Related Games / Indiana Funland:After the Storm

• fraroc%s's Photo
    Posted Image

THE INDIANA FUNLAND STORY by fraroc

Hello Everybody! Im Avery Ross. This is my first year in the amusement industry. I have had a lot of experiance!

I first fell in love with Amusement Parks in the mid sixties when I took a ride on the Mine Train in Six Flags Over Texas. For me it was not a roller coaster, but an adventure. Now its 1974 and my dream to work in amusements has come true!

I have just taken over a project to build a pleasure park in a grassland in Hammond, Indiana. This project has been going on for several years. Now that Im here, things are starting to come into place. All the legal papers are signed and we should start construction soon!

Stay tuned tommorrow for pictures of the field and more discussion of our plans!
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Sounds good. Try to have pictures in your first post next time though. A Landscape overview, a logo, or anything.
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Im working on a logo but I need a nice slogan that will fit the theme!
  • posix%s's Photo
    fraroc, i'm sorry to tell you that we have a little known policy around here that new topics in the ad have to have at least one rct screenshot in them. thanks for updating your initial post with one.
  • fraroc%s's Photo

thanks for updating your initial post with one.

What do you mean? I diddnt post any pics. I confirmed pics tommorrow!
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i guess youve never come across the lie-suggestion-clue thing.
    update your first post sharpish so this doesnt have to be moved.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    Is it possible to turn the graphics up any farther? It looks pretty bad right now. Almost as bad as my computer. :p
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That screen highlights the reason why I think RCT3 is pure shit. The tracks dont ever have smooth flowing transitions.
  • fraroc%s's Photo

Is it possible to turn the graphics up any farther? It looks pretty bad right now. Almost as bad as my computer. :p

I think the graphics are good! considering what they looked like before I got the Nividia
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    louis thats a morgan hyper by the looks of things, what the hell do you expect.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    ^ I would expect bad transitions on an Arrow hyper. The Morgans are very smooth!

But there's not much to comment on. A better layout picture would be nice or any sort of scenery whatsoever.. supports, etc.
  • fraroc%s's Photo

Im glad you pointed that out! I can make a good Steel Force clone anyday! And this pic is my new logo! The morgan will not be in the park
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    That's a big logo.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Just saying here, RCT3 peeps are ASS UGLY. At least the ones in RCT2 were all same-sex cute little lego looking minifigures. The RCT3 peeps make me want to puke.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I'm not saying that he has made the transitions bad. ALL transitions on RCT3 are goddamn awful and look absolute shit.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Both Morgan and Arrow hypers use straight banking transitions because they don't really have to be designed. The difference is that Morgan hypers make their straight banking transitions a lot longer in length/duration which makes them feel smoother, as the inherent lateral g-forces associated with straight transitions are mitigated by the lower accelerations (also due to the fact that arrow uses these transitions at valleys of hills whereas Morgan is usually careful not to transition during vertical g-force times).

That being said, all banking transitions in every RCT game are straight, but at least in 1 and 2 they only take one tile. I think 3 has the option to bank over 3 tiles or something like that but that may be for 90 degree banking. What is shown in his screen is a 1 tile banking though, just like in 1 and 2, and that's the only way it would look like in 3d; it cannot look better than that because that's what a short, straight transition would look like in real life.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yes, but what I'm saying is that the 1 tile transitions look a lot better in 1 & 2 than in 3, where they look god awful.
  • fraroc%s's Photo

Hey everybody. I recently took a trip to Hammond to visit field where Indiana Funland will be built. Its a beautiful place if I may say so myself.

Posted Image
    What a beautiful field.

Posted Image
    adjacent to the park is the winding Diamond Heights river. It is surrounded by lots of pretty trees!

Posted Image
    A visible treeline here. Its very nice.

Construction should start soon. stay tuned!

Bye for now!

Avery Ross

Edited by fraroc, 07 January 2010 - 04:44 PM.

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Well its pretty much just a landscape, just wondering if you could maybe make the riverbanks look a little better and get rid of the tree in the middle. Also, could you maybe crop out the toolbars?

Edited by Austin55, 07 January 2010 - 05:01 PM.

• fraroc%s's Photo

. Also, could you maybe crop out the toolbars?

dont have the slightest idea how to do that

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading