Related Games / Indiana Funland:After the Storm

• Top Gun%s's Photo

this is a GAME not a REAL PARK

Then why get so angry?

Look, you've obviously been inspired by coasterdude5's park. If you look at his park(which is a good one) he showed much more then bare land and pathways.

Edited by Top Gun, 08 January 2010 - 09:32 PM.

• fraroc%s's Photo

Hello Everybody, Our flagship attraction, an absolutly massive John Allen roller coaster is built!! But we are having difficulty choosing a name!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am going to hold a little contest. out of 3 names, what is the best?

1.Patriot
    2.Indiana Flyer
    3.Windstorm

Bye for now

Avery Ross

Edited by fraroc, 09 January 2010 - 08:09 AM.

• Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    Can we see some more of the layout before picking a name?
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Heres a mini-update for you

I was advised by one of my colleagues (AlpengeistFan) to take a helecopter trip around the park for a good shot of our unnamed rollercoaster

Posted Image
    It has a very nice out and back layout! Simple but thrilling.

Bye for now

Avery Ross
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i thought you said you concentrated on coasters?
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    What do you mean? I DID!!

And your name suggestion please?
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    That first drop would really hurt

And a name: Derecho
  • fraroc%s's Photo

That first drop would really hurt

And a name: Derecho

I would never do a desicable thing like copying from another person's park! I build that ride MYSELF and MYSELF ONLY!! UNDERSTAND?!?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    ctfo

i was instantly reminded of derecho too.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    yah me too
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    ok, I will admit its very similar to CGAP's Derecho, but Its my own creation and Im sticking to it.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    i think its the colors
    And how it goes straight, than makes a diagonal turn.

I think out of the 3 that you want us to pick from, Windstormer is the best.
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    Come on guys!! MORE OPIONIONS!!
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Well, since you asked:

This needs a lot of work, fraroc. I've played RCT3 before, I know that it's a hard game to play and get good at. If you want to get better, I think you need to start smaller.

Practice coasters in the sandbox just for fun to get the feel of the coasters and how they would look in real life. Take a look at it; would you want to ride your coaster? As of right now, I can tell you that your coaster in this park isn't going to be very fun. First off, I'm not even sure that the coaster will make it over the first hill. After that, that turn right after the drop is going to be mighty painful. If you're going to do a turn after the drop, stretch it out a bit, make it graduated, not sudden. Then, when the turnaround comes around, it is about half the height of the hill before, and it has no banked turn. Sounds like it'll hurt. Let's continue. You then have two "airtime" hills after that turnaround. That's it? There's gotta be more. You want to keep your guests entertained. 5 hills on a coaster this big is not going to satisfy that need. After that, you continue with the no banking with a turn at the end right into a hill, leading into the brake run. Does this sound like a very fun ride to you fraroc? If anything it'll be boring and painful. But enough of that for now, let's move on to something different.

Look at that path. My eyes are in agony just looking at it from a screen. Use the tarmac. It'll seem boring, but if you spruce it up with some benches, lamps, planters, and the like, it'll be more interesting. This path you have now may be "interesting," but it's overload. You'll never see this in a real park, and you're going for realism.

Thirdly, your archy needs help, desperately. Make your info kiosks within a building, not a over sized port-a-potty. Make one large building that can conceal everything. I will use CD5's park as an example. Notice how he fits stalls into the inside of a building? That's what you're mainly going to see in real life. Also, the station is going to need some work. One rule of thumb I always use for those pointed roofs is that never use them unless it is a 1x1 building you're putting it on top of, like a spire. Also, put "floors" in the station building. When you ride a coaster in reality, you don't see gaping holes in the floor where you can fall through.

The only other real advice I can give you is to just practice and start smaller. Based on the screens, it looks as if you're using the sandbox sized park, maybe bigger, and I think it's just too big for you right now.

Now, I really hope you read this because I really think you can get better fraroc.
  • fraroc%s's Photo

Hello everybody!! we have decided on a name for our coaster! It was a tough choice, we were tied between 2 names! but the deciding vote is (drumroll)

INDIANA FLYER!!
    Posted Image

We chose to name it this over Windstorm because its for the pride of our beautiful state of Indiana.

in other news for our park. we would like to present a new ride, Twist And Shout!
    Posted Image
    It looks like fun
    Posted Image
    but it could make you DIZZY!!

Also, this question has been flying around, when will it open? were shooting twoards next year. There are some major prepping we need to do. And as for food stands, we are building a reaturaunt, but its not quite ready yet.

see you soon!!

Avery Ross
    I don't really like Indiana Flyer. It sounds to much like Carolina Calamity.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    The custom sign sucks tbh, boring and ugly.
    Moreover the foliage is pretty bad, add some small bushes.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    There's really nothing to comment on, fraroc. It needs more substance. The coaster layout needs some serious work. Take a look here for realistic layouts. Also, most coasters have the unload and load platforms on separate sides. If this is realistic, change the marble path. Your station archy could use some work, as stated add a floor. Work on your foliage, and don't be afraid to use the landscaping tools. Lastly, put something for the guests to look at near the queue lines, and spruce up the area around Twist and Shout. Hope this helps.
  • fraroc%s's Photo

Hello! Im back! as '74 draws to a close, we are proud to present new additions to Indiana Funland

Posted Image
    Carrousel, a fairground classic

Posted Image
    Whirler,a thrill ride for the whole family

Posted Image
    (Incomplete) Food&Things Pavillion, serving a variety of favorite American food like Burgers and Hot Dogs! The restrooms are also located in here.

See you in 75!!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading