslow, TB
    110 Bernard Berrian, Min
    115 Lance Moore, NO
    126 Kris Brown, Hou

AUSTIN WAR ELEPHANTS (Chapelz)
    1 Adrian Peterson, Min
    16 Matt Forte, Chi
    17 Clinton Portis, Was
    32 Jay Cutler, Chi
    33 Greg Jennings, GB
    48 Brandon Marshall, Den
    49 Dallas Clark, Ind
    64 Tony Romo, Dal
    65 Larry Johnson, KC
    80 Dolphins D/ST, Mia
    81 Ryan Longwell, Min
    96 Lee Evans, Buf
    97 Cedric Benson, Cin
    112 Kevin Walter, Hou
    113 Earnest Graham, TB
    128 Laveranues Coles, Cin

RALEIGH-DURHAM SKYHAWKS (gir)
    7 Philip Rivers, SD
    10 Brian Westbrook, Phi
    23 Steve Smith, Car
    26 Steelers D/ST, Pit
    39 Antonio Gates, SD
    42 Kevin Smith, Det
    55 Hines Ward, Pit
    58 Donovan McNabb, Phi
    71 Panthers D/ST, Car
    74 Bo Scaife, Ten
    87 Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ
    90 Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG
    103 David Akers, Phi
    106 Muhsin Muhammad, Car
    119 Donald Brown, Ind
    122 John Kasay, Car

FLORIDA PELICANS (In:Cities)
    6 Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac
    11 Andre Johnson, Hou
    22 Eli Manning, NYG
    27 Calvin Johnson, Det
    38 Tony Gonzalez, Atl
    43 Thomas Jones, NYJ
    54 Santonio Holmes, Pit
    59 Santana Moss, Was
    70 T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Sea
    75 Derrick Ward, TB
    86 Knowshon Moreno, Den
    91 Ted Ginn Jr., Mia
    102 Matt Cassel, KC
    107 Julius Jones, Sea
    118 Colts D/ST, Ind
    123 Jason Elam, Atl

TEAM JDP (JDP)
    4 Tom Brady, NE
    13 Kurt Warner, Ari
    20 Brandon Jacobs, NYG
    29 Randy Moss, NE
    36 Jamal Lewis, Cle
    45 Marshawn Lynch*, Buf
    52 Kevin Boss, NYG
    61 Eagles D/ST, Phi
    68 DeSean Jackson, Phi
    77 Chris Wells, Ari
    84 Joe Flacco, Bal
    93 Ricky Williams, Mia
    100 Brent Celek, Phi
    109 Kevin Curtis, Phi
    116 Trent Edwards, Buf
    125 Lawrence Tynes, NYG

LONG ISLAND TROJANS (Comet)
    2 Drew Brees, NO
    15 Steve Slaton, Hou
    18 Chris Johnson, Ten
    31 Marion Barber, Dal
    34 Roddy White, Atl
    47 Dwayne Bowe, KC
    50 Pierre Thomas, NO
    63 Wes Welker, NE
    66 Darren McFadden, Oak
    79 Joseph Addai, Ind
    82 Antonio Bryant, TB
    95 Owen Daniels, Hou
    98 Ray Rice, Bal
    111 Eddie Royal, Den
    114 Vikings D/ST, Min
    127 Mason Crosby, GB

LA APES OF NB/CM (K0NG)
    8 Steven Jackson, StL
    9 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari
    24 Anquan Boldin, Ari
    25 Ryan Grant, GB
    40 LenDale White, Ten
    41 Chad Ochocinco, Cin
    56 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit
    57 Darren Sproles, SD
    72 Ravens D/ST, Bal
    73 Chris Cooley, Was
    88 Nate Kaeding, SD
    89 Carson Palmer, Cin
    104 Donald Driver, GB
    105 Torry Holt, Jac
    120 Devin Hester, Chi
    121 Jake Delhomme, Car

CAROLINA CORNDOGS (Top Gun)
    5 DeAngelo Williams, Car
    12 Peyton Manning, Ind
    21 Reggie Wayne, Ind
    28 Marques Colston, NO
    37 Jonathan Stewart, Car
    44 Matt Ryan, Atl
    53 Reggie Bush, NO
    60 Willie Parker, Pit
    69 Roy E. Williams, Dal
    76 Anthony Gonzalez, Ind
    85 Giants D/ST, NYG
    92 Fred Taylor, NE
    101 Heath Miller, Pit
    108 Michael Crabtree, SF
    117 Jets D/ST, NYJ
    124 Stephen Gostkowski, NE
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    i blame autodraft for the longwell pick as he was my highest ranked kicker but still epic fail on that pick.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I really love my team. I ended up picking my RBs right away coz each time I could not believe they were still available. Not super sure about the rest of my slots, but normally the team with the strongest backs wins, so I should be ok. Id like to talk trades, so send me some offers and we can talk, just there is next to no way I will trade Gore or Brown. LT or Turner... well it would take a really good offer.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I'm pretty upset with my team.
    Vikings as my defense, the only back I got that I wanted was Slaton but I got him way too early in the draft.
    Got neither of the receivers I wanted, Johnson or Fitzgerald.

All I really got was Brees which makes me pretty happy actually.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    ^ehh idk bro the vikings D was actually ranked pretty highly on there.
    i was going to pick them, but ended up going with the colts for their run defense lol

i'm happy with my team though.
    a little weak on the QB side, but as far as recievers and backs, i think i'm pretty set:]
  • gir%s's Photo
    Wow! Pre-draft actually worked out pretty well, though Kevin Smith, Donald Brown and Bradshaw were the three I hadn't ranked (I apparently didn't rank enough RBs) but I could think of a worse situation.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Remember to swap Brady and Fitzgerald there, I almost lost my mind when I saw that I didn't have Fitz til I remembered the switch.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Fixed
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Thank you, Sir.

Ya know, the more I look at my roster (fixed) the more I like just about everything about my season. And, my draft. I got Fitzgerald AND Bolden, Big Ben to throw to 'em, the Ravens D, the best kicker in the league and........oh yeah, Steven Jackson....just the leader in total yards for RB's the last two years.

And, I don't think (barring injury) that I need a TE. Cooley is reliable and there every week. That's why I only picked one.

I have LenDale, Brian Grant, Sproles, 85, Torry and Devon Hester BACKING UP my starters....Carson Palmer and Jake Delhomme as backup QB's.

I don't draft to trade...I draft to win.

It would take a REAL sweet TE to get any of my WR's.

Edited by K0NG, 08 August 2009 - 10:38 PM.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    There is a bye week tho, so you'll need another tight end at least once. Wont be good when your two best WRs are out, thats why its best not to get to much off one team. Also please update your roster at ESPN, you dont have a starting QB atm...

All the teams look pretty strong right now, I dont see any clear favorite. Its gona come down to who manages their roster the best. A lot depends on who is playing who.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I'm in the middle of adding some more personal favorites to my team right now, my Week 1 starting team should be up by the end of the week.
  • Brent%s's Photo

I'm in. I figure I can talk a bunch of smack, win every regular season week and then forfeit the championship away.

I haven't laughed this hard since last night. Seriously though, major lulz here....
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Going through my roster, checking the waiver wire........I'm thinking Darren's got a real point.

While I really like Cooley...I definitely do need another front-line TE.

Maybe Boldin in some kind of deal for a TE and??????

Talk to me...........

Edit: BTW, I have no issues working on deals out here in public......actually, I prefer to keep the 'press' informed. Plus, it keeps the other owners on their toes and makes it more interesting for people that aren't in the league to view.

We need to get the losers (every NE member that didn't have the brass to sign up for this) into this too.......so the smack will actually mean something.

Plus, I know they're all rooting for me.

Edited by K0NG, 11 August 2009 - 12:15 AM.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Well I got Witten and Winslow and could really use a guy like Boldin. Witten was my top ranked TE, im not sure id just swap him for Boldin, you'd need to toss someone else in. Id do a 2 for 1 to get Boldin for Winslow tho, like him and McFadden for Boldin and anyone else.

Also we do have a forum with our league, seems like im the only one using it... oh and FUCK at gir for picking up Barber, I had that down as my #1 claim, but it seems he was higher up on the waiver order, only I did not see him request Barber and it said my getting him was prioity #1, ah well I got Garrard instead (+Darren McFadden & Pierre Thomas), so im not as worried about my QB slot. Props on moving faster then me, wont happen again...
  • gir%s's Photo
    Ahh yeah gotta love the waiver order, though there are still some good RBs available. With the addition of Barber I'm pretty happy with my team, so I probably won't be making any more moves for now.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

Well I got Witten and Winslow and could really use a guy like Boldin. Witten was my top ranked TE, im not sure id just swap him for Boldin, you'd need to toss someone else in. Id do a 2 for 1 to get Boldin for Winslow tho, like him and McFadden for Boldin and anyone else.

I like Witten (DAMN, I wanted Antonio Gates) and if it were 20 years ago, the name Kellen Winslow would spark my interest. But, it's not 20 years ago and I'm real happy with Cooley as my starter. So, to get Boldin it's gonna take more than a Winslow. If I trade a top notch receiver, it's gonna take an upgrade at my TE spot to get him. So, before I just pick up Alge Crumpler from the waiver wire ( he looked GREAT in that HOF game) as a backup for the ONE off week.......

Oh yeah....I also replaced Jake Delhomme with Kerry Collins a a backup QB. Forgot how crappy Vince Young is when he's not playing USC and figured Collins will be Titans regular QB (again).

Edited by K0NG, 11 August 2009 - 09:52 PM.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Yeah Alge is great TE grab, but still your RBs are weak. Jackson is great, but all the rest split time and are mostly #2 guys. Also if you want to go WR for WR id assume you'd love Vincent Jackson at WR, I mean he's a Charger. Only he'd be hard to get, imo he's my best. So which of my RBs would you be willing to swap for Boldin, or Larry, I think id trade LT for him ;)
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Picked up Alge so, I have a backup TE. I don't necessarily think my backs are weak at all.

I'm pretty content with my roster but, I could deal Boldin. About all I have of my upper-tier that I'd be willing to part with. For the right offer. Doesn't have to be an LT...just make it worth it.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well who do you want for him off my roster? You know who I want.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading